Ghirardelli Chocolate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ghirardelli Chocolate Interview Questions

Interviews at Ghirardelli Chocolate

2.4

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate in March 2013.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter. Had a phone interview that was very straight forward. I was selected to then meet with a Marketing Manager that I would be supporting, this was a phone interview. The questions weren't very difficult. Questions pertained to working across functions, social media experience and data analysis.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (Gainesville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

20minute phone interview. Asked a bunch of questions related to management. Did not ask a lot directly related to my role. Was expecting more on lean manufacturing and technical questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Leandro, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A very structured interview process. Started with an initial phone screening interview followed by round of onsite interviews. Well conducted. All questions asked were relevant, appropriate to assess applicant's job experience and performance. The best part was the kind and courteous behavior of every individual I interacted throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

Ghirardelli Chocolate Response

Mar 15, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for your review! Glad the process went quickly for you!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Leandro, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

My recent experience with interviewing was less than stellar and quite frustrating. I was working with a recruiting agency that is very reputable in the food industry. On a side note, the recruiting agency was very prompt and responsive. Once I was able to connect with the recruiter and pass along my resume and what I desired, he immediately set up a call with HR. On the time and date of my first interview screen with HR, I waited 10-15 minutes for the call. I reached out to recruiter and they contacted HR and reported back to me immediately that my interview was not on their schedule. Disappointed but was able to confirm another call time and date one week out.
    That time and date to interview with HR went off without a hitch. The screen was very thorough; she asked very detailed questions regarding my job experience and technical skills. The screen was promising to move to the next step, which would be a call to the direct manager. This was arranged through the recruiter for the following week.
    On the next scheduled date for interview with the direct manager, again I waited for 10 minutes. I contacted the recruiter on the tardiness of my scheduled interview. It took the recruiter 30 minutes on top of that to reach the company to tell him again the interview was not on the books. It took an additional two more attempts of rescheduling to finally reach the contact.
    After 7.5 weeks of planning to set aside time from my current job, rescheduling, and patiently waiting to receive any feedback and/or next steps, I receive minuscule amount of feedback on why they passed me up for the role. Zero explanation on what was their concerns or critics to better inform me of my performance.
    To say this process was stressful and disrespectful to my time is to say the least. This reflects how poorly the company is managed and not sure if that would be a positive environment to work in.

Interview Questions

• Explain your technical experience for each role previous.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

not much just asked for my employment history and what I expected out of the job.
    Was called back by a general manager and was in training a day later

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Interview

Applied to Ghirardelli online for a supervisor position. I was called back two weeks later and asked if I wanted to set up an interview the next day at 11am. I showed up 5 minutes early and asked the supervisor on duty if my interviewer was there. He said that the he wasn't working that day and that he had to try to clear this up. I made light of the situation and said that I would be waiting in the lobby area. He apologized and said that he would be doing the interview instead. I had to fill out another application even though I completed the full application online. Basic interview questions were asked, availability, what I want to get out of working for the company.

Interview Questions

• On my availability I said that I could not work Mondays or Tuesdays. I usually never have a issue with this and he asked if it was a "make it or break it" when it came to that. Caught me off guard but I said that it was a break it because that's my availability.   Answer Question

Fountain Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Interview

When I went in for an interview, I was basically hired. The hiring manager was asking about my availability and started to sign forms. However, when I was already working there, I had a chance to eavesdrop some interview questions. Why do you want to work here? Tell me a little about yourself.

Sales Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Leandro, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and discussed the role and pay scale. Standard interview questions (why do you want this job?, what do you bring?, etc). After initial call, we talked about setting up f2f with hiring manager and that I would get invite back in a week. No word after that and it has been over a month. Won't even respond to email follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience implementing a new financial system?
      What process improvements have you implemented?   Answer Question

Choclatier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (Simpsonville, KY).

Interview

Very relaxed at outlet store. Basic questions about previous experience and what you value. Look at their website and list that. Drug test after interview have one week to do it (urine) - must be 18 for all positions. Will differ from manager to manager but previous food or cash service is a bonus. Mention that you are here to make everyone's day special and want to add that wow factor to their day after they have viaited the store.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you've done to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Summer Human Resources Interview

Interview

I met two staff from the HR department, one was the lead of the team that was hiring interns and the other was the manager. They first asked me a couple of questions related to my resume and chat at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern in HR?   1 Answer