Ghirardelli Chocolate Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ghirardelli Chocolate

1 Interview Review

2.0

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with the district manager, which was mostly him explaining the job and requirements to me as well as some questions about my background and experience. I was told the next step would be an in person interview. About a week and a half later I was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with two managers and thought it went really well. They were both very friendly and spoke positively to me about the position and even went in detail about the pay and schedule (without me asking). I was really expecting to receive an offer but they gave me a date to expect to hear back by and I never heard anything else from them.

I was pretty disappointed because it sounded like a job I would really enjoy doing, would really fit my interests and background and sounded like a good company to work for. But in the end I guess it was probably for the best because I even tried to follow up with them and was completely ignored. Never received a yes, no, we're still deciding, nothing. Personally I think it's rude and unprofessional business practice to completely ignore applicants after taking their time, leading them on in multiple interviews as if you're interested in hiring them, then completely ignoring them, not even responding to calls or emails to let them know your decision. So, it probably wouldn't have been a good company to work for and maybe I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• General questions about interests, work experience and ability to do the job   Answer Question