Giant Eagle Interview Questions in Akron, OH | Glassdoor

2.0

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Twinsburg, OH).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter to set up a interview. I went to the interview and it was with another store's 'co manager'. She asked me a ton of your usual interview questions. Unfortunately it was more like a drill session rather then a interview. It didn't feel like a conversation and the woman doing my interview had terrible eye contact. The interview lasted an hour. She told me "she thinks that HR will be in contact with me in the next few days". After a week of not hearing something, I emailed the recruiter. She said they had a few more interviews and we would be in contact.That was 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ravenna, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Ravenna, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Took about three days from submitting an application to receiving an offer. Preliminary phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the department team leader. Process was short, sweet, and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• A coworker asks you to do a task for them that you really do not want to do. How do you respond?   1 Answer

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Warren, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was normal met with a manager asked a few simple questions. Built a good rapport with him and was hired on the spot. Overall an easy interview. Very simple would do again in a heartbeat never had such an easy time getting a job

Meat Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Interview

Simple interview, Super nice hiring manager, overall easy and fun experience. Since this is an easy position the interview itself did not last very long, it was so easy and it was the type of interview that made you feel like you had the job before you actually had it.

Go Getter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Macedonia, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was short and very friendly. I enjoyed the hiring managers personality. The interview lasted for about 10 minutes before they gave me an offer. Although it was a hiring event, it happened all in one day.

Interview Questions

• What was a scenario where you had trouble but overcame it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Boardman, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

General interview that's personality and situation based. It's a two-step interview. One with someone from HR then with a store manager. I was offered a job on the spot. It was a negative experience because after being offered the job they were supposed to send an email with a link to verify my personal information. I was sent the email but the link was not included. I tried talking to someone about it but no one could answer the question to help me. It was only days from the time I submitted my application, to being called for the interview, to being offered the job, but it took two months for them to get the email situation straightened out.

Overnight Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Hermitage, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Simple interview. Called me back into room and asked me basic questions. Why do I want to work there and such.

File Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Warren, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

1 interview total. Was done by the owner of my particular store. It was very short and to the point. I was hired on the spot. Questions were mostly regarding my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Definitely unexpected question "what was your favorite subject in school"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was ever negotiated.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ravenna, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Ravenna, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Total waste of time. Group interview with 5 other people, have no time to introduce self or talk about past. They make other people introduce you. They ask you to "inventory" candy, which is totally a joke. And then they ask "what would you do if" questions. I thought I did everything great and my personality came through as much as it COULD. and they emailed me next day saying they had gone with someone else. The interview was with recruiters I would never work with and not even at the store i had applied to. awful judge of character. the store manager of where the interview was spent the entire time texting.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Macedonia, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Apply online. Meet with HR rep. Wait for background check. Personality test online. Meet with front end team leader. Orientation in store. In house training. Entire process was about 2 weeks