Giant Eagle Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

1.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I met with a store manager. It lasted about an hour. I took a tour of the facility. Met a couple of other managers. Learned about the daily routines an procedures.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Eagle

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Somerset, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a long process. It took about a month from application to offer. The questions were fairly simple and the hiring manager was very easygoing and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview was settup and processed quickly, less than three days. I was told the responsibilities, starting wage, raise layout. I was asked how i would handle certain situations. After which i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about customer service?/What do you believe the best form of customer service is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tarentum, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Tarentum, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager took me to a hack too and described all of the things I would be doing. And told me a bit about the history of the establishment. She had asked me about my previous jobs as well and what would be the best position for myself

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how my previous jobs would help me for the position I was applying for   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Had me wait a little while called me to the office had a seat started to talk about our family's...:)then she started to ask all the ???it was not hard at all I didn't feel stressed we laughed most of the interview..at the end she said looking forward to working with you and your background check should be done on Tuesday after that we will proceed with the drug test i said thank you and got out of there :)

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you as a cashier for giant eagle   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in December 2015.

Interview

Simple questions nothing difficult. They told me what the job consist of and how many hours I will work Manger was nice and I finally came in for orientation

Interview Questions

• If a customer needed you to help them something and you were going on your break ?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

They asked a series of what would you do in this situation questions that pertains to customer service. Very basic things that anyone who knows anything about customer service can answer very easily.

Interview Questions

• I can not remember any specific questions as they were a little lengthy since they were scenario questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Frederick, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

They called me over the phone and asked me situational questions then called me to setup a face to face interview that was mostly about when i was available to work and some more situational questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do if...   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Quick in contacting me back but no real questions in interview just basics asking when i could begin etc. It was efficient and i got an interview and drug test two days after submitting my application online for a position.

Interview Questions

• How long do you think youll work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Avon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Avon, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

It was easy. They basically just wanted to know personal information and about you as a person. Also went over the job and the requirements. majority of the interview was them talking more than me giving answers to questions. Like I said easy as can be