Giant Eagle Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2018

1.8

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Somerset, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a long process. It took about a month from application to offer. The questions were fairly simple and the hiring manager was very easygoing and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Eagle

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I met with a store manager. It lasted about an hour. I took a tour of the facility. Met a couple of other managers. Learned about the daily routines an procedures.

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Boardman, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

General interview that's personality and situation based. It's a two-step interview. One with someone from HR then with a store manager. I was offered a job on the spot. It was a negative experience because after being offered the job they were supposed to send an email with a link to verify my personal information. I was sent the email but the link was not included. I tried talking to someone about it but no one could answer the question to help me. It was only days from the time I submitted my application, to being called for the interview, to being offered the job, but it took two months for them to get the email situation straightened out.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview was settup and processed quickly, less than three days. I was told the responsibilities, starting wage, raise layout. I was asked how i would handle certain situations. After which i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about customer service?/What do you believe the best form of customer service is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Had me wait a little while called me to the office had a seat started to talk about our family's...:)then she started to ask all the ???it was not hard at all I didn't feel stressed we laughed most of the interview..at the end she said looking forward to working with you and your background check should be done on Tuesday after that we will proceed with the drug test i said thank you and got out of there :)

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you as a cashier for giant eagle   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Frederick, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

They called me over the phone and asked me situational questions then called me to setup a face to face interview that was mostly about when i was available to work and some more situational questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do if...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Some very basic questions about yourself. It was not a very difficult interview at all so nothing to worry about it. They are pretty quick on the hiring process, so they offered me a job at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in South Euclid, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (South Euclid, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

simply questions nothing to hard like can you handle customers with great service and keeping up with cash register bagging grocery and coming to work on time giving overall great satisfaction to customers

Interview Questions

• good with handling customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tarentum, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Tarentum, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager took me to a hack too and described all of the things I would be doing. And told me a bit about the history of the establishment. She had asked me about my previous jobs as well and what would be the best position for myself

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how my previous jobs would help me for the position I was applying for   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I applied online. The manager called me for a brief phone interview and asked me to come in for a second in-person interview. They offered me the position right away and I got a follow-up call from HR soon after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to do something you didn't want to do.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you handled an uncomfortable conversation with a customer.   Answer Question