Giant Eagle Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

2.0

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I attended an open interview event. I was asked to sign in, then the recruiter walked me to her office where she asked me standard pre-employment questions like, "What is your availability?", "What position interests you?", "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?", "Do you consent to a background check and drug testing?".

Afterwards she left to get the supervisor for the overnight stock team and she asked me about 6 situational questions ("Tell me about a time when..."). They were incredibly easy. We talked about the position, hours I would be available and starting pay. Overall it was a good experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a conflict between you and a coworker?

How would your past employers describe your personality?

Can you tell me about a time when you provided great customer service?   Answer Question

Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacklick, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Blacklick, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call setting up an interview literally 1 hour later. Interview was easy, basic questions about availability and your past experience with customer service. Person interviewing me made it sound like they didn't need me but that they will give me a chance. Clearly needed me when they called me so soon after applying.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Dublin, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxing and laid back. We just had a chat and just general discussion. She was very nice and later I meet the Hiring Manager. Overall very positive experience.

Wine Beer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, detailing the job description. I was asked about my knowledge of wine and beer.The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Friendly interviewer. I am not sure who would actually want a job that paid so little. I was very surprised by the pay.

Interview Questions

• Am I knowledgeable about beer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a set salary, and very low. You would get paid better at McDonalds.

Front End Cleark Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewis Center, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Lewis Center, OH).

Interview

Fairly easy interview, mostly made sure I was driven enough to complete my work if left alone and that I was capable of doing the work, making some decisions alone and comfortable to ask questions when needed

Interview Questions

• Share one experience where you did the wrong thing. How did you react, and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Service Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Grove City, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview for the service desk clerk position was quick and very easy going. It was taken place in the small cafe area near the hot foods/deli department, After the interview you are introduced to the store director.

Night Time Stock Clerk (Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickerington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pickerington, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called early the next morning. The interviewer only asked a few questions and told me the base pay was $8.50 but she said their would be an increase of a few cents because of the shift. She ended the call without telling me whether or not there would be another interview or if there was a next step toward employment. I found out later that day through an e-mail that I did not receive the position. This was unfortunate because I was unable to receive any feed back as to how I could improve upon my chances of gaining future employment. I would rather have been told over the phone or had an in person interview than to just be sent a blanket statement that I was not hired. However, the interview was simple and didn't take long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Giant Eagle?   1 Answer

Seafood Manager At Market Dist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Dublin, OH).

Interview

i applied online. Filled out an assessment online. Did an over the phone interview. Lastly I had an interview with the store manager. After a few weeks I was notified by phone their decision.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to compete w other high end grocery stores   1 Answer

Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

1) Phone Interview with general questions
    2) One on one interview with the pharmacy manager with some of the same questions

Honestly, these interviews felt like a waste of my time. I was expecting them to be pharmacy based but they were super generalized. The questions were easy to answer since they are the typical retail/service industry questions.

Iwas not offered a job because I did not have an open enough availability during the school year. The recruiter from the initial phone interview told me there was a 12 hour a month minimum (which I could definitely manage) but then the pharmacy manager told me he was looking for someone to work 4 days a week year round (which is next-to-impossible during the school year for me).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where the exceeded your own expectations.
      Describe a time where you had to deliver bad news.
      Describe a time where you were able to come up with a creative solution to something.
      Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer (person)
      etc, etc   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied online and got a phone call about two and a half weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was very straight forward and only took about twenty minutes. About five days later I got a call with a job offer. The entire process took about a month between the time I applied to the time I started training.