Giant Eagle Front End Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Giant Eagle Front End Cashier Interview Questions

2.0

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from them the next day to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for later that week. It was a fairly relaxed interview and I was offered the job at the end. I had to wait for them to run a background check before I could start orientation. At orientation I had to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child was hanging off the side of a cart and the parent isn't paying attention?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Eagle

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy. They asked the typical interview questions. I went in and interviewed, and then about a week and a half to two weeks later I was hired. Very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you had to deal with an upset customer, and how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McMurray, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (McMurray, PA).

Interview

Interview was a little nerve wracking. They ask very un realistic questions, but at the same time they do want to make sure everyone they hire is friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as "Name a time when..."
      "What would you do if..."
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Johnstown, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this position, they called me and phone screened me, then scheduled an interview. I went to the interview and I was asked several "What would you do if you were in this situation..." type questions. We talked about my strengths, weaknesses. She asked me why would we want to hire you etc. It was a very uncomfortable interview, but I got conditionally hired on the spot (pending a drug screening). Then there was Orientation, where I was drug tested and then went to a room where we watched informational/educational movies about the job and the expectations. We got booklets that explained just about everything about the job and the company itself.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were about to take one of your breaks and a customer wants you to cash them out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Parma, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Parma, OH).

Interview

There was a one to one interview to review skills and abilities. They wanted to know what work experiences and or background I had would help me to be a successful employee.

Negotiation

none, Pay is negotiated through a union.

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Amherst, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Took about 2-3 weeks to hear from them. Did an in-person interview. The manager interviewing me was very nice, and understood my concerns. I heard back about a week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer breaking our safety rules?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

This was a very simple and easy interview process. There was few questions and it was more so conversational. I recommend going through this interview process for a first part-time job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Called me, I came into the store. The regular manager wasn't there so the AM interviewed me. She asked me about my transportation and stuff, asked me to play out some scenarios (which were out of this world) and then gave me the job. They didn't have any of my papers (I guess they lost those) and they were just disheveled the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?
      What would you do it you had customers but wanted to take a break because you didn't eat breakfast?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I've had 2 interviews one a while back that was a group and another recently which was one on one anyway I had this one on one interview in Sept. I did it and it went well I was even interviewed by the manager of that whole store and he said I was the perfect candidate so at the end of it he told me I would get a call within this next week but if we don't call then call us back in a week. I went home enjoyed myself since I did great in my opinion anyway the next day I was checking my email and they sent one saying I did not go to my interview so I called right away and ended up get the guy who interview me and he said that he would make sure that was fixed so after that phone call I waited a week later and called back I got some woman who did not inform me at all of who she was and basically she told me to look at my email and check it because apparently that is how they hire people in the company anyway I had a great interview but I had a crappy time getting the job which I did not get at all.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were stuck in a situation you didn't know how to work it out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

The manager just told me the correct answers for the questions. But in order to get the interview I applied online. After quite some time of waiting I ended up having to call HR just to get them to look over my online application. This truly represents the type of company that Giant Eagle is. There is no incentive to work hard and you are treated like a machine rather than a person. Comparing it to a communistic government without a form of capitalism would be extreme but there definitely is no incentive for hard work.

Interview Questions

• If a customer in a rush asked you to cut in front of a line, would you allow them to cut the other customers? What would you tell that customer?   1 Answer