Giant Eagle Grocery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Giant Eagle Grocery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

2.2

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I had a brief phone screening followed by a short in person interview not long after. The whole process took about a week to complete. Interview was pretty straightforward. The interviewer went over my previous job experience and asked a few name a time you did this type questions. Then a few scenario questions followed that.

Interview Questions

• Name a disagreement you have had with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Eagle

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by a HR representative. She asked basic questions concerning my past work experience. She knew I had no prior experience in this field, but this was not important. Attention to customer service was the key factor.
    I was asked about my time availability.

Interview Questions

• How would I respond to an irate customer who came to the store and demanded attention.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told the pay rate and when to report for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Store manager asked about my previous retail experience. He then explained what some of the job requirements were. They were honest about wanting quick clerks that could multitask and keep the shelves stocked in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Name a tough situation you have faced in the past and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in May 2011.

Interview

I'd originally been called for a different position in a different city. The HR supervisor out there had been so impressed by my interview she recommended me for a more local position. I got an interview the day after I applied for a few days later. I interviewed with the local HR, then went (right after) to an interview with the Front End supervisor. Was offered the position, took a quick drug test and training begins as soon as the background check clears.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if? (insert scenario involving a customer doing something the store doesn't like, you tell them it is against policy, they get angry and tell you to mind your own. what do you do)   1 Answer
    • Lots of "name a time when" (hard situation, plus at work, negative at work, etc...)   Answer Question