Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Twinsburg, OH).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter to set up a interview. I went to the interview and it was with another store's 'co manager'. She asked me a ton of your usual interview questions. Unfortunately it was more like a drill session rather then a interview. It didn't feel like a conversation and the woman doing my interview had terrible eye contact. The interview lasted an hour. She told me "she thinks that HR will be in contact with me in the next few days". After a week of not hearing something, I emailed the recruiter. She said they had a few more interviews and we would be in contact.That was 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online since I have a decade of retail/customer service experience. On the phone interview, the recruiter said that I would be overqualified for the job and that he will send me additional positions in my area. He did not follow up and dodged my calls/voice mails. I ended up taking an offer at a rival company because they gave me the respect I deserve.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions about what would I do in the case of this obscure situation that will most likely never happen .   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was then selected to move on and complete an online aptitude test. About a week after that I was given a phone interview with very basic questions

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Questions were easy. The position was not right for me. My only recommendation is that you may want to consider following up with candidates with some feedback and a verdict. No one ever did.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were around what I would do to fix specific problems that they had.   Answer Question

Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alliance, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Alliance, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview went fine, however the manager made sure to let me know about the high turnover rate for crew leaders, and about how they like to hire internally for leadership positions sure to that high turnover rate. The questions were basic, the café where they make you sit for the interview was atrocious, I felt bad for the only customer sitting there. The tables were filthy, and the floor needed swept badly.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you were confronted with an angry customer, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in April 2016.

Interview

At first I went in for an interview with HR as part of an open interview process. At that time I was offered a second interview. After that interview I was told they went with a candidate with more experience. But, they had the same position in a different store if I'd like to meet with that pharmacist.

Night Time Stock Clerk (Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickerington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pickerington, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called early the next morning. The interviewer only asked a few questions and told me the base pay was $8.50 but she said their would be an increase of a few cents because of the shift. She ended the call without telling me whether or not there would be another interview or if there was a next step toward employment. I found out later that day through an e-mail that I did not receive the position. This was unfortunate because I was unable to receive any feed back as to how I could improve upon my chances of gaining future employment. I would rather have been told over the phone or had an in person interview than to just be sent a blanket statement that I was not hired. However, the interview was simple and didn't take long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Giant Eagle?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that was scheduled through an email. There was no technical questions and only the standard interview, work ethic type questions. I was disappointed that I did not have a chance to talk about the work involved in the internship.

In order to prepare, just be ready to talk about any mistakes you've made and a lot of hypothetical questions. After hearing about how lackluster the program is, I wasn't very upset about not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• If your old employer could say one thing you could improve on the most what would it be?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. Interviewed with two people in the department. Very easy to converse with. About one week later, received call from recruiter that they wanted to proceed to the second step which was an online personality test and IQ test. I am not a fan of these tests. Not sure what the employer is looking for but to base an interview on an IQ test that you take at home on your computer is not a good way to test IQ. There is no guarantee that the prospective employee is the one actually taking the test. So, I took the test and did not hear anything back for over a week. I called the recruiter and left a message. She never returned my call. It is now 2 months later and I have not heard back from anyone. I never even received a letter in the mail. Nothing. I found out on Linkedin that the job went to an employee already working at Giant Eagle. Very poor recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Started off in a casual manner, discussing skills and experience. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Seafood Manager At Market Dist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Dublin, OH).

Interview

i applied online. Filled out an assessment online. Did an over the phone interview. Lastly I had an interview with the store manager. After a few weeks I was notified by phone their decision.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to compete w other high end grocery stores   1 Answer