Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Giant Eagle Interview Questions

2.8

Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alliance, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Alliance, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview went fine, however the manager made sure to let me know about the high turnover rate for crew leaders, and about how they like to hire internally for leadership positions sure to that high turnover rate. The questions were basic, the café where they make you sit for the interview was atrocious, I felt bad for the only customer sitting there. The tables were filthy, and the floor needed swept badly.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you were confronted with an angry customer, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in April 2016.

Interview

At first I went in for an interview with HR as part of an open interview process. At that time I was offered a second interview. After that interview I was told they went with a candidate with more experience. But, they had the same position in a different store if I'd like to meet with that pharmacist.

Night Time Stock Clerk (Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickerington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pickerington, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called early the next morning. The interviewer only asked a few questions and told me the base pay was $8.50 but she said their would be an increase of a few cents because of the shift. She ended the call without telling me whether or not there would be another interview or if there was a next step toward employment. I found out later that day through an e-mail that I did not receive the position. This was unfortunate because I was unable to receive any feed back as to how I could improve upon my chances of gaining future employment. I would rather have been told over the phone or had an in person interview than to just be sent a blanket statement that I was not hired. However, the interview was simple and didn't take long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Giant Eagle?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that was scheduled through an email. There was no technical questions and only the standard interview, work ethic type questions. I was disappointed that I did not have a chance to talk about the work involved in the internship.

In order to prepare, just be ready to talk about any mistakes you've made and a lot of hypothetical questions. After hearing about how lackluster the program is, I wasn't very upset about not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• If your old employer could say one thing you could improve on the most what would it be?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. Interviewed with two people in the department. Very easy to converse with. About one week later, received call from recruiter that they wanted to proceed to the second step which was an online personality test and IQ test. I am not a fan of these tests. Not sure what the employer is looking for but to base an interview on an IQ test that you take at home on your computer is not a good way to test IQ. There is no guarantee that the prospective employee is the one actually taking the test. So, I took the test and did not hear anything back for over a week. I called the recruiter and left a message. She never returned my call. It is now 2 months later and I have not heard back from anyone. I never even received a letter in the mail. Nothing. I found out on Linkedin that the job went to an employee already working at Giant Eagle. Very poor recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Started off in a casual manner, discussing skills and experience. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Seafood Manager At Market Dist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Dublin, OH).

Interview

i applied online. Filled out an assessment online. Did an over the phone interview. Lastly I had an interview with the store manager. After a few weeks I was notified by phone their decision.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to compete w other high end grocery stores   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Phone screen, group interview with 8 other people with role playing and presentations, one on one interview with corporate HR where they ask you basic background questions and normal situational questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision and it ended up being the wrong one.   Answer Question

Registered Dietitian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Online application requires extensive personality assessment. Phone screening with HR to discuss resume and experiences. A few weeks later had a phone interview with hiring manager in nutrition department. Discussed experiences and qualifications for the position. Asked appropriate questions regarding the job details. Explained that the next step would be face to face interviews conducted in the next couple weeks. Did not get called back for the next round of interviews despite years of experience.

Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

1) Phone Interview with general questions
    2) One on one interview with the pharmacy manager with some of the same questions

Honestly, these interviews felt like a waste of my time. I was expecting them to be pharmacy based but they were super generalized. The questions were easy to answer since they are the typical retail/service industry questions.

Iwas not offered a job because I did not have an open enough availability during the school year. The recruiter from the initial phone interview told me there was a 12 hour a month minimum (which I could definitely manage) but then the pharmacy manager told me he was looking for someone to work 4 days a week year round (which is next-to-impossible during the school year for me).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where the exceeded your own expectations.
      Describe a time where you had to deliver bad news.
      Describe a time where you were able to come up with a creative solution to something.
      Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer (person)
      etc, etc
      1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen interview with the Talent Acquisition representative in HR followed by an onsite interview schedule consisting of a series of three one hour interviews.

Following that I had to complete a candidate assessment process consisting of a series of personality and aptitude assessment tests. I has allowed to take this from home via the internet and overall took 4+ hours. I found there to be a good bit of redundancy over the series of assessments. It was a turn off.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time where you had to resolve a major problem or conflict in a project and how you did this.   Answer Question