Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

266 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Twinsburg, OH).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter to set up a interview. I went to the interview and it was with another store's 'co manager'. She asked me a ton of your usual interview questions. Unfortunately it was more like a drill session rather then a interview. It didn't feel like a conversation and the woman doing my interview had terrible eye contact. The interview lasted an hour. She told me "she thinks that HR will be in contact with me in the next few days". After a week of not hearing something, I emailed the recruiter. She said they had a few more interviews and we would be in contact.That was 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I met with a store manager. It lasted about an hour. I took a tour of the facility. Met a couple of other managers. Learned about the daily routines an procedures.

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Somerset, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a long process. It took about a month from application to offer. The questions were fairly simple and the hiring manager was very easygoing and easy to talk to.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online since I have a decade of retail/customer service experience. On the phone interview, the recruiter said that I would be overqualified for the job and that he will send me additional positions in my area. He did not follow up and dodged my calls/voice mails. I ended up taking an offer at a rival company because they gave me the respect I deserve.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions about what would I do in the case of this obscure situation that will most likely never happen .   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ravenna, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Ravenna, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Took about three days from submitting an application to receiving an offer. Preliminary phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the department team leader. Process was short, sweet, and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• A coworker asks you to do a task for them that you really do not want to do. How do you respond?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was then selected to move on and complete an online aptitude test. About a week after that I was given a phone interview with very basic questions

Night Crew Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Shannon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Castle Shannon, PA).

Interview

Initial phone screening, then interview with a store leader and HR coordinator. The interview took about an hour, but the conversation afterwards lasted about another half hour. Always use a positive tone and appropriate verbiage. If you sound good and look good, you're in.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. I had an advantage because I work for the company already and knew what to expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was low, made a much higher counter offer and they accepted within 24 hours. Word to the wise: NEVER take what they offer you. The company is in a cost cutting phase and loves to underpay. They need you if you're competent.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview was settup and processed quickly, less than three days. I was told the responsibilities, starting wage, raise layout. I was asked how i would handle certain situations. After which i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about customer service?/What do you believe the best form of customer service is?   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

Interview

Laid back. The interview was very situational based with little room for adlib. Manager was very nice and had a lot of experience but was lied to often. Okay all in all

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Questions were easy. The position was not right for me. My only recommendation is that you may want to consider following up with candidates with some feedback and a verdict. No one ever did.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were around what I would do to fix specific problems that they had.   Answer Question