Giant Eagle Prepared Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, Allegheny, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Edgewood, Allegheny, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was held in the cafe area of which I would be working. The manager noticed me before I noticed him he welcomed me to the giant eagle and explains what he was hiring for and the the type of team member he was looking for to work in the Sub shop. The Friendly Manager described that the team he has are very friendly and wants to hire positive people. He gave me a chance to describe myself while over looking the information already given to him about myself

Interview Questions

• would I have any restrictions due to me not being able to show up for work   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't really any negotiation you get more for working weekends and you have the pleasure of meeting new people everyday

Prepared Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Ridgeville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (North Ridgeville, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

basic questions in the interview. past experience and a few questions what I would do with a irate customer. the hiring manager was very friendly and told me of her experiences and years in the store. she introduced me to the people in my department.

Interview Questions

• if you were going to break and saw a line at another area. what would you do if a customer ask you to help them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation in salary, accept what they offer or don't take the job.

Prepared Foods Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Painesville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Painesville, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went well though I drove 1hr and a half for the interview. The store manager in painsville was very Nice and kind. She said I had great potential to be in store manager giant eagle thinks otherwise. Oh well take my grocery business elsewhere!!

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on teamwork, delegating supervising and management. I answered all her questions even before she asked them!!   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Mentor, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

role playing, group interview with three mangers. Lasted about thirty minutes. All where hired on the spot. One question was "what would you do if you won the lottery" Really?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not know information about a product.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had a 10 minute screening telephone interview, several days later, the company had a group interview with between 10 to 15 interviewees. The interview was very comfortable, low stress, and interesting but lasted two hours. Successful candidates were offered jobs on the spot. We were assigned partners and had specific tasks to complete in a limited amount of time.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Sales Associate- Prepared Food Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

Called you, setup a date, you come in, ask you general questions from what you know of the position to why you want to work there, etc

Prepared Foods Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Lengthy and in many parts. Online evaluation, phone interview and finally an in person interview. Once online evaluation was completed it took a few weeks to line up the phone interview. Once the phone interview was complete it took a couple more weeks to line up the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience and amount of people you had working for you.   Answer Question

Hot Foods Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

initial interview with recruiter on the phone and in person. then another interview with manager. the interview process was pretty standard but the notification process for interviews is still automated