Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.1

Kithen Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in person interview, then giving the results by phone less than 1-2 days later. The questions were about food service experience, how you handle situational questions, and to tell them about yourself.

Produce Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Carmel, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

It is a group interview. to see if you can sell to customers. You have to introduce someone else, and explain why Giant Eagle should hire them. You have to do a creative activity to show what your version of customer hospitality is. You have to pick a product and sell it to a customer by pushing its features. You have to respond to hypothetical upset customer situations. Then, you as a group take inventory three times of a bag with candy in it, in a timed event.

Your goal is to show leadership, team work, selling skills, and the ability to make the customer happy.

Interview Questions

• They give you customer complaint scenarios to see how you would handle a customer complaint.   1 Answer

Kitchen Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Morgantown, WV) in February 2015.

Interview

Very through and challenging. There was a brief overview of the position. Asked well thought questions. It was challenging and asked me to answer questions in depth with examples and reasons why I made decisions I had made in the past. Questions centered around how I would be a benefit to the store and why I deserved the position over others. Question ranged from questions about my experience, to questions about my personality. I was also asked to describe how I professional faced challenges and what motivations I had for future development.

Interview Questions

• What benefits can you bring to help store productivity?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly long & detailed interview. lasted for more than an hour. Extremely detailed considering the role offered. 5 people taking the interview for a BA Role. Functional and technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• 1. Experience
      2. Technologies worked
      3. level of understanding of retail business
      Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in McMurray, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (McMurray, PA).

Interview

Interview was a little nerve wracking. They ask very un realistic questions, but at the same time they do want to make sure everyone they hire is friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as "Name a time when..."
      "What would you do if..."
      Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen interview with the Talent Acquisition representative in HR followed by an onsite interview schedule consisting of a series of three one hour interviews.

Following that I had to complete a candidate assessment process consisting of a series of personality and aptitude assessment tests. I has allowed to take this from home via the internet and overall took 4+ hours. I found there to be a good bit of redundancy over the series of assessments. It was a turn off.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time where you had to resolve a major problem or conflict in a project and how you did this.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I first met with recruiters at a job fair, and was invited to complete an interview later in the day. The interview was informal and short, and based on behavioral questions. The recruiter told me to apply for the position online and that I would hear back in a timely manner when they made a decision. They did not conduct further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you experienced dishonesty in the workplace.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Interview process was mediocre, but follow up was poor. No contact information was given at interview, and no follow up for over 5 months. Interview had a scheduled time and ran hours behind. Process seemed disorganized, but was with appropriate staff and some employees were consistent with their part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Providing detailed information regarding company information.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

The first round included references, resumes and personal statements.
    Then selected applicants took an extensive online test that combined elements measuring personality and skills.
    Applicants who did well on the test were then given phone interviews by HR.
    The final ten applicants were brought in for interviews with a store manager and a flagship store manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you and your crew failed to get all your work done.   1 Answer

Intern Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online, was asked for a 45 minute phone interview, was then asked to perform a personality/compatibility test, was then called into the headquarters for two back to back 45 minute in-person interviews with a dept. head and a direct manager for the position.