Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.1

Graphic Designer/Illustrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was about what one would expect for a graphic designer. Basic questions regarding programs and skills. I was asked to sketch a still life of fruit as the job was mostly for an illustrator.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a .jpg is?, Can you sketch this still life   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ravenna, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Ravenna, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Took about three days from submitting an application to receiving an offer. Preliminary phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the department team leader. Process was short, sweet, and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• A coworker asks you to do a task for them that you really do not want to do. How do you respond?   1 Answer

Service Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wexford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Wexford, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online before coming to the store. Walked in during open interviews. Spoke with a recruiter (pre-screening, availability questions). Then had a 30-minute interview/discussion with an HR manager. HR manager set up a final interview with a team leader (my current boss) the same day. Final interview questions were easy. From walking into the store to leaving with the job took about 3 hours total.

Interview Questions

• The most involved question was about prioritizing and multitasking. "A demo chef is conducting a demonstration in the store but he is late. The guests that have gathered are hungry. The demonstration room is crowded and there aren't enough seats available for everyone. You have a customer in your face asking you about a product that you're not sure about. You also missed breakfast and are very hungry. How do you handle the situation?"   1 Answer

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was quick, they asked questions regarding my background and how would I handled certain situations regarding dealing with irate customers. They did a couple of mock situations on if a customers did this what would you do.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Questions were easy. The position was not right for me. My only recommendation is that you may want to consider following up with candidates with some feedback and a verdict. No one ever did.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were around what I would do to fix specific problems that they had.   Answer Question

Manager Customer Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had several phone interviews, met with 5 people who I would work for and with internally. Process took about a month. The process was very enjoyable and the salary was very fair.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertained primarily to explaining my past experience. They did ask me how I did getting groups of people who don't report to me to work together.   Answer Question

Night Crew Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Shannon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Castle Shannon, PA).

Interview

Initial phone screening, then interview with a store leader and HR coordinator. The interview took about an hour, but the conversation afterwards lasted about another half hour. Always use a positive tone and appropriate verbiage. If you sound good and look good, you're in.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. I had an advantage because I work for the company already and knew what to expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was low, made a much higher counter offer and they accepted within 24 hours. Word to the wise: NEVER take what they offer you. The company is in a cost cutting phase and loves to underpay. They need you if you're competent.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with multiple leaders regarding the position. They expounded upon their specific areas and how they thought this role would touch their space. They also overviewed the corporate culture and history of the company. They painted a different picture during the interview process than what was the actual company culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can help the company grow and change to be more dynamic in this space?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (New Albany, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process for this position was very easy and straight forward. I was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring front end manager. We went to his office and went over the requirements for the job. I had a job offer after the first meeting.

Interview Questions

• How open are you to being cross trained and utilized in other departments?   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

Interview

Laid back. The interview was very situational based with little room for adlib. Manager was very nice and had a lot of experience but was lied to often. Okay all in all