Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.1

Service Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wexford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Wexford, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online before coming to the store. Walked in during open interviews. Spoke with a recruiter (pre-screening, availability questions). Then had a 30-minute interview/discussion with an HR manager. HR manager set up a final interview with a team leader (my current boss) the same day. Final interview questions were easy. From walking into the store to leaving with the job took about 3 hours total.

Interview Questions

• The most involved question was about prioritizing and multitasking. "A demo chef is conducting a demonstration in the store but he is late. The guests that have gathered are hungry. The demonstration room is crowded and there aren't enough seats available for everyone. You have a customer in your face asking you about a product that you're not sure about. You also missed breakfast and are very hungry. How do you handle the situation?"   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I had a brief phone screening followed by a short in person interview not long after. The whole process took about a week to complete. Interview was pretty straightforward. The interviewer went over my previous job experience and asked a few name a time you did this type questions. Then a few scenario questions followed that.

Interview Questions

• Name a disagreement you have had with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Cash Office Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Very Easy! There are a bunch of stupid people that work here. The higher ups are all related and don't have any clue as what there job is. They are all very stupid and get easily intimidated.

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Warren, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was normal met with a manager asked a few simple questions. Built a good rapport with him and was hired on the spot. Overall an easy interview. Very simple would do again in a heartbeat never had such an easy time getting a job

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I wss brought in during the interview process three times. The second time was for the purpose of testing. Third tinge to be interviewed by my direct supervisor. The entire process was perfect for both parties.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarentum, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Tarentum, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager took me to a hack too and described all of the things I would be doing. And told me a bit about the history of the establishment. She had asked me about my previous jobs as well and what would be the best position for myself

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how my previous jobs would help me for the position I was applying for   Answer Question

Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It was simple. A phone interview, then interview with the manager. The process took forever though which was exhausting. But it seemed like a good company to work for. I believed in their values. My manager was extremely nice during the whole process even helping me provoke some thought into my answers.

Interview Questions

• What is shrink and how would you reduce it?
      Describe a problem in the workplace and what you did to resolve it?
      Describe and unsafe action and what happened?
      Do you get along with co workers?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from them the next day to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for later that week. It was a fairly relaxed interview and I was offered the job at the end. I had to wait for them to run a background check before I could start orientation. At orientation I had to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child was hanging off the side of a cart and the parent isn't paying attention?   Answer Question

Confidential Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The process began it a phone screening interview. Once you spoke with her, your information was password to a recruiter. Another phone interview was done then asked to attend a group interview. Once you pass the group, you have a one on 4 interview with HR and Store Managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and your experience and why you are looking for new employment   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Had me wait a little while called me to the office had a seat started to talk about our family's...:)then she started to ask all the ???it was not hard at all I didn't feel stressed we laughed most of the interview..at the end she said looking forward to working with you and your background check should be done on Tuesday after that we will proceed with the drug test i said thank you and got out of there :)

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you as a cashier for giant eagle   2 Answers