Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.1

Front End Cleark Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewis Center, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Lewis Center, OH).

Interview

Fairly easy interview, mostly made sure I was driven enough to complete my work if left alone and that I was capable of doing the work, making some decisions alone and comfortable to ask questions when needed

Interview Questions

• Share one experience where you did the wrong thing. How did you react, and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Parma, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Parma, OH).

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview then an interview with the HR department and then a third interview with the Pharmacy Leader, the questions were more customer service based then pharmacy based ... Its a generic question form they use

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in April 2016.

Interview

At first I went in for an interview with HR as part of an open interview process. At that time I was offered a second interview. After that interview I was told they went with a candidate with more experience. But, they had the same position in a different store if I'd like to meet with that pharmacist.

Overnight Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Uniontown, OH).

Interview

One phone interview, two in-person interviews (both the same day, at the same store). First in-store interview was with an HR rep., second was with a manager. Combined, both interviews took about 30 to 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basis questions. What would you do if a customer asked you for help, while you are on a break? Describe your personality. Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, Allegheny, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Edgewood, Allegheny, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was held in the cafe area of which I would be working. The manager noticed me before I noticed him he welcomed me to the giant eagle and explains what he was hiring for and the the type of team member he was looking for to work in the Sub shop. The Friendly Manager described that the team he has are very friendly and wants to hire positive people. He gave me a chance to describe myself while over looking the information already given to him about myself

Interview Questions

• would I have any restrictions due to me not being able to show up for work   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't really any negotiation you get more for working weekends and you have the pleasure of meeting new people everyday

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Giant Eagle recruiter, and a second private interview with the head pharmacist in my store. Both were very nice and laid back interviews. The head pharmacist and I got off track a few times.

Interview Questions

• One question was "what was one thing you did not like about working at (previous job)"   1 Answer
    • Second question was "How did you handle the bad parts of your job?"   1 Answer
    • Third question " how do you handle stress"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only hours needed to be negotiated. It was very easy. Just be willing to work with them about it. Don't be a jerk.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

They went through my school-it was very standardized. I submitted a resume, transcript, and cover letter, and then they selected me for the interview. I interviewed with the head of the department and a representative from HR. They called me back two days later to set up a callback, and then I met with a super high up executive.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, it was one informational phone interview, another soft phone interview, then 2 interviews with managers. Not a bad process, everyone was pretty friendly and didn't ask anything too tough.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Hartville, OH).

Interview

Hiring process went fairly quickly between initial application and being hired. Interview was personable in a quiet office, typical questions were asked. (such as naming a weakness, naming a time I overcame a stressful situation, what to do if a customer were being rude to me, etc...). After the whole interview process I was asked if I'd like to come back in the next day to preform a (saliva) drug test and if I were to do well on the test, I would get hired. I passed and was hired. I started roughly 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you not like about your current job?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

This interview process was overall successful. Giant Eagle is a family owned company that really demonstrates the importance to invest in the production of its employees. No Major Knowledge of the specific market is required.