Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.1

Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It was simple. A phone interview, then interview with the manager. The process took forever though which was exhausting. But it seemed like a good company to work for. I believed in their values. My manager was extremely nice during the whole process even helping me provoke some thought into my answers.

Interview Questions

• What is shrink and how would you reduce it?
      Describe a problem in the workplace and what you did to resolve it?
      Describe and unsafe action and what happened?
      Do you get along with co workers?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from them the next day to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for later that week. It was a fairly relaxed interview and I was offered the job at the end. I had to wait for them to run a background check before I could start orientation. At orientation I had to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child was hanging off the side of a cart and the parent isn't paying attention?   Answer Question

Confidential Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The process began it a phone screening interview. Once you spoke with her, your information was password to a recruiter. Another phone interview was done then asked to attend a group interview. Once you pass the group, you have a one on 4 interview with HR and Store Managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and your experience and why you are looking for new employment   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Had me wait a little while called me to the office had a seat started to talk about our family's...:)then she started to ask all the ???it was not hard at all I didn't feel stressed we laughed most of the interview..at the end she said looking forward to working with you and your background check should be done on Tuesday after that we will proceed with the drug test i said thank you and got out of there :)

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you as a cashier for giant eagle   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Asked me a few questions about my previous work experience and some work situation questions. Then you take the drug test. Then your done. They tell you they'll call with information about the orientation.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience/work situation questions. Explain policies.   1 Answer

Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacklick, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Blacklick, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call setting up an interview literally 1 hour later. Interview was easy, basic questions about availability and your past experience with customer service. Person interviewing me made it sound like they didn't need me but that they will give me a chance. Clearly needed me when they called me so soon after applying.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Dublin, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxing and laid back. We just had a chat and just general discussion. She was very nice and later I meet the Hiring Manager. Overall very positive experience.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Phone interview was 1st with the hr rep. Then I was called in for an interview with the team leader. I was asked pretty standard questions such as past work history and my availability. I was offered the job on the spot. Took my drug test that day and started within 10 days

Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alliance, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Alliance, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview went fine, however the manager made sure to let me know about the high turnover rate for crew leaders, and about how they like to hire internally for leadership positions sure to that high turnover rate. The questions were basic, the café where they make you sit for the interview was atrocious, I felt bad for the only customer sitting there. The tables were filthy, and the floor needed swept badly.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you were confronted with an angry customer, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Wine Beer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, detailing the job description. I was asked about my knowledge of wine and beer.The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Friendly interviewer. I am not sure who would actually want a job that paid so little. I was very surprised by the pay.

Interview Questions

• Am I knowledgeable about beer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a set salary, and very low. You would get paid better at McDonalds.