Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.1

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Hartville, OH).

Interview

Hiring process went fairly quickly between initial application and being hired. Interview was personable in a quiet office, typical questions were asked. (such as naming a weakness, naming a time I overcame a stressful situation, what to do if a customer were being rude to me, etc...). After the whole interview process I was asked if I'd like to come back in the next day to preform a (saliva) drug test and if I were to do well on the test, I would get hired. I passed and was hired. I started roughly 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you not like about your current job?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

This interview process was overall successful. Giant Eagle is a family owned company that really demonstrates the importance to invest in the production of its employees. No Major Knowledge of the specific market is required.

Night Time Stock Clerk (Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickerington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pickerington, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called early the next morning. The interviewer only asked a few questions and told me the base pay was $8.50 but she said their would be an increase of a few cents because of the shift. She ended the call without telling me whether or not there would be another interview or if there was a next step toward employment. I found out later that day through an e-mail that I did not receive the position. This was unfortunate because I was unable to receive any feed back as to how I could improve upon my chances of gaining future employment. I would rather have been told over the phone or had an in person interview than to just be sent a blanket statement that I was not hired. However, the interview was simple and didn't take long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Giant Eagle?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in December 2015.

Interview

Simple questions nothing difficult. They told me what the job consist of and how many hours I will work Manger was nice and I finally came in for orientation

Interview Questions

• If a customer needed you to help them something and you were going on your break ?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leechburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Leechburg, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Went there an met him at the pharmacy and we went upstairs. He asked me a bunch of questions about me and my knowledge. My availability and experience. A bunch of what would you do questions and some other simple things..it was real laid back an non stress-full

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were going on break and a customer asked you for help.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that was scheduled through an email. There was no technical questions and only the standard interview, work ethic type questions. I was disappointed that I did not have a chance to talk about the work involved in the internship.

In order to prepare, just be ready to talk about any mistakes you've made and a lot of hypothetical questions. After hearing about how lackluster the program is, I wasn't very upset about not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• If your old employer could say one thing you could improve on the most what would it be?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

pretty standard interview process they hired me after one phone which lasted around 30 minutes long and one in person interview that took place at their corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh that lasted around 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• they asked a lot about my personality, and a lot less about what I actually knew in my career field   Answer Question

Meat Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Interview

Simple interview, Super nice hiring manager, overall easy and fun experience. Since this is an easy position the interview itself did not last very long, it was so easy and it was the type of interview that made you feel like you had the job before you actually had it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Very easy, one of the easiest interviews I ever had. Lady just asks you a few questions about yourself and when you would able to work. If the interview goes well, you basically will know if you got the job as soon as you walk out of the room.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the most qualified candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I was called for an interview after submitting an application online. I arrived at the store and met with the store manager who asked me some questions regarding how I worked with others and some math questions. She then said okay, lets go meet the pharmacy manager. So I was sent to the pharmacy where the pharmacist spoke to me and asked me some more customer service questions. I was offered the job then.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question