Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.2

Go Getter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Macedonia, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was short and very friendly. I enjoyed the hiring managers personality. The interview lasted for about 10 minutes before they gave me an offer. Although it was a hiring event, it happened all in one day.

Interview Questions

• What was a scenario where you had trouble but overcame it?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly long & detailed interview. lasted for more than an hour. Extremely detailed considering the role offered. 5 people taking the interview for a BA Role. Functional and technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• 1. Experience
      2. Technologies worked
      3. level of understanding of retail business
      Answer Question

Produce Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Carmel, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

It is a group interview. to see if you can sell to customers. You have to introduce someone else, and explain why Giant Eagle should hire them. You have to do a creative activity to show what your version of customer hospitality is. You have to pick a product and sell it to a customer by pushing its features. You have to respond to hypothetical upset customer situations. Then, you as a group take inventory three times of a bag with candy in it, in a timed event.

Your goal is to show leadership, team work, selling skills, and the ability to make the customer happy.

Interview Questions

• They give you customer complaint scenarios to see how you would handle a customer complaint.   1 Answer

Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Avon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Avon, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

A phone call to weed out idiots and/or spam. This is followed by setting up an appointment for an actual interview with the store manager. The actual interview itself will depend on who you are interviewing with. I left the interview assuming i must have been the most hated candidate for the position. Given the lack of interest, the briefness and overall dismissive nature of my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Three open ended scenario questions which ultimately asks how you would handle the scenario in question.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Frederick, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

They called me over the phone and asked me situational questions then called me to setup a face to face interview that was mostly about when i was available to work and some more situational questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do if...   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I was an extern while working there initially. Luckily my willing to learn caught the attention of the manager and the pharmacist. They asked me if I want a permanent position, and never really gave me a formal interveiw. I just filled out an app and started on the payroll a month later.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in McMurray, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (McMurray, PA).

Interview

Interview was a little nerve wracking. They ask very un realistic questions, but at the same time they do want to make sure everyone they hire is friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as "Name a time when..."
      "What would you do if..."
      Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I first had to answer a bunch of questions online then got the phone call and was asked a few simple questions over the phone. After that I was sent in for an interview then a second interview and got offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Applied online and was called in during on of their open interviews. I was interviewed by one of their executive chefs and he wa nice. Was informed of the role and the Tasks involved. Did a drug test and that was it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Phone screen, group interview with 8 other people with role playing and presentations, one on one interview with corporate HR where they ask you basic background questions and normal situational questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision and it ended up being the wrong one.   Answer Question