Giant Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.1

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that was scheduled through an email. There was no technical questions and only the standard interview, work ethic type questions. I was disappointed that I did not have a chance to talk about the work involved in the internship.

In order to prepare, just be ready to talk about any mistakes you've made and a lot of hypothetical questions. After hearing about how lackluster the program is, I wasn't very upset about not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• If your old employer could say one thing you could improve on the most what would it be?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

pretty standard interview process they hired me after one phone which lasted around 30 minutes long and one in person interview that took place at their corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh that lasted around 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• they asked a lot about my personality, and a lot less about what I actually knew in my career field   Answer Question

Meat Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Interview

Simple interview, Super nice hiring manager, overall easy and fun experience. Since this is an easy position the interview itself did not last very long, it was so easy and it was the type of interview that made you feel like you had the job before you actually had it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Very easy, one of the easiest interviews I ever had. Lady just asks you a few questions about yourself and when you would able to work. If the interview goes well, you basically will know if you got the job as soon as you walk out of the room.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the most qualified candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I was called for an interview after submitting an application online. I arrived at the store and met with the store manager who asked me some questions regarding how I worked with others and some math questions. She then said okay, lets go meet the pharmacy manager. So I was sent to the pharmacy where the pharmacist spoke to me and asked me some more customer service questions. I was offered the job then.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Ridgeville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (North Ridgeville, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

basic questions in the interview. past experience and a few questions what I would do with a irate customer. the hiring manager was very friendly and told me of her experiences and years in the store. she introduced me to the people in my department.

Interview Questions

• if you were going to break and saw a line at another area. what would you do if a customer ask you to help them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation in salary, accept what they offer or don't take the job.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. Interviewed with two people in the department. Very easy to converse with. About one week later, received call from recruiter that they wanted to proceed to the second step which was an online personality test and IQ test. I am not a fan of these tests. Not sure what the employer is looking for but to base an interview on an IQ test that you take at home on your computer is not a good way to test IQ. There is no guarantee that the prospective employee is the one actually taking the test. So, I took the test and did not hear anything back for over a week. I called the recruiter and left a message. She never returned my call. It is now 2 months later and I have not heard back from anyone. I never even received a letter in the mail. Nothing. I found out on Linkedin that the job went to an employee already working at Giant Eagle. Very poor recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Started off in a casual manner, discussing skills and experience. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Very laid back interview. Great position if you're looking for your first job. Very flexible around your schedule. Be prepared to work some weekends though. Must be hard working and self motivated and must be able to work with the public as you get many different people in the store.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to provide excellent customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

They asked a series of what would you do in this situation questions that pertains to customer service. Very basic things that anyone who knows anything about customer service can answer very easily.

Interview Questions

• I can not remember any specific questions as they were a little lengthy since they were scenario questions.   1 Answer

Seafood Manager At Market Dist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Dublin, OH).

Interview

i applied online. Filled out an assessment online. Did an over the phone interview. Lastly I had an interview with the store manager. After a few weeks I was notified by phone their decision.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to compete w other high end grocery stores   1 Answer