Giant Eagle Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.1

Night Crew Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Shannon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Castle Shannon, PA).

Interview

Initial phone screening, then interview with a store leader and HR coordinator. The interview took about an hour, but the conversation afterwards lasted about another half hour. Always use a positive tone and appropriate verbiage. If you sound good and look good, you're in.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. I had an advantage because I work for the company already and knew what to expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was low, made a much higher counter offer and they accepted within 24 hours. Word to the wise: NEVER take what they offer you. The company is in a cost cutting phase and loves to underpay. They need you if you're competent.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Questions were easy. The position was not right for me. My only recommendation is that you may want to consider following up with candidates with some feedback and a verdict. No one ever did.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were around what I would do to fix specific problems that they had.   Answer Question

Service Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wexford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Wexford, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online before coming to the store. Walked in during open interviews. Spoke with a recruiter (pre-screening, availability questions). Then had a 30-minute interview/discussion with an HR manager. HR manager set up a final interview with a team leader (my current boss) the same day. Final interview questions were easy. From walking into the store to leaving with the job took about 3 hours total.

Interview Questions

• The most involved question was about prioritizing and multitasking. "A demo chef is conducting a demonstration in the store but he is late. The guests that have gathered are hungry. The demonstration room is crowded and there aren't enough seats available for everyone. You have a customer in your face asking you about a product that you're not sure about. You also missed breakfast and are very hungry. How do you handle the situation?"   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarentum, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Tarentum, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager took me to a hack too and described all of the things I would be doing. And told me a bit about the history of the establishment. She had asked me about my previous jobs as well and what would be the best position for myself

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how my previous jobs would help me for the position I was applying for   Answer Question

Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It was simple. A phone interview, then interview with the manager. The process took forever though which was exhausting. But it seemed like a good company to work for. I believed in their values. My manager was extremely nice during the whole process even helping me provoke some thought into my answers.

Interview Questions

• What is shrink and how would you reduce it?
      Describe a problem in the workplace and what you did to resolve it?
      Describe and unsafe action and what happened?
      Do you get along with co workers?
      Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Asked questions during one of their "hiring events". They send you something via email and you fill out the papers online before you go to the event. Then you go, talk to one of the interviewers and they do or do not offer you a job right then and there. Then you get a start date and the first day, you spend in front of a lap top taking the training.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Giant Eagle recruiter, and a second private interview with the head pharmacist in my store. Both were very nice and laid back interviews. The head pharmacist and I got off track a few times.

Interview Questions

• One question was "what was one thing you did not like about working at (previous job)"   1 Answer
    • Second question was "How did you handle the bad parts of your job?"   1 Answer
    • Third question " how do you handle stress"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only hours needed to be negotiated. It was very easy. Just be willing to work with them about it. Don't be a jerk.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

They went through my school-it was very standardized. I submitted a resume, transcript, and cover letter, and then they selected me for the interview. I interviewed with the head of the department and a representative from HR. They called me back two days later to set up a callback, and then I met with a super high up executive.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leechburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Leechburg, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Went there an met him at the pharmacy and we went upstairs. He asked me a bunch of questions about me and my knowledge. My availability and experience. A bunch of what would you do questions and some other simple things..it was real laid back an non stress-full

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were going on break and a customer asked you for help.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that was scheduled through an email. There was no technical questions and only the standard interview, work ethic type questions. I was disappointed that I did not have a chance to talk about the work involved in the internship.

In order to prepare, just be ready to talk about any mistakes you've made and a lot of hypothetical questions. After hearing about how lackluster the program is, I wasn't very upset about not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• If your old employer could say one thing you could improve on the most what would it be?   Answer Question