Giant Eagle Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Questions were easy. The position was not right for me. My only recommendation is that you may want to consider following up with candidates with some feedback and a verdict. No one ever did.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were around what I would do to fix specific problems that they had.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that was scheduled through an email. There was no technical questions and only the standard interview, work ethic type questions. I was disappointed that I did not have a chance to talk about the work involved in the internship.

In order to prepare, just be ready to talk about any mistakes you've made and a lot of hypothetical questions. After hearing about how lackluster the program is, I wasn't very upset about not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• If your old employer could say one thing you could improve on the most what would it be?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. Interviewed with two people in the department. Very easy to converse with. About one week later, received call from recruiter that they wanted to proceed to the second step which was an online personality test and IQ test. I am not a fan of these tests. Not sure what the employer is looking for but to base an interview on an IQ test that you take at home on your computer is not a good way to test IQ. There is no guarantee that the prospective employee is the one actually taking the test. So, I took the test and did not hear anything back for over a week. I called the recruiter and left a message. She never returned my call. It is now 2 months later and I have not heard back from anyone. I never even received a letter in the mail. Nothing. I found out on Linkedin that the job went to an employee already working at Giant Eagle. Very poor recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Started off in a casual manner, discussing skills and experience. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen interview with the Talent Acquisition representative in HR followed by an onsite interview schedule consisting of a series of three one hour interviews.

Following that I had to complete a candidate assessment process consisting of a series of personality and aptitude assessment tests. I has allowed to take this from home via the internet and overall took 4+ hours. I found there to be a good bit of redundancy over the series of assessments. It was a turn off.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time where you had to resolve a major problem or conflict in a project and how you did this.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Received a phone call from an HR representative who asked a few questions. Seemed uninterested, as if going through the motions. I was then asked to sit down with the supervisor to discuss my background. He was much more engaged. The person they hired was from the outside, but was definitely better qualified.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you're uniquely suited for this position?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 2 on 1 interview with a hiring manager and a senior software engineer in the same group as the position. Very standard Information Technology job interview questions. The place was a little disorganized--we had the interview in the office of a manager who was out that day as the hiring manager could not (or did not) book a conference room in advance. Also the group seemed to have a lot of turnover from some of the comments the manager made. The manager even admitted the role I was applying for "wasn't the greatest job ever." That was a first for me on an interview! Afterwards I wrote a thank you note and was given feedback that I "interviewed well" and was "in the running," and then never received any more feedback. Not even a rejection letter. Poor form, Giant Eagle.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult problem you have had to solve   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked general questions regarding background and previous positions held. Over all, an easy interview with manager and 2nd in charge of store. Toured the building and met several of the individuals that were employed there.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

After a recruiter telephone interview as well as a hiring manager telephone interview for a position at their corporate office in mid-July, 2014, it took a month to get a face-to-face interview scheduled - two weeks from that! Then, it was cancelled and rescheduled; then, a call was received to reschedule the same cancelled interview. Then, I never received the email to confirm the last rescheduled interview as promised. It was a nightmare to contact someone by telephone today to cancel the interview (tomorrow) - I accepted another job offer as I could not wait any longer for Giant Eagle. Way too many red flags. And the person who took my call never even apologized on behalf of the company. if this is any indication of how they treat their employees ------

Intern Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online, was asked for a 45 minute phone interview, was then asked to perform a personality/compatibility test, was then called into the headquarters for two back to back 45 minute in-person interviews with a dept. head and a direct manager for the position.

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Great interview process with 3 people interviewing and asking you basic questions about yourself