Giant Eagle Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

2.1

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online since I have a decade of retail/customer service experience. On the phone interview, the recruiter said that I would be overqualified for the job and that he will send me additional positions in my area. He did not follow up and dodged my calls/voice mails. I ended up taking an offer at a rival company because they gave me the respect I deserve.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions about what would I do in the case of this obscure situation that will most likely never happen .   Answer Question

Night Crew Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Shannon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Castle Shannon, PA).

Interview

Initial phone screening, then interview with a store leader and HR coordinator. The interview took about an hour, but the conversation afterwards lasted about another half hour. Always use a positive tone and appropriate verbiage. If you sound good and look good, you're in.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. I had an advantage because I work for the company already and knew what to expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was low, made a much higher counter offer and they accepted within 24 hours. Word to the wise: NEVER take what they offer you. The company is in a cost cutting phase and loves to underpay. They need you if you're competent.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview was settup and processed quickly, less than three days. I was told the responsibilities, starting wage, raise layout. I was asked how i would handle certain situations. After which i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about customer service?/What do you believe the best form of customer service is?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Questions were easy. The position was not right for me. My only recommendation is that you may want to consider following up with candidates with some feedback and a verdict. No one ever did.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were around what I would do to fix specific problems that they had.   Answer Question

Service Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wexford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Wexford, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online before coming to the store. Walked in during open interviews. Spoke with a recruiter (pre-screening, availability questions). Then had a 30-minute interview/discussion with an HR manager. HR manager set up a final interview with a team leader (my current boss) the same day. Final interview questions were easy. From walking into the store to leaving with the job took about 3 hours total.

Interview Questions

• The most involved question was about prioritizing and multitasking. "A demo chef is conducting a demonstration in the store but he is late. The guests that have gathered are hungry. The demonstration room is crowded and there aren't enough seats available for everyone. You have a customer in your face asking you about a product that you're not sure about. You also missed breakfast and are very hungry. How do you handle the situation?"   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarentum, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Tarentum, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager took me to a hack too and described all of the things I would be doing. And told me a bit about the history of the establishment. She had asked me about my previous jobs as well and what would be the best position for myself

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how my previous jobs would help me for the position I was applying for   Answer Question

Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It was simple. A phone interview, then interview with the manager. The process took forever though which was exhausting. But it seemed like a good company to work for. I believed in their values. My manager was extremely nice during the whole process even helping me provoke some thought into my answers.

Interview Questions

• What is shrink and how would you reduce it?
      Describe a problem in the workplace and what you did to resolve it?
      Describe and unsafe action and what happened?
      Do you get along with co workers?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Asked questions during one of their "hiring events". They send you something via email and you fill out the papers online before you go to the event. Then you go, talk to one of the interviewers and they do or do not offer you a job right then and there. Then you get a start date and the first day, you spend in front of a lap top taking the training.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Giant Eagle recruiter, and a second private interview with the head pharmacist in my store. Both were very nice and laid back interviews. The head pharmacist and I got off track a few times.

Interview Questions

• One question was "what was one thing you did not like about working at (previous job)"   1 Answer
    • Second question was "How did you handle the bad parts of your job?"   1 Answer
    • Third question " how do you handle stress"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only hours needed to be negotiated. It was very easy. Just be willing to work with them about it. Don't be a jerk.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

disorganized and the interviewer was confused when I asked simple questions about the project that they were initiating---they have an ego and don't hire diversity candidates
    The director was probably related to someone in upper management.

Interview Questions

• Is this building to far from you, (they knew I live 15 min away)   Answer Question
    • can you manage more than 4 people   1 Answer