Giant Eagle Stock Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Giant Eagle Stock Clerk Interview Questions

1.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Dublin, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxing and laid back. We just had a chat and just general discussion. She was very nice and later I meet the Hiring Manager. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Eagle

Anonymous Employee in Hartville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Hartville, OH).

Interview

Hiring process went fairly quickly between initial application and being hired. Interview was personable in a quiet office, typical questions were asked. (such as naming a weakness, naming a time I overcame a stressful situation, what to do if a customer were being rude to me, etc...). After the whole interview process I was asked if I'd like to come back in the next day to preform a (saliva) drug test and if I were to do well on the test, I would get hired. I passed and was hired. I started roughly 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you not like about your current job?   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Very laid back interview. Great position if you're looking for your first job. Very flexible around your schedule. Be prepared to work some weekends though. Must be hard working and self motivated and must be able to work with the public as you get many different people in the store.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to provide excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. It was actually a very relaxed environment and not at all intimidating. However the interview took over two hours to complete. The group consists of other applicants, a recruiter, and two to three managers within the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked general questions regarding background and previous positions held. Over all, an easy interview with manager and 2nd in charge of store. Toured the building and met several of the individuals that were employed there.

Anonymous Employee in Slippery Rock, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Slippery Rock, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy interview, just want friendly hard working people. It's a smaller store and they do not get a lot of good workers so you just have to show you will treat costumer service in a high regard.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview the day I applied and proceeded to schedule an in-person interview the next day. It was a very simple interview, they asked me about my ability to balance work and school commitments, along with my personal life, and I'd shown the ability to have done so in high school.

Interview Questions

• They asked about company loyalty.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they offered a pay rate and I could either accept or decline. I chose to accept because I badly needed a part-time job at the time.

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in December 2011.

Interview

There were 3 total interviews: The first was a group interview with a large amount of people, the second was a smaller group interview with fewer people, and the last was a very small group of people that they would end up hiring.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Approximately one week later I was contacted by a hiring manager over the phone, who conducted a brief interview, notified me of the pay rate, average hours, working conditions, and arranged a time for an in-person interview a week later. The in-person interview consisted of two one-on-one interviews, one with the hiring manager, and one with the stocking manager. This was a very relaxed interview, and everyone was very nice. One week later I was offered employment over the phone, and accepted. One note, while it's standard practice to arrive 10-15 minutes early, I would suggest arriving earlier because you will have to check in at the customer service desk which is always very busy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in the past when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they pay a standard rate.

Anonymous Employee in Murrysville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Murrysville, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was called into the upstairs offices and was then told to watch a video about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't one