Giant Food Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Giant Food Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Food (Lusby, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a local hiring event near the Giant store in Lusby that was from 8am to 4pm. Ahead of me were a couple of applicants at the time, and I had to wait for an hour until I was called in. The interview process was about 15-20 minutes, which wasn't too bad. The major problem was that there wasn't enough staff to conduct more interviews for everyone else that had applied to Giant online, including me.
Previously, I had applied to them multiple times to find employment with them for 3-4 years, called them back multiple times (which felt like pulling teeth out rather than helping you out), and they still refused to attempt to try to help me out. It shouldn't have to take you years to apply for working at Giant. I can understand maybe a couple of days or weeks for new recruitment, but not years. Only one employee was able to help me, but everyone else just didn't seem to want to try at all. I would recommend applying somewhere else other than applying to this Giant to apply instead. This Giant is just awful at helping anyone find work or give any work at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Food

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Food (West Chester, PA).

Interview

I filled out the online application and attached my resume. It didn't take too long and the process was not complicated. I was contacted to come in for an interview a few days later which was quick. They asked basic questions about previous experience and behavioural questions such as my biggest weakness, strengths etc.

Interview Questions

• What are you biggest strengths? What are your biggest weaknesses? How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

very easy and laid back, seemed like it was just a formality, as if i already had the job before coming in to the interview. Being nice and presentable is really the key here

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy.I went in on a friday. We went over my application and availability. he only asked me one question do i have experience as a cashier. then he asked me to come in the next morning to sign my new hire papers. and i started that Monday.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food.

Interview

easy interview . took about 15 mins most .I was hired on the spot . Asked basic questions .its was very realaxed . The hiring manager was very nice .

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food.

Interview

i applied for the cashier job at giant. two weeks later i get a call to be interviewed at the store. i go to the store, dressed formal thinking i'll be interviewed. to my surprise, they called me in to tell me they hired me and i could start working the same day as my interview date. and that is how i got the job.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't an interview, but the manager did ask me only one question. when my availabilities are for working. it wasn't that hard to answer.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later the cashier management director called me in for an interview. Once I got there, she asked me about my availability and my past job experience. Then she brought out the store manager and she asked me where I go to school, my past job experience, and asked about myself. Then I got the job on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Food in September 2014.

Interview

Nice and easy.
    Applied online, received a phone call a couple days after.
    Interview was with customer service manager. Asked a few questions like availability. Just a friendly conversation
    Hired on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Food (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview, me and the manager sat in the office, he asked me about customer service and how would I deal with customers, then asked about availability, regardless of when you're available you'll still end up working crazy hours though, after that offered me a job and started by the next week

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food (Washington, DC).

Interview

Everything you would expect at an interview. I applied for the one in Maryland but got accepted by the one at DC. She asked simple questions about me and how you would answer employees ect. Also once I told her I had a website, she asked to me explain the last post I made. This was so she can see how well I would be able to explain something to a customer. Said I would get a call by 5 that same day to let me know if I got it, but if she didn't then, then I was to call her. I called and said I should in Monday to sign papers. Pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Hpow to make chicken nuggets. (It was the last post I made on my webs its)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got minimum wage. I was able to get Thursday off I think and Sundays at a later time to accommodate for church.