Giant Food Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

1.7

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

It is a one step interview process, meaning after one interview you will know if you have the job and then you will get set up for paperwork and orientation. Rather informal interview took place in their HR office, located within the store, which other people that worked there were on the computer in the office. The interview was short and to the point. Very basic questions asked during the interview. It did take quite some time to actually get ahold of the HR person to schedule my interview I had to be very persistent with them.

Interview Questions

• Is it okay to give someone a discount just because you know them?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

Really easy and fast process. Took an about 5 days to start working. Everyone was nice especially the person interviewing. First the contacted me via phone and ask me to come in. next they told me to bring my documents

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nazareth, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Nazareth, PA).

Interview

2 interviews and orientation, applied online, called within 2 weeks for in personal interview, called back in week for second interview! Heard by end of January and offered job! Started next week!

Open/Any Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two store managers. They were very nice people. The interview consisted of questions about availability and what position I was interested in as well as my job experience. I was called the next day and accepted a cashier position. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you helped someone. How did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    • You overhear a coworker saying inappropriate things to a customer or another coworker. Explain what you would do.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • A coworker is being inappropriate. You tell them to knock it off. They tell you to back off. What do you do next?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on March 24th. I called about a week later and was told that although they were hiring, they were hiring for more positions in a couple weeks. She wrote down my name and number. A couple weeks passed and still no call, so I called again and was told they were going to start looking at applications early the next week. Early that next week came, and nothing. I had all but given up, but last Thursday afternoon, I got a call for an interview on Saturday morning.

The interview itself was interesting. At first I was a little intimidated because it was the store manager, the HR lady, and the produce manager. But, once we all got talking, it was a really good experience. We all kept making each other laugh. I left, confident that I had gotten the job.

I got the call saying I got the job a couple days ago. I have orientation today.

Interview Questions

• As a cashier, what would you do if a customer dropped a glass bottle of vinegar in your lane?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you turned your lane light off and a customer came and started unloading their cart in your lane?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was simple questions and then they asked me to come in for an in-face interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hellertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Hellertown, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two interviews required but you always end up getting the job as long as you pass the background check you should be just fine. GED or high school diploma preferred but not required. You need to bring in your social security card and your drivers license or state ID as well. Dress nice and professional just in case. Try to talk to the interviewer just general chat while you wait it allows them to know you are a social person. Be prepared to need a large alcoholic beverage after work some days though... It is very stressful some days but customers who are polite make days better.

Interview Questions

• They ask every question that is on the application and if certain things need it they ask you to provide more details   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aston, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Aston, PA).

Interview

Was to easy and was to fast ..barely talked at all . wasn't interested in much was just looking for a body ..a monkey could have gotten hired lol ..had it not been a live interview and and the monkey could talk. besides that not much else needs to be said.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiations

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

Was called for an interview the day after completing the weird application, where all questions related to drug use and stealing. As if I'm really going to tell Giant how much crack I smoke while I'm at work. When I went in for the interview, I was directed into a pile of 90 other applicants there for interviews that day as well. Apparently they were having a mass hiring event and would most likely have to wait an hour to have my turn to be interview. Walked out.

Interview Questions

• Do you smoke CRACK, MARIJUANA, OR DO ALCOHOL WHILE AT WORK?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shippensburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Shippensburg, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was brought into the conference room with the hiring manager. We spoke for about a half hour. She was very nice and it was a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well independently or in a group?   1 Answer