Giant Food Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

1.7

Produce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Broomall, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

easy and short and understanding. very personal nothing major asked.
    over the phone to pick a time and date which was same day few hours later. Interview itself was short and sweet

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why are you leaving other job.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Sat down with the hiring manager and was asked several questions and about my experience then I was made an offer for the job.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you done customer service   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

The interview process was easy. They asked simple questions, asked your experience, and for your availability. They went over some scenarios for if you put in a certain situation what would you do.

Front End Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Mechanicsburg, PA).

Interview

It was relaxed, professional but laid back at the same time. It is very informal and you usually get offered the job at the end. Be sure to ask about flexibility and how they handle their student workers

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

First interview was with a hiring crew. Very brief. Second interview with hiring manager was a bit confusing as they had not given her all the information she needed to discuss the position I applied for. Very laid back, but pleasant. I answered questions about my resume and talked about customer service.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

It is a one step interview process, meaning after one interview you will know if you have the job and then you will get set up for paperwork and orientation. Rather informal interview took place in their HR office, located within the store, which other people that worked there were on the computer in the office. The interview was short and to the point. Very basic questions asked during the interview. It did take quite some time to actually get ahold of the HR person to schedule my interview I had to be very persistent with them.

Interview Questions

• Is it okay to give someone a discount just because you know them?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

Really easy and fast process. Took an about 5 days to start working. Everyone was nice especially the person interviewing. First the contacted me via phone and ask me to come in. next they told me to bring my documents

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Easton, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was made out to be more important than it was. A general manager approached me and seemed uninterested in my competence as a worker and more interested in simply "getting it over with". This is unusual in my experience even for an entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in Nazareth, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Nazareth, PA).

Interview

2 interviews and orientation, applied online, called within 2 weeks for in personal interview, called back in week for second interview! Heard by end of January and offered job! Started next week!

Open/Any Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two store managers. They were very nice people. The interview consisted of questions about availability and what position I was interested in as well as my job experience. I was called the next day and accepted a cashier position. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you helped someone. How did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    • You overhear a coworker saying inappropriate things to a customer or another coworker. Explain what you would do.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • A coworker is being inappropriate. You tell them to knock it off. They tell you to back off. What do you do next?   Answer Question