Giant Food Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Giant Food Stores

1.7

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Carlisle, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief, mostly body language, no probing questions, personality, and experience test, valued temperament. Looked for diversity, competitiveness, verbal and written style, presented opportunity for training and growing in company. Stability, customer service and speaking skills. Familiar with industry, inventory, POS systems, overall people skills. Volume and level of supervisory skills, shift experience and full background of where from and how did I get here.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

It's pretty much a, "describe a time when..." kind of interview. You can find a lot of questions they use in the reviews. They basically want you to describe a situation where you had to take an initiative, how you handled it, and what you learned. Prettt straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went beyond the call of duty to help a customer.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

It was easy to schedule as long as you keep calling. Nothing is really that hard. If you are nice and respectful you will be fine. You don't need to walk in nervous because overall it was very simple. Just know a bit about the job you are going for.

Interview Questions

• There were no hard questions. Just asking how to deal with customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

Slight negotiation, really they won't go over $9

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Very easy interview process. Mostly ask simple questions such as why are you applying to this job, previous experience, and availability. I don't think they ask any difficult questions, anybody who can do manual labor and speak English or Spanish can get the job. The work is very low-skill and repetitive so I would only recommend this job to high-school students.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about why I looked angry in my DL picture. Probably because I had to wait at the MVA for 5 hours to get it...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, take or leave the base pay, slightly higher for stock clerks that for cashiers.

Anonymous Employee in Shillington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Shillington, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Overall, it was pretty easy. The interviewer was very nice and the questions are pretty simple. Look up basic interview questions. After you apply, you should get a call within a week or two. The interview is only on 1 day and it's short. It's also not a group interview, it's one on one. Bringing in a resume will help you stand out, no matter what kind of experience you have or don't have.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Temple, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Online application, followed by an interview. The usual paperwork, saliva drug test, followed by an offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was specific to my experience, and not very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was almost no negotiation. I was offered .50 an hour over the starting rate with 25+ years of experience. I took the job out of necessity, and practically begged on a number of occasions for a review of my performance and pay only to be denied.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

Really easy and fast process. Took an about 5 days to start working. Everyone was nice especially the person interviewing. First the contacted me via phone and ask me to come in. next they told me to bring my documents

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Night Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores in September 2015.

Interview

Got a call to set up an interview within a week of applying. Went to the interview and the only question that was asked was if I was sure I wanted the position I applied for.

Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Carlisle, PA) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Was contacted via e-mail within one week by job poster. Phone interview was conducted shortly thereafter. Recruiter was full of praise for my fit with the company. She said they had a few more phone interviews to conduct that same day and would be in touch one way or another the following week. She went out of her way to assure me i would be notified if I was moving on or not within the week, citing company culture. I sent a "thank you e-mail" as I customarily do. No further response from the company. I sent a follow-up email three weeks later inquiring about the status of the process with no response. Common courtesy would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• What interested you about the job? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (York, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Sit through interview with manager.. asked a series of questions & after recievi g job, sitting through 4 hour training on cash register use. Very good experience can’t wait to do it again