Giant Food Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Giant Food Stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.7

Produce Interview

Interview

I just want to say that Giant's online application was the most demoralizing, dehumanizing thing that I ever set about filling out! I don't do drugs or steal. (People who do probably won't admit it anyway). After stating "Never" under both topics, the categories did not close. I was asked if I did crack, and how often. Do I do cocaine, how often? Do I smoke marijuana, how often? How often do I steal, how much have I stolen, then, the kicker--Have I ever THOUGHT of stealing? What kind of Orwellian BS is this, to ask us what's in our private minds?!? Finally, after 30 minutes of filling out the nonsense, it actually asks if I found the application "difficult" and WHY? Yeah, I wish that there was a box to check that says, I'm a grown adult, and I don't appreciate being treated like a criminal or a little kid while trying to apply for a job stacking bananas!

Even after filling the entire thing out, I never got called for an interview. I guess they couldn't believe that there is someone in this city who doesn't steal or shoot up. Either that, or they didn't need a banana stacker. That's another thing--the page does not list which jobs are available where. So, you fill out a 30 minute application and don't even know if your store has the job that you want.

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

Professional, friendly, thorough. Giant has a great HR team. First apply online then wait a few days. Then call the store you wish to work at and follow up on your application.

The store may not have your information but talk to the HR Rep there. It's like any other job, simply go after it.

Interview Questions

• If hired, are you able to work nights, weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Blue Bell, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was pretty brief, and as far as job title. They pick for you. I went in to apply as a cashier as I had neck surgery which I made known to hiring manager. And I was told I would be in bakery which involved lifting that I was not able to do.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for giant?   1 Answer

Meat Department Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

they went over my previous employment and asked general questions, nothing hard as they really needed the help since they were opening a store at the time. if I had it to do over I wouldn't accept since they changed the whole department.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for giant   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Havertown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Havertown, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. Sat you down and asked you some basic questions. Was a quick round of questions and then you were out.Again, it was very easy. Should be no problem

Front End Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

I just kept calling them until they gave me an interview. I had my interview then got a call back a few days later saying I had got the job.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

apply , they call for interview week later , only lasts about 5-8 mins , ask about availability & why you choose to work there . Called back the next day for orientation started training 2days later .

Dairy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trexlertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Trexlertown, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Simple, personable, 1v1 interview with hiring manager. Series of questions pertaining to customer service and courtesy were asked. Non Perishables Manager brought in for a quick meet and greet.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle other employees not doing their job?   1 Answer

Night Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores in September 2015.

Interview

Got a call to set up an interview within a week of applying. Went to the interview and the only question that was asked was if I was sure I wanted the position I applied for.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

applied end of january, got a call 2 weeks later for an interview then 3 days later called in for orientation , manager was nice all she asked about was my availability

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in a supermarket and not any where else like a clothing store   Answer Question