Giant Food Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Giant Food Stores Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on March 24th. I called about a week later and was told that although they were hiring, they were hiring for more positions in a couple weeks. She wrote down my name and number. A couple weeks passed and still no call, so I called again and was told they were going to start looking at applications early the next week. Early that next week came, and nothing. I had all but given up, but last Thursday afternoon, I got a call for an interview on Saturday morning.

The interview itself was interesting. At first I was a little intimidated because it was the store manager, the HR lady, and the produce manager. But, once we all got talking, it was a really good experience. We all kept making each other laugh. I left, confident that I had gotten the job.

I got the call saying I got the job a couple days ago. I have orientation today.

Interview Questions

• As a cashier, what would you do if a customer dropped a glass bottle of vinegar in your lane?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you turned your lane light off and a customer came and started unloading their cart in your lane?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was simple questions and then they asked me to come in for an in-face interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hellertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Hellertown, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two interviews required but you always end up getting the job as long as you pass the background check you should be just fine. GED or high school diploma preferred but not required. You need to bring in your social security card and your drivers license or state ID as well. Dress nice and professional just in case. Try to talk to the interviewer just general chat while you wait it allows them to know you are a social person. Be prepared to need a large alcoholic beverage after work some days though... It is very stressful some days but customers who are polite make days better.

Interview Questions

• They ask every question that is on the application and if certain things need it they ask you to provide more details   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aston, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Aston, PA).

Interview

Was to easy and was to fast ..barely talked at all . wasn't interested in much was just looking for a body ..a monkey could have gotten hired lol ..had it not been a live interview and and the monkey could talk. besides that not much else needs to be said.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiations

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

Was called for an interview the day after completing the weird application, where all questions related to drug use and stealing. As if I'm really going to tell Giant how much crack I smoke while I'm at work. When I went in for the interview, I was directed into a pile of 90 other applicants there for interviews that day as well. Apparently they were having a mass hiring event and would most likely have to wait an hour to have my turn to be interview. Walked out.

Interview Questions

• Do you smoke CRACK, MARIJUANA, OR DO ALCOHOL WHILE AT WORK?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shippensburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Shippensburg, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was brought into the conference room with the hiring manager. We spoke for about a half hour. She was very nice and it was a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well independently or in a group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Harrisburg, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out an online application. Received a call for an interview. The interview process was very easy. I was asked several simple questions and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What hours would I be available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Heights, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Clifton Heights, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews. One with the hiring manager and one with the manager. They were very pleasant and nice. It only took two weeks. My advice is to call in a few days after you submit a application and ask for a update or status.

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Newtown, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

They ask you how you are dealing with people and if you're confident that you can operate a cash register and if you have the basic cash handling skills.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

Easy Interview, at least two people in the room but only one is doing the interview. Person giving the interview helps you through it. Just answer the questions being asked and you'll be fine

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose here rather than any other supermarket?   Answer Question