Giesecke & Devrient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Sterling, VA).

Interview

After a tremendous number of special requests for travel dates, essays, work samples, and other supplemental materials, the actual 90-minute interview was terribly unorganized and ineffective. After general counsel lectured for 30-minutes, I had about 15-minutes to dissect, decipher and respond to his loosely-coherent ramble. Frankly, almost any other approach would have been more effective in uncovering strengths and suitability. Before inviting other candidates to invest time and resources into the interview process, I would highly recommend to G&D that they respectfully learn the art and science of how to conduct a meaningful, productive interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

The job opening was for a Java developer to fill a vacancy few months later. I was approached by a recruiting agent.

First round was a technical discussion with Head of System Architecture.The discussion was regarding the company's products, way of working and technical details from resume.

Second round was a coding homework assignment to develop a simple GUI application in java.They asked me to estimate the time required to complete the assignment. I have completed it within the committed time frame. The overall feedback was positive and I cleared the round.

The next step is a discussion with HR ,which will happen after a month.

Interview Questions

• A problem statement.

Write a short design document describing the most important aspects of your design. Use the Java programming language to implement the application.
      Using relevant coding conventions will give you additional points.
      Object-oriented design and high quality code will be deciding factors.
      If you think some part of the exercise is unclear, do not worry. Decide for yourself what would be a logical or fun thing to do, and explain in your design document why you did what you did.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in July 2017.

Interview

First, there will be skype interview along with a small easy aptitude test and if we clear this round there is a telephonic technical interview. Skype interview is very easy if you're genuine with your resume, but telephonic interview is not exactly as technical.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic interview was not as good as expected, the interviewer didn't asked any relevant question and judges the candidate on the basis of incomplete discussion.   Answer Question

Vice President IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Markham, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

After meeting with an HR person, waiting 2 months and checking in regularly, I was asked to do a video interview which consisted of 10 questions and 1-2 minute answers. After waiting another 2 months and checking in regularly, I was finally told they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Knowing their business, what revenue generating ideas would you suggest?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor (Pressroom) Canada Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Markham, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

3 stage interview. First interview was phone interview with HR manager for screening purposes. 2nd interview with Director of Manufacturing. 3rd interview with VP of Manufacturing. The interview took place mid December and right before Christmas 2014.
    The interview was at company's HQ, 316 Markland Street, Markham, ON L6C 0C1.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the most suitable candidate? How do you define "managing people"? What are your strongest attributes?   Answer Question

Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estado de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Estado de México (Mexico)) in February 2014.

Interview

the fisrt inteview was with a person of RH, then I had another interview with a boss who is the boss of other área and then I had the last interview who will be my boss, he only asked me about some questions and he said ok you got the job

Interview Questions

• I had to say something about on of my proyects   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)).

Interview

Hiring after two successful interviews and a programming task, normally in Java. The first interview is to get background and experience picture of the candidate. The second interview is a technical interview where interviewers review your task and check your understanding and knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns and general problem solving thinking.

Interview Questions

• This is very individual, but I'd say that the general problem solving questions are unexpected and can be difficult.   Answer Question

IT Business Solution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Markham, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online. After about 3 weeks, had a quick screening interview with the recruiter over the phone and was invited for an onsite interview with the manager and HR at Markham HQ. Security is very high to enter their site: Your picture ID is required, they take your photo and store it in their database, etc...

Interview Questions

• What file format is used by clients when they sent out their orders to the company?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Pune (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

2 technical round. 2 online test. 1 HR round.

Interview Questions

• Offers very less salary and asking for experience holder to sign bind for 3 years.   Answer Question
    • Lacks in communication with candidate from HR department. Taking so much of time to respond to candidate and delaying in giving offer. After more than 20 days past technical interview HR round happen.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient.

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch war sehr angenehm, es wurden keine Stressfragen o. Ä. gestellt. Es war auch angenehm, dass sich das Gespräch wirklich wie ein Gespräch angefühlt hat, und nicht wie ein Abklappern von einem Fragenkatalog. Es war jedoch sehr schade, dass ich nach dem persönlichen Telefon-Interview keinerlei weitere Information bekommen habe.