Giesecke & Devrient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Dulles, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Friendly and personable interviewers looking to fill a last minute position for an internship slated to lead to a full time payroll position as a marketing associate who would learn the inside trade of pitching hard currency processing machines and related security technology to banks and casinos.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the work ethic to come through large database lists of clients and clean and update data.   1 Answer

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Sterling, VA).

Interview

After a tremendous number of special requests for travel dates, essays, work samples, and other supplemental materials, the actual 90-minute interview was terribly unorganized and ineffective. After general counsel lectured for 30-minutes, I had about 15-minutes to dissect, decipher and respond to his loosely-coherent ramble. Frankly, almost any other approach would have been more effective in uncovering strengths and suitability. Before inviting other candidates to invest time and resources into the interview process, I would highly recommend to G&D that they respectfully learn the art and science of how to conduct a meaningful, productive interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 3 parts in the interview. The first one is a personality test and written test with a few coding, sql and design questions. And then a face-to-face interview with HR and IT manager. They were easy going, friendly and would not go too aggressive.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

3 different interviews one with HR and 2 with the maintenance mgt followed by a tour of the plant and maintenance department. Then I received a benifits briefing that was to say the least a lot of info. To take in all at one time. But they did give the time to ask questions and to answer them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A pain in the neck

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

The job opening was for a Java developer to fill a vacancy few months later. I was approached by a recruiting agent.

First round was a technical discussion with Head of System Architecture.The discussion was regarding the company's products, way of working and technical details from resume.

Second round was a coding homework assignment to develop a simple GUI application in java.They asked me to estimate the time required to complete the assignment. I have completed it within the committed time frame. The overall feedback was positive and I cleared the round.

The next step is a discussion with HR ,which will happen after a month.

Interview Questions

• A problem statement.

Write a short design document describing the most important aspects of your design. Use the Java programming language to implement the application.
      Using relevant coding conventions will give you additional points.
      Object-oriented design and high quality code will be deciding factors.
      If you think some part of the exercise is unclear, do not worry. Decide for yourself what would be a logical or fun thing to do, and explain in your design document why you did what you did.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Telephonic Basics of Java. F2F Design discussion followed by a puzzle.Video Call with their Architect & Product Owner +Manager round. HR round.

I felt that that they have good products to work upon after discussion with their architect.

Interview Questions

• Basics OOPS, Multi threading, Concurrent APIs etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much,offered decent salary

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

worst. Inhuman to candidates.
    No atkts as to how should the candidates be treated. Experiencing this, did not even felt like giving the interview. Can smell the work environment from this.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient.

Interview

First interview at the HQ in Munich with future Line Manager.
    Second interview at the Munich Airport Hotel with the Finance Director.
    Third interview in Dubai with the MD.
    Contract handed to me immediately after the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. How long do you think you can stay away from home and be on project site?
      2. Are you willing to learn another language with one year?
      3. Can you shout at people and hit with the fist on the table if they don't perform?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

very bad, the asked why u want to join opur cpomlany. Can you work for late nights. Do you have any kids.

Can u come on saturday and sunday

can u work with diploma holders

what is the gurantee ,you will not leave our componay

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient.

Interview

4 interviews with the Sales VP and the Head of the business unit, the process lasted about 2 months and had a job offer at the end of the period. It was rather difficult process and they were looking on all details of my professional background and personality

Interview Questions

• All questions were around my Sales and area background. Compliance and integrity is also a hot topic due to the nature of their business   Answer Question