Gila River Indian Community Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gila River Indian Community Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.5

Teacher's Aide Interview

Interview

It was a panel Interview consisting of three people from the department. Fifteen questions, standard behavioral questions. Overall took about 30 minutes and had time to ask questions afterward. Felt comfortable as I was able to introduce myself and talk about my experience, even though they had my application.

Secretary (Executive Office) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AZ

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Gila River Indian Community (Florence, AZ).

Interview

Filled out an application online and received a notice for an interview about 2-3weeks later. Address was not picking up on google maps. Ended up in another building, asking where the office was that I had to report to for the interview.

Very friendly HR technician led me to the interview room. Not so friendly or professional interview panel of 3. I was met with cold straight faces. Community specific questions were asked that nobody from the outside would possibly know. There weren't many job specific questions that in most cases, are asked during job interviews. I feel that I was met with bias and judged for my lack of knowledge to the Gila River Indian Community. At most places, during the interview, they will tell you what they are all about, if you don't already know. It would be one thing if I was a member and still had no knowledge but, I feel that this job should not have been advertised to the general public, if they were wanting someone that already knew what their office does for their community and all the names of the people in the governing office. Their attitudes changed once I didn't have an answer to these community specific questions and they came across very dismissive towards me. Their facial expressions became smug and all the sudden, they were disinterested. Professionalism would've prevented these things from going noticed. When the interview was done, there was no usual handshake or "thank you for your time" or "this concludes our interview", like most places do. They sat in silence and let me see myself out the door. I've never interviewed with a panel like that for any organization or business. So, if the vibes picked up during that interview are any indication of what it's like to work there, I won't bother applying for any other jobs on the reservation.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with our community?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what the executive office does for the community?   1 Answer
    • Do you know the names of our governors?   1 Answer

Archaeological Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacaton, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gila River Indian Community (Sacaton, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Open-ended questions, very easy to answer. I had a panel of three interviewers and only one of them was from my current department. They asked very easy questions for me to expand however much of little I cared to expand. Two of the three people were very quiet and did not offer me much feedback.

Interview Questions

• Can I work in extreme weather conditions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a call from HR and was offered the job a few days later.

Employee Benefit Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacaton, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gila River Indian Community (Sacaton, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

filed daily for the other representatives. Research information on the employees in the file or on the computer.

Interview Questions

• Getting alone with the administrator from day one. She did not like me. She would go through the other reps. to give me an assignment.   Answer Question

CPS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacaton, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gila River Indian Community (Sacaton, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Overall questions of Maltreatment and how to proceed in investigations. Overall knowledge of community. How would you conduct an invvestigation and whom would be your point of contact if maltreatment found and need to proceed criinally. Are you able to work well wit h police department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate salary based on your experience as there is not cost of living increases.

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gila River Indian Community (Chandler, AZ) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied online and faxed application. 2 weeks later HR called and set an interview date. Panel of three interviewed me, went well with just the Manager asking all the questions basically regarding my job experiences. It went for about 20 minutes. The next day I sent a thank you letter but haven't got any news from them yet.

Counselor Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacaton, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gila River Indian Community (Sacaton, AZ) in December 2007.

Interview

The interview was offered in a letter, and the day before, HR called to confirm. Someone from HR walked me to the interview room, where I was interviewed by a panel of 3. I was asked a variety of questions including my experience and education, reasons for applying, how I work with people, etc. I think it was about a week later that I was offered the job, over the phone.

Interview Questions

I accepted another position.