Gilbarco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2016

3.1

Assembly I Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I was greeted in the lobby by hiring manager promptly after i arrived. I then toured the assembly plant about 15 minutes long then interviewed at the end of tour. Received verbal offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you help keep safety within the plant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

waiting on offer letter now.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco.

Interview

Two rounds-Telephonic and Skype. It was an easy interview overall. No relocation allowance. But they are very bad at negotiation if you don't have a God father inside the company.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco.

Interview

Online application, followed be a phone interview, then an in-person interview. All handled very quickly, was a pretty easy process. Everyone was very friendly and interviews weren't stressful. The process went very smoothly.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tipp City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco (Tipp City, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I had applied online and got email from HR after 3 days, asked for phone interview with hiring manager.

Gave interview with hiring manager, next week so he called me onsite. I went on and meet with other team mate and hiring manager.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview about a month after I replied. The HR manager that I spoke to was very honest about their hiring intentions and the environment of the organization. Gilbarco is very decentralized with no real chain of command. After the phone interview, I was given an interview schedule onsite to meet the HR team. I met three people (including the person I had the phone interview with) in one day. After a month of sending follow-up emails with no real response, I was invited back onsite to meet with the president, a director, and a VP. Originally, I had been told that after the phone interview, I would be meeting with five people in one day but they decided to break it out so interviewing wasn't so overwhelming. This would not have been a problem for me except I was still working at the time so getting so many days off was hard. After waiting for three days, I was met with a generic rejection email. I applaud HR for providing me with the requested feedback. But I think you have to be a real hard-ass in order to succeed there. I read the reviews on here before my interviews and I would say that the feedback others have given is very true.

Assembly Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and easy. Give you a tour of the warehouse while conducting interview you can wear jeans and sneakers and don't have to dress up for the interview. The AA was very pleasant and down to earth.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Typical interview process. Phone screen by HR, phone screen by hiring manager and then brought in for an in person interview. That is where things went ary and the true nature of the company was revealed. My flight was purchased and the hotel room was reserved by HR...no rental car. I was told I did not need a rental car and I just needed to call the hotel to shuttle me around. This included taking me from the hotel to the main office and from the main office to the airport. A bit strange, but I went with it.

Upon arriving for my interview, I was ushered back to start the process. I met with about 5 different managers from various aspects of the company. I learned what they did and how this job was important to their function. I had researched all of these people and knew they came from other companies and other industries. As a result, I was intrigued to learn what attracted them to the company. To my surprise, they ALL said they wanted to live in NC from living up north and Gilbarco was hiring. None of them mentioned the products, people, company, benefits, advancement opportunities, etc. That made me wonder if these people just thought of this place as a way to pass the time during the week. One interesting question that was asked of me was if I had a chance to look around. How was I supposed to look around? Walk from the hotel to see the area? As it was I had to walk 15 minutes just to get dinner the night before. When I left it was obvious that I did not get the job. They were disappointed that I did not have gas pump experience and I had not been in charge of a major multi-system product. I guess reading is not their strong suit because neither of those items were mentioned in my resume. If they required that experience I would have preferred to save my vacation time and not wasted their nor my time.

I returned home and submitted my expenses (hotel, food and parking) and waited. Nothing. Contacted the HR person I was dealing with for travel arrangements and no response. After 6 weeks, I contacted the HR director (of which I interviewed with) and she said she would investigate. After resubmitting my receipts and following up multiple times a week, I finally got my reimbursement. In my opinion, 8 weeks to get my expenses paid back is a bit excessive. I am certain that if I had not remained dilligent, I would have never gotten my money back.

In short, if you want to get a pay check in Greensboro, NC and do not really care about anything else...Gilbarco is your company. At least that is what I got from the people that I spoke to.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone, Face to face, phone, personality test. They had a sense of urgency then everything grinded to a halt. Worked with recruiter who knew the company well but was unable to get answers on timing and hiring decision. Spent a lot of time on research, interviewing and their on line assessment which translated into a waste of time since they never actually got back to the recruiter with a final decision.

Area Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco.

Interview

Applied for job online and received an initial phone screen, about two weeks later to discuss interest and a little about my background. After the initial phone screen, I had another phone screen with one of the Focus Factory Managers to discuss the opportunity in greater detail, as well as my background and experience.

Due to the fact that this was being coordinated over the holidays, there was a small lapse in time because of how the holidays played into the scheduling. These two phone screens were followed up with an in-person interview by five leadership team members. I was provided a schedule ahead of time, of who I would be meeting and at what time(s). Due to the length of the in-person interview and tour (over five hours), the company had provided me with lunch as well.

In less than a week, I was contacted with a job offer. Flawless and seamless process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an individual wasn't performing or wasn't completing their tasks as assigned?   Answer Question

IT Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco (Greensboro, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

This ended up being almost an eight week process. I applied through a job posting from a recruitment firm. The initial phone screening took place a week later, followed by a phone interview and a scheduled four hour on-site visit. The on-site interview was with an HR rep, consisting of standard HR questions (why are you looking, describe your management style, etc.), and interviews with the hiring manager, and two managers who would be considered co-workers. Two days following this, I had a phone interview with the CIO. No feedback for over two weeks, and then another phone interview with a Security analyst from the parent company. I was also supposed to have a phone interview the same day with another HR rep, who did not make the call due to a mistake on her side. An in person interview with the new head of HR took place a week later.

The entire process was very unorganized and disjointed. Each person in the interview process seemed to have a different opinion on what the job was supposed to entail. See the response below regarding the "most unexpected question". They do not seem to be in agreement as to whether they want a Security/Network manager to maintain their firewalls, or a Security Program Manager to handle their audits.

The office itself, as has been noted in other reviews, is not a place where I would have enjoyed working. Very outdated, cramped, and cluttered. Very much a 1960s/1970s manufacturing plant, with offices tacked on as an afterthought. I also noted that there were 10 - 15 prime parking places designated for various executives. That is not something I would expect from an organization that has a teamwork culture.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired and came to work here, what would be the potential things that would make you regret your decision after a few months working here?   1 Answer