Gildan Activewear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gildan Activewear Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.4

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear.

Interview

I applied online through my college career services. It took a week for the human resource department to call. There were 3 steps to the interview process then an offer will be made within 2 weeks.

1. Call from Recruiter (30 minute phone interview)
    2. Call from Manager.
    3. In office interview with recruiter, manager, and other department heads.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Charleston, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after I applied online. Went through the phone interview with someone in the HR department (very nice person.) I was then scheduled for an in-office interview. I met with the HR team and everyone was welcoming with the exception of the HR Director. She came across cold and indifferent. She believed I wasn't a good fit for the position and cashed out fairly quickly in the interview. Her comments and body language (e.g. eye rolls) were very negative and when i got up to leave she did not stand up and did not offer to shake my hand. She sat with her arms crossed and frankly, looked angry. Maybe she was frustrated with the candidate picks for the position but she did not leave a good impression with me. I felt like i dodged a bullet on that one! Whew! Even still, I followed up with a 'thank you for your time' email but received no reply.

Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Charleston, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

Talked with several different people in different parts of the company. But really when hired only ever worked with 2 out of the 5. overall interview was pretty straight forward nothing too complicated.

Customer Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Applied for this position through a recruiter and was given the green light to interview with the Director of the department over the phone. The next interview was also over the phone with another key person. Both interviews went well but unfortunately, this position was blocked from inviting anyone in for a face to face interview due to a VP who preferred candidates with background working directly with Walmart. Very disappointing to find this out after coming so far. Even though I had experience working with Walmart as a customer and provided Gildan with this experience, this position was never filled but restructured to place the candidate in Arkansas in order to accommodate Walmart. I was very disappointed with how this was handled and was really looking forward to an opportunity to work with this company.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions because I had everything that this position required but due to a VP who had his own agenda, this position was changed while candidates were in the process of going through to the next phase.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear.

Interview

The interview process at this company is very easy and straight forward. All the usual questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Mount Pleasant, SC) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied on Monster.com, got a phone call from the Manager for an interview, did an informal interview with hiring manager and co-worker. Very laid back interview and I felt very comfortable speaking with them. Typical interview questions, tell me about your last position, how do you handle pressure...etc

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with AS400 systems?   1 Answer

I counteroffered the salary but they were unable to negotiate so I declined. I was insulted by the offer.

Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

A very casual interview which really focused on past experiences rather than the job itself. The interviewer emphasized keeping the process laid back. First round interviews are done in university, while second round interviews are done at the headquarters in Montreal. Keep in mind they are interviewing students from every university in your area, so the chances of you landing the job are slim.

Interview Questions

• What was one instance where you made a decision that truly impacted a company/organization?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

i got a phone call to begin with and had an interview over the phone with a gentleman. he then sent me an email to confirm an interview on-site. i have to say that email was well presented compared to all the other HR of other companies. second interview was with the director and the third was with the VP.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

There was one interview in person with the hiring manager and HR representative. The interview was about 30-40 minutes and they asked standard interview questions, nothing too difficult. Friendly and laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - Standard interview questions:
      Tell me about yourself, situational questions...   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear.

Interview

A short phone interview took place with standard HR questions. Brought in to meet with recruitment and future manager. Job was discussed along with objectives. Standard interview process in a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is one of your weaknesses? Work situation questions were also asked.   Answer Question