Gildan Activewear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.4

Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Charleston, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

Talked with several different people in different parts of the company. But really when hired only ever worked with 2 out of the 5. overall interview was pretty straight forward nothing too complicated.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Charleston, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after I applied online. Went through the phone interview with someone in the HR department (very nice person.) I was then scheduled for an in-office interview. I met with the HR team and everyone was welcoming with the exception of the HR Director. She came across cold and indifferent. She believed I wasn't a good fit for the position and cashed out fairly quickly in the interview. Her comments and body language (e.g. eye rolls) were very negative and when i got up to leave she did not stand up and did not offer to shake my hand. She sat with her arms crossed and frankly, looked angry. Maybe she was frustrated with the candidate picks for the position but she did not leave a good impression with me. I felt like i dodged a bullet on that one! Whew! Even still, I followed up with a 'thank you for your time' email but received no reply.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear.

Interview

I applied online through my college career services. It took a week for the human resource department to call. There were 3 steps to the interview process then an offer will be made within 2 weeks.

1. Call from Recruiter (30 minute phone interview)
    2. Call from Manager.
    3. In office interview with recruiter, manager, and other department heads.

Technical Process Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Choloma, Cortés (Honduras)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Choloma, Cortés (Honduras)) in April 2011.

Interview

First had to obtain a document from the police department that I did not had a police record, then went through a battery of psychological and mathematics tests, after that I had a drug test. Two Human Resources interviews and one Management interview. All interviews were one on one, each took about 20 to 30 minutes, they inquired about my past experience and the reasons I had left previous jobs

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear.

Interview

A short phone interview took place with standard HR questions. Brought in to meet with recruitment and future manager. Job was discussed along with objectives. Standard interview process in a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is one of your weaknesses? Work situation questions were also asked.   Answer Question

Knitting Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Choloma, Cortés (Honduras)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Choloma, Cortés (Honduras)) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial communication: phone. Interview process: 5 including Mid Level-Upper-Top Management.

Interview Questions

• Capacity to manage an overall plant efficiency of 95% over all 4 daily shifts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Medical Insurance, Gas Allowance, 3 annual bonus of 100% of monthly base salary.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear in September 2009.

Interview

many phases of meeting.
    3 meetings + 1 outside the company (coffe meeting)

Negotiation

Excellent. I got what I expect.

Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

A very casual interview which really focused on past experiences rather than the job itself. The interviewer emphasized keeping the process laid back. First round interviews are done in university, while second round interviews are done at the headquarters in Montreal. Keep in mind they are interviewing students from every university in your area, so the chances of you landing the job are slim.

Interview Questions

• What was one instance where you made a decision that truly impacted a company/organization?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

There was one interview in person with the hiring manager and HR representative. The interview was about 30-40 minutes and they asked standard interview questions, nothing too difficult. Friendly and laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - Standard interview questions:
      Tell me about yourself, situational questions...   Answer Question

Manager Finance & Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

If you are a female, make sure to dress sexy - as the interviewing manager asks males to walk by the glass offices during the interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - interviews are standard. However they have changed since my initial interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The background check took much longer than expected, and they lied about it being completed.