Gildan Activewear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

i got a phone call to begin with and had an interview over the phone with a gentleman. he then sent me an email to confirm an interview on-site. i have to say that email was well presented compared to all the other HR of other companies. second interview was with the director and the third was with the VP.

Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

A very casual interview which really focused on past experiences rather than the job itself. The interviewer emphasized keeping the process laid back. First round interviews are done in university, while second round interviews are done at the headquarters in Montreal. Keep in mind they are interviewing students from every university in your area, so the chances of you landing the job are slim.

Interview Questions

• What was one instance where you made a decision that truly impacted a company/organization?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Charleston, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after I applied online. Went through the phone interview with someone in the HR department (very nice person.) I was then scheduled for an in-office interview. I met with the HR team and everyone was welcoming with the exception of the HR Director. She came across cold and indifferent. She believed I wasn't a good fit for the position and cashed out fairly quickly in the interview. Her comments and body language (e.g. eye rolls) were very negative and when i got up to leave she did not stand up and did not offer to shake my hand. She sat with her arms crossed and frankly, looked angry. Maybe she was frustrated with the candidate picks for the position but she did not leave a good impression with me. I felt like i dodged a bullet on that one! Whew! Even still, I followed up with a 'thank you for your time' email but received no reply.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear.

Interview

I applied online through my college career services. It took a week for the human resource department to call. There were 3 steps to the interview process then an offer will be made within 2 weeks.

1. Call from Recruiter (30 minute phone interview)
    2. Call from Manager.
    3. In office interview with recruiter, manager, and other department heads.

Technical Process Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Choloma, Cortés (Honduras)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Choloma, Cortés (Honduras)) in April 2011.

Interview

First had to obtain a document from the police department that I did not had a police record, then went through a battery of psychological and mathematics tests, after that I had a drug test. Two Human Resources interviews and one Management interview. All interviews were one on one, each took about 20 to 30 minutes, they inquired about my past experience and the reasons I had left previous jobs

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

There was one interview in person with the hiring manager and HR representative. The interview was about 30-40 minutes and they asked standard interview questions, nothing too difficult. Friendly and laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - Standard interview questions:
      Tell me about yourself, situational questions...   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear.

Interview

A short phone interview took place with standard HR questions. Brought in to meet with recruitment and future manager. Job was discussed along with objectives. Standard interview process in a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is one of your weaknesses? Work situation questions were also asked.   Answer Question

IT Administration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Long hiring process. Applied online, never heard back. Then through a recruiter, interview appointment was reluctantly given (I guess the so called Recruitment advisor had better things to do). During the interview I realized she did not read the resume, which these days is fairly common practice. Like most other HR interviewers, she only wanted to hear about my past work. Never asked if I enjoyed or not, which is a very big clue of how a bad choice will eventually be made. She heard I had done something very similar in the past and based on this I was sent to the technical interview a good 10 days later, while the position I was applying for was basically uncovered (a very junior employee was there coping to cover for a departed employee).
    The whole attitude was very snobby. I felt from the beginning the attitude "I am doing such a big favor to you to be here right now hearing what you ad to say instead of being browsing the internet on my computer...". Same can be said when I received the first low ball offer: this is all we can offer she said. My reply was that among the 2 I was not the desperate one in need to get into that position. They had in uncovered. So my counteroffer was 20% higher an got accepted right away by the IT director who had much clearer than her the need to fulfill immediately that critical position.
    A very unpleasant experience with a rookie. I should have followed my instinct that were telling me "you see more than you think about a company already from the interview". My employment is going to finish soon as I finally have found another job which pays better and is finally with a reputable company.

Interview Questions

• HR interview was absolutely incompetent, maybe she should sell perfumes downstairs at The Bay. Technical interview was hands on and still easy if you did the job before. I was interviewed by the person covering for the Sysadmin who just left the company in unfriendly terms and received little coaching. I had to tell him "no offense but let me show you something you should do right away, even before hiring me or anybody else...".   Answer Question

Low-ball offer well below industry average. Just a try from an HR rookie who hoped to look good to her boss. Made a counteroffer 20% higher which was accepted right away.

Manager Finance & Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

If you are a female, make sure to dress sexy - as the interviewing manager asks males to walk by the glass offices during the interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - interviews are standard. However they have changed since my initial interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The background check took much longer than expected, and they lied about it being completed.

Knitting Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Choloma, Cortés (Honduras)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gildan Activewear (Choloma, Cortés (Honduras)) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial communication: phone. Interview process: 5 including Mid Level-Upper-Top Management.

Interview Questions

• Capacity to manage an overall plant efficiency of 95% over all 4 daily shifts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Medical Insurance, Gas Allowance, 3 annual bonus of 100% of monthly base salary.