Gilead Sciences Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gilead Sciences Associate Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Gilead Sciences

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process started with 2 phone interviews, then scheduled an on site about a week later. Long day of back to back 30 minute interviews. Fairly straightforward questions (why are you interested in changing positions?, etc). Also, interviewed for a research position, so a 1 hr seminar is required. Overall a tiring day, but a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked repeatedly about having experience with a specific area of the job requirement. I answered it probably 3 or more times to the hiring manager on the phone and in person, but they kept asking. I assume it's an important skill, so they want to be sure, but it was a bit overboard.   Answer Question

Found another opportunity that better met my career goals

Other Interview Reviews for Gilead Sciences

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (San Dimas, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The format appeared to be the typical behavior-based questions... "Tell me about a time that you..." Yet the interviewing skill of each of the interviewers, and their interest in the task at hand and their interest in me, varied widely and many did not follow the format (which is certainly fine, as long as it was a meaningful interview and produced the desired results, i.e., good data were collected to form a proper decision).

I feel that I interviewed very well - I have interviewed since, with similar companies and roles, and received two job offers (for larger jobs, actually) - and I know that I am more than qualified for the position. But I never heard back from anybody. I circled back to the recruiter and reached out to a handful of the interviewers that said to contact them if I had more questions. I was polite and positive in my queries. But nobody got back to me.

This is a very connected community that we work in, and my experience does not seem to be a rare occurrence with Gilead Sciences; in fact, I have heard similar experiences from many people that have interviewed with this company, and it seems to be a common theme.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interviewing for a job that has a lesser title than the title you currently have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and, after an initial phone interview with an HR recruiter, interviewed in Foster City. It was a full day of 1:1 interviews. Every single person asked if I knew about the "Gilead Culture" which seems to consist of having to get a lot of work done with very few people. Everybody I spoke to was used to frequently working nights and weekends.
    Most people were very friendly, the campus and the cafeteria were nice.
    I did get an offer with a generous relocation package; however, the base salary was rather low, especially in light of the expensive area. The position that I was offered was an entry-level position at Gilead with a job title below my current title. Overall, it didn't seem like the right fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Process was pretty basic. Phone screen, followed by in person interview. When I came in for interview, they had a relocation company drive me around to look at places to live. Interviews went well, but when they offered the job, they offered a lower title and less pay than we had discussed. Their reasoning was the job post requested 5 years of experience, and while I had 13 years of experience, since it was at a smaller company (a company about 25% the size of Gilead) that experience did not count. It was completely illogical and I went with my gut and turned the offer down.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions - discussion about experience and to provide examples   1 Answer

They lowballed. Also I heard through the grapevine about some serious dysfunction in the organization and in my potential department in particular. Gilead is notorious for hiring people with a nice relocation package, which binds them to Gilead for two years. They work people to death, with the assumption that after two years, the people will leave. Turn over is high. Morale is awful. People there hate their jobs.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences in September 2015.

Interview

Had three rounds. First round with a Director and was pretty good, second round with a technical person and that was also fine. The third interview was with a manager (level below the one being hired for). After three re-schedules, the person didn't join the interview. Got a call from HR that it had to be rescheduled at last moment. Finally, fourth time, the interview started and there was another interview going on the bridge. This person heard someone else and immediately logged off without even introducing. Didn't even said hello. A complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. After a phone interview, I was invited in for an initial interview. After that, there was no response from recruiter even after I reached out a couple of times. I would expect the company to close the loop on the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why would I like to work at Gilead   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Gilead Sciences has a reputation to conduct long stringent and difficult interviews. There are lot of interviewers and is usually an entire day event. Company is very professional and expects candidates to come well dressed in suit and be prepared to answer tough questions. Interviews at Gilead are well coordinated affairs. There is some thought put behind interview panel members. It could be inconsistent at time when it comes to the length of the interviews. Some teams have a much shorter affair, but u do see the end result. Those teams are not the high performing ones inside the Gilead and have higher turn overs.

Interview Questions

• Interviews usually covers technical, behavior and cultural fit screenings   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter was very involved in the process. Interviewed with the group and talent acquisition specialist about salary expectations, etc. then crickets. Not impressed. Don't lead someone on to make them believe they have the job, then not have the courtesy to get back in touch.

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Smooth process, HR person quickly scheduled follow up with hiring process. Overall casual atmosphere but pointed questions to check homework, i.e. ability to do your research and be ready to hit the road running.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions: what would do if you were in particular situation? How would you handle this particular business question?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Interview

Interviewers were Informative and professional. Interview process was clearly communicated, feedback was received in a timely manner and my own time was taken into consideration when setting up meetings. Considering the size of company the process was very good.