Gilead Sciences Senior Research Scientist I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gilead Sciences

1 Interview Review

Senior Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager who asked me questions about what I wanted to do, why I wanted to leave academia, what I thought the job was about. Easy going, seemed more of a "is person relatively normal" phone test. Onsite was scheduled three weeks later due to scheduling conflicts, although they asked if I could come up at the end of the week. Lunch with hiring manager, interviewed with 8 people, crystallogrpher, head of structural chemistry, and the other members of the group. One person was less pleasant than the rest, but most were very professional and friendly. The word "intense" came up a lot. Dinner was enjoyable and relatively relaxing, although I got the feeling they weren't going to offer it. Not sure they were really open to the idea of having to train someone straight from a postdoc. Recruiter contacted me a week later, indicating they were passing.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you go into more detail on the methods in your talk. Thats what we care about, not your obscure academic project.   1 Answer