Gillig Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gillig Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2017

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gillig (Livermore, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on line. Contacted by email for scheduled interview. Interviewed in person with one individual. I thought the interview went well. I've had car/truck assembly experience in the past. Not sure what they are looking for. But, I didn't get selected for the job maybe it's my age or my race--as I didn't see many African American. You just never know with these interviews especially when you know you meet the qualifications.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gillig (Livermore, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I received a phone interview. The initial scheduled time and date were pushed out since the recruiting person had to reschedule. She followed up a couple of days later and quickly apologized for being unable to meet at our original time. The recruiting person was very polite and informative. She asked my questions regarding my past experience and gave me information about the company. I look forward to hearing from them to schedule a face to face interview follow up.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked regarding previous experience   1 Answer

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gillig (Livermore, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Turned in application and received call 3 weeks later for on-site interview. Showed up for a short on-site interview and was told that an email will be sent for further contact.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gillig (Hayward, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone interview then was scheduled for a 4 hours interview with the director of HR, hiring manager, controller, and the VP. It was a one on one interview with each person. It ended earlier though.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gillig (Hayward, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very thorough and thoughtful process. First I had a phone interview with HR, very friendly and informative with regard to history of the company and future objectives. Then an in person interview with 4 different people. Within about a week, they made an offer and started my background check.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in the job or our company?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gillig (Hayward, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with telephone interview then an on-site interview with 4 of the managers/directors that I would be working with. All of the people I had the opportunity to meet were so welcoming and passionate about Gillig. The positive vibes were uplifting and unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. Overall: Amazing experience

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weaknesses? Strengths? What would your coworkers say about you? What is one of your greatest obstacles you had to overcome in the workplace and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gillig in March 2016.

Interview

It was pretty basic and they asked all the standard questions you'd expect to get interviewing for an internship position. I talked to an HR person and they asked me very standard questions (i.e. Tell me about yourself?, What interests do you have?) .

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gillig (Hayward, CA).

Interview

There were about 4 or 5 people who interviewed me. The questions were straight forward, but the whole process was very long. Expect to be there the entire day. I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

Gillig Response

Jan 29, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
    We now have our out of state candidates arrive the day before to ensure that they are well rested for the interview process.
    Much success to you in... More

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gillig in August 2014.

Interview

Very disorganized. First called to setup interview at 6 am with VP of HR and IT Manager. 5 days later postponed for 8 AM with same folks and same order. Called in at 8:30 by IT manager grilled for an hour with all the command line questions about AD and other hardest possible once that you may use once in a blue moon in your carrier and so on to candidate like me with 20 yrs experience as if I was just out of school. Looks like he was just killing his time than interviewing me, because HR put him one hour ahead for interview schedule. At the he said HR busy for all day so bye bye.

Interview Questions

• How to check health of a Domain from command line of a PC? How do you check connectivity of exchange server from a client PC? What does Layer 3 does. How to image a router from backup. You need to know exact commands on router after you connect through console   1 Answer

Gillig Response

Oct 21, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize that your initial interview had to be rescheduled due to unforeseen calendar conflicts. Our leadership team is committed to finding the... More

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gillig.

Interview

3 interviewers, including HR. Questions were reasonable, with both technical and personality type. People were friendly and pleasant, with a sense of "family". However, office space felt very cramped and old.