Gilly Hicks Model/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gilly Hicks Model/Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I was recruited at my University campus prior to going to the interview. Before going to the interview you go online and choose a time slot which fits your schedule. The interview was conducted as a group. There were two managers who conducted the interview together. The asked a few pretty basic questions and everyone took turns answering the questions. I wasn't a fan of the group interview since it just seemed like everyone repeated what the previous person said. If you want to stand out, you should try to come up with a more unique response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gilly Hicks

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks.

Interview

group interview at the food court. they have a paper to read off from and jot down your answers. You have a higher chance of scoring the interview if you fit the model's image and smile alot. Overall, I had a good experience chatting with the managers and the interviewees.

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, where they ask you questions like "what does diversity mean to you?" Overall, the interview is easy and the questions are more about your personality. They don't particularly care if you have experience, but more of if you are a "good fit" and can represent the Gilly style. Basically be happy, smily, super friendly, and cute.

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks.

Interview

very brief, typical questions about working in retail, had an outside interview and was contacted by phone to know if accepted or not. many girls in one group placed with you and the interview goes quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks (Miami, FL).

Interview

Sometimes you will be recruited by a manager or another sales associate within the store and will ask you to complete an online application or you can go into the store and fill out an application on a computer; it takes about 15 minutes to fill out the application but make sure you have your desired hours to work already planned out to make the process easier & faster. After that they tell you to come in on either a Tuesday or Friday for the interview.
    Interviews are in group form and they ask you to describe their store/company style, what diversity means to you, and to describe yourself; they'll also chat with you about yourself to get a better feeling of who you are as a person. It's good to dress nicely, not too casual, but you don't need to wear a suit either. Appearance-wise, make sure you show off your best physical features and try not to wear too much crazy makeup or seem to outrageous--Keep everything natural-looking basically. Women are hired as models (sales associate) or impactors but males can only work as impactors.

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Interview

group setting with common questions

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks.

Interview

I was recruited in the store by a manager and she gave me a private interview right away even though I heard they usually hold group interviews. We went out into the mall and basically just chatted for 15 minutes. It didn't seem like an interview. She hired me on the spot and then I was given a free uniform.

Interview Questions

• She just asked what I was good at and what I did for fun.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Pre-req's: come to the interview wearing clothing as close to the current AAA's (employee uniforms) as possible. If you're unsure, your best bet is something similar to dark-wash jeans, a fancy white tank, and flip flops or neutral chucks. If you were recruited, you will more than likely be hired. The hiring process is heavily based on your looks, honestly.

Group interview: simple. The manager asks questions and you answer. Be FRIENDLY. SMILEY. They love them bubbly associates.

Questions asked were things like, "How would you describe yourself?" (outgoing, friendly, organized) "How would your friends describe you? (personable, agreeable)"How would you describe the company?" (comfy, classy) "What is diversity to you?" (being different) "Why is it important?" (we want to reach out to everyone!) "Tell me a time you helped an unsatisfied customer"

When they ask you if you have any questions for them at the end, it's always great to ask them what they love about working at the company.

I heard back from the manager a day after my interview, but it can take up to a month for them to contact you, I've heard.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why is diversity important?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Discussion of availability: they'll want you most on peak days (Fri, Sat, Sun, holidays)

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very easy! I walked in and applied in the store. I said I had previous experience in a similar role, was invited to one interview at a cafe, and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why is diversity important in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks (Aurora, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I was shopping in the store and was approached by one of the managers asking if I was interested in working there. I was in college and needed a part-time job so I gave her my information. I received a phone call the next day for an interview later in the week. Interviewed in a group setting. Basic questions, some behavioral. Easy interview process, they basically want to see how personable you are and what type of position you qualify for. But their main focus is definitely appearance. Managers were always really nice and didn't make the interview process awkward at all.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you went above and beyond to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question