Gilt Groupe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gilt Groupe Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe.

Interview

Submitted application through campus online job portal -- interviewed on campus. They cared about the process and reasoning of your answer. Fair questions just wasn't prepared -- never got back to me with me a result however so I assume it was a rejection.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process progressed fairly quickly: phone interview one week, in-person interview the next week, and offer the week after that. I prepared by researching the role and drew comparisons from the job description to what I do now-- speaking to my ability to adapt to this specific role even though I have not worked in the merchant space before this offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gilt?   1 Answer
    • What have you done in previous roles relevant to this role?   1 Answer

Counsel Interview

Interview

Received an email from HR 30-45 days after I applied for the position. Very generic email. The HR screener was in person. HR didn't look over my resume before inviting me in. Very frustrating experience overall

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe in August 2016.

Interview

The process seemed kind of unorganized. The first round was a technical telephone interview where the interviewer called half an hour late since he honestly thought the interview started half an hour later than it actually was scheduled for for some reason.

I thought it was pretty odd that HR scheduled an hour an a half interview, not sure if that was the reason for the delayed start time issue. The interview itself took like 30-40 minutes though.

Never got any follow up from HR after that.

Interview Questions

• Some basic HTTP knowledge, a tree problem, and some SQL   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in mid April. HR got back to me a week after to set up a short introductory phone call. After the phone call (~10 minutes), HR set up an hour long technical interview where they give you a coding question on codeshare and ask you to solve the question while the tech recruiter on the phone watches as you're typing online. After the tech interview, tech recruiter said I would hear back in a few days, but its been over two weeks and still no response even after two follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• How to change the entries of all the nodes of an entire level of a tree given a tree and and a level k.   1 Answer

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I've been on a lot of interviews - some positive and some negative but never have I had such a horrible experience. I interviewed with 2 people who were very nice and informative. I was ready to leave when the second interviewer told me he would get someone else to come meet me. I sat in the room for about 40 minutes at which point I really had to go back to my current job. I walked over to reception to ask what happened and she emailed my second interviewer. A few moments later she told me I can leave.

I am a completely practical person - I have NO issues dealing with rejection - it's a learning process and a way to get to know your strengths and weaknesses but seriously Gilt??

Interview Questions

• Have you used Business Intelligence tools in the past   1 Answer

Inbound Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (Louisville, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

Both my manager and his boss were present for my interview. It was very comfortable and not too long of a process. I brought my resume and we discussed skills, interests, previous work history and personal life. I am a jewelry maker so we also talked about that and I brought my business cards for them to have if they wanted to see my work.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY).

Interview

Initiated application process through employee referral. Then applied online through the company's careers page. First had to go through a self-recording interview. Then invited to visit the NY office to go through two in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions -- Please walk me through your resume, how do you think you can contribute to the role that you're applying, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was extremely unprofessional and was the main reason for my voluntary withdrawal from candidacy. She did not understand the position at all and clearly did not listen to me during the phone screen. After I pre-empted her question by including "why Gilt" in my self intro, she asked me why I wanted to join the company. At the end of the phone interview, she made a comment that immediately put the company at the bottom of the list of companies with which I was already speaking: "Well, there's a lot of tech talent in New York, so I don't know if we will pay for a flight for an in-person interview" - to which I thought, "well, there are lot of higher-potential tech companies here in Silicon Valley, so I don't know if I'll want to fly out to NY for an interview with you."

About a month later, I received an e-mail asking me to speak with their VP of Products. As I had already accepted an offer at one of the fastest-growing companies in Silicon Valley, I promptly withdrew my candidacy without a second thought.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why are you leaving your current company?
      Why Gilt?
      What's your software development process like?
      Do you plan to come out to New York anytime soon? (followed by "we may not pay for your flight)
      Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gilt Groupe (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with 3 members of the BD Team for a half hour each. They were all very nice, and seemed bright. All 3 expressed that it's a challenging position and if you're used to selling on a daily basis this is not the role for you, as it takes several months to close deals.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the role? Give an example of a brand you would try to acquire, and how would you go about it?   Answer Question