Girl Scouts USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.7

Strategic Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Girl Scouts USA (Freeport, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Made it to an initial phone interview. Very positive. Was told they would be in touch but never heard a word even after attempts to contact them. On the slightly positive side was flexible in placement in other open positions.

Interview Questions

• Desired Salary, if I would mind travel, do I mind obstinate clients.   Answer Question

Membership Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Girl Scouts USA (Ventura, CA).

Interview

Group interview, in the office with the Director of Membership and another Membership Manager. Be prepared for an elevator speech, meaning, how would you sell Girl Scouts to a person who has never heard of them before?

Interview Questions

• What is the Mission Statement of Girl Scouts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was originally not given the position. After the other applicant turned down the offer I was offered the position.

Member Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Girl Scouts USA (Freeport, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied for position online and heard from them within a week. First interview was several weeks out. Interviewed face to face with 2 directors. Both very friendly but interview was quite intense. They said a decision would be made within the month and I heard less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• Time when you had to deal with a situation where you messed up before anyone knew and how you handled it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Interview

This was definitely the most unprofessional experience I've ever had interviewing with a company. After each interview, it took them weeks to let me know if I've made it to the next part of the process. I first had a phone interview with the Director (sometime in March), then an in-person interview, then another phone interview (with another Director who called me at 8pm one night) and then a month later, I was emailed (out of the blue) to do a Skype interview the same exact day. I told her it was a little short notice because of my work schedule and she told me she would contact me in a few weeks after her PTO. This was May 19th. Almost a month later (June 22nd), I have yet to hear from her. Typical. I have pretty much given up on this position and hate that I wasted my time interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was initially contacted by a GS representative. She did a basic phone interview with me (which I was completely unprepared for). She told me that she would forward my information to the hiring manager. About two weeks later I was called in for an interview. This took place at the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio location in Blue Ash. Two women interviewed me, and it was very relaxed. The entire interview took about an hour. One day later, I was invited to come in for a second interview. This time I had to give a mock presentation to the two initial interviewers, and present information that would make people want to volunteer for GS.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Girl Scouts?   1 Answer
    • Give a time where you had to work with someone who didn't agree with you/didn't share your values.   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Product Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Girl Scouts USA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I was really excited to apply with Girl Scouts as I have always admired the organization's mission. I applied online from their website to a third party company. I received a phone message from the third party company that said they had a few questions for me, returned call but did not hear back from them. I was then called the following week by GS and was asked in for a preliminary interview with another Program Manager. The interviewer was really friendly in a more casual interview. I was told I'd be asked in for a second interview for sure when the Product Program Director would be back in the office. (I had not asked about salary in the first interview since it would seem that the interviewer would be an equal to the position I was pursuing and it was just the first interview.) The following week, the third party company called me and was unaware that I had already been interviewed. They wanted to follow up with me and let me know the salary range and was told the salary range would be $32-$42K. Unfortunately this was significantly less than what I was already making and was hoping to make in my next position. The third party said they would ask GS if the salary would be negotiable and call me back. Later that same day, the Director called me for the second interview with her and the CEO. Apparently, the third party had not been in touch with her to let her know my request to negotiate. She mentioned that unfortunately as a non-profit, that is the typical range for manager level positions (at least in GS). The range I was looking for was more at the Director level and above; however, most of the current directors had been in their positions for a while. That is one thing that I noticed when I researched current employees on LinkedIn. . . they had all been there for a while. Which in my mind would seem as if it would be a great place to work if people stayed, they must really enjoy their job. I was really sad to turn down the second interview. The Director was very nice and understood, she wished me luck on my job search.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to handle a difficult situation working with volunteers.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Girl Scouts USA in May 2016.

Interview

The initial phone call included questions about my prior experiences and how they fell in comparison to the job I was seeking. I was asked to give some background on myself. The next step was a face to face interview with who would be my immediate supervisor, the questions mirrored my initial phone interview. The third step was a face to face with the other two employees who serve in the same capacity. I listened mostly during this step and was given more knowledge on their day to day experiences. About a week later I followed up and was told that the process was coming to a close and that a decision would be made between the top two candidates and either way I would receive an update regardless of whether I was to get an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a detailed person or a big picture person?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I chose to accept the position because it is a great company to work for.I would recommend discussing any prepaid or pre-planned vacation time you have, in case you may lose money.

Waterfront Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Girl Scouts USA (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The camp director emailed me to set up a time for a phone interview. The call lasted about thirty minutes. They asked me to write a mock letter to a parent and set up a time for a Skype interview because I was out-of-state. I was offered the job during the Skype interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Girl Scouts USA (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy to the point. Very basic questions. GS were very responsive in contacting me with next steps. Total 4 weeks from beginning to end to complete. They were very apologetic to me when the position status changed. I was recommended for another position. No word yet on that job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for GS?   1 Answer

Program Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Girl Scouts USA.

Interview

Brief application, no interview. Needed three references, but they never contacted them. Very easy to apply to as I was a girl scout and knew the person running the summer camp