Givaudan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Givaudan

3.1

Compounder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Interview

Phone interview only 2 days after I submitted my resume but a month later they never called back to offer or decline. It would be nice if they just let me know that it's a no instead of me waiting and getting my hopes up because I worked very hard on my responses and they seemed to not even be interested.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

I applied online with a cold application. Heard back 10 days after applying with a phone call from HR. The entire process took 2 months. I interviewed at Givaudan's Mount Olive facility in NJ.

Interview (4 rounds)
    I first had a phone screen with HR on my cultural and qualification fit. Basic questions on my goals, my degree and some skill based questions. Next round was with the hiring manager which was over the phone and lasted 45 mins. The entire interview was situation questions with one or two questions about assessing your knowledge in manufacturing. They want you to show leadership ability, manufacturing experience, and most of all an ability to work in a team environment.

From there I was invited to Mount Olive for their third & final round of interviews. The third round consisted of 3 interviews with teams of 2 people. All of these employees are in some way related to your job and are senior managers with atleast 20+ years of experience at the company. They were all very friendly, kind and professional. They were interested in learning about all of the details about the projects I did to understand how I approach a problem and solve it, my skillset and personality. Also my use of lean six sigma tools in manufacturing environment.

The final part of the process is the case Study. At this stage I was one of two final candidates vying for the position. I had to make a presentation on how I would approach solving a problem with one of their machines from a high level perspective, implementation and the expected result. I got to interact a lot with the senior managers during this presentation.

Overall, it was a positive albeit long interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you increase the first pass yield of a machine and implement a plan to generate your expected results?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, upper management in development team, and hr. Very slow response

Interview Questions

• Give an example of previous project from beginning to end   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotiable

Quality Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Givaudan (East Hanover, NJ) in November 2018.

Interview

Terrible. I was contacted by HR after a year. I was excited took a day off and went in for interview. The manager didn't even review my resume ahead of time. I applied for 1st shift, he thought I was going for second shift. One message for management in QC department doing instrument. Good that you have been with company for 15+ years but dont be ignorant and rude to not know about the position and candidate's profile. Everyones time is important just like yours.

Interview Questions

• Right now we are full staff, can you work second shift in future if we need you   1 Answer

Liquid Compounder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan (Newark, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

was hired through a temp agency, worked my tail off for seven months and eventually got an offer to be hired full time in an entry level position. after a year i was evaluated and promoted multiple times

Applications Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Givaudan (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very short. I met with a lab supervisor and a lab manager. Both seemed rather uninterested as if they had made a decision on another candidate already and was just extending a courtesy by interviewing me. I received a tour of the lab, which was beautiful. Wish the process had turned out differently because i was very enthusiastic about the opening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what were your strengths, explained the position and asked how my previous experience could relate.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Applied online and managed to get an interview after two weeks of communicating through email. they offered the internship for 6 months but no offer was given.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2019.

Interview

About two weeks after applying I was contacted via email to conduct a phone interview with a member of the marketing team. The phone interview went really well, and about a couple days - a week after I was invited to the Cincinnati office for a panel-style interview which lasted almost 3 hours. It was only scheduled to last for 2 hours but I didn’t mind because I thought it meant things were going well.

Prior to the in-person interviews I was tasked with a project where I had to research a particular trend and then provide an industry suggestion based on the trends. The final format of the presentation was to be your choice of some sort a digital media.

During the interview I presented this 2 or 3 times and each time, I was consistently getting nothing but positive feedback.

Near the end I spoke with a member of the HR department and at this time she’s asked me about compensation expectations. She explained to me that if i were hired I would receive a phone call as well as a letter in the mail and even told me about next steps of conducting a background check, a physical, and a drug screening. I thought the interview went really, really well (based on the feedback I was getting). She said I would hear back from them within a week.

About a day or two after the interview I sent and email thanking the team for meeting with me and so on. Following this email I was told I would hear back with a decision in about 2 weeks, an additional week later than I was originally told. I let the two weeks go by and I sent another follow email restating my interest in the position and politely requesting and updates on the decision process. I never got a response. About 2 weeks later I sent yet another email, essentially saying the same thing and still I never heard back.

It’s not been two months since I interviews and I’ve obviously taken the silence as a “you didn’t get the job”. I am disappointed that I didn’t get the job because I was so thrilled about the company and this position, and they also gave me sooooo much great feedback that they made it seem like I had really won the position (mind you they need to fill 3 spots of the same position so I thought I had really great odds). Unfortunately this was not the case and that’s okay. There’s always going to be some better, or more qualified.

I just wish I was valued enough to at least be sent a rejection email, phone call, letter, something! Had I received some notice that I did not get the position I would have asked questions to help me understand why, that way I can make necessary changes or adjustments if I ever decided to re-apply with the company or I could have used their feedback in my future endeavors.

I have to say that this felt really sloppy to me and it’s very unfortunate that they weren’t more attentive to things like this. It was incredibly rude and just really bad business. I’d love to say it was just a mistake and I was the one who slipped through the cracks but I sent multiple emails, none of which were responded to. I can’t help but to feel this was intentional and careless

Interview Questions

• Asked to prepare a presentation about a food trend that I was asked to identify.   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

It was quite a fast process to arrange the interview. Interview were conducted professionally. Recruiter has well knowledge of the position. All in all it took around 3 weeks to finalise the hiring.

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online in January.
    The first round is to answer a series of questions related to your past experience and leadership. And a few weeks later. there was a phone screen by the HR in charge (2nd round). The phone interview was very relaxed and asked about the previous questions I answered. A few weeks after the phone screen, there was an online test (SHL numerical and verbal), which served as the third round. Another few weeks later after the online test, an email told me that I was qualified for the assessment center. I attended the AC in May, which consists of activities such impromptu presentations, group exercises and reflection activities. There were 6 out 12 candidates passed the AC. After the AC, there was a panel interview on the next day.

Interview Questions

• What has been the biggest challenge in your career/personal development so far (can be in context of your current position if any, or during your academic years)? And given a chance again, what do you think you could have done better to overcome the challenge?   Answer Question