Givaudan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Givaudan Interview Questions

Interviews at Givaudan

3.1

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan (Mumbai (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Very Intense, Need to thorough Industry knowledge, Need to be abreast with the latest consumer trends. Panel Interview.
    Interviewers were quite authoritative .
    Interview process very exhaustive
    Hiring process was quite long.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I attended a Skype interview with one HR Mgr, than the 2nd with the same HR Mgr and the General Mgr, than the 3rd with a Global/Regional Quality Mgr.
    All was very professional and they were very nice and their quesitions were really to the point, so I was very positive about working for this company.
    Than I was asked to fill in 2 types of questionnaires/tests, one was a personality test and the other was a numerical test (it took almost 4 hours to do it).
    Than I was invited to a personal interview with a bunch of people.
    First the former job holder for the Quality Mgr role shared some information with me and showed the actual quality operation very quickly for 20 min, than I was given another 25 min to prepare for a presentation how I would make changes for the quality department.
    I felt I was not given the proper information for the tasks (when I asked direct questions -at least twice- for the relevant information I was told by the former position holder it wont be given to me, than nicely I answered, ok no problem, I will figure it out while we just talk in general) and I missed a "little warming time" to be ready to formulate my opinion or feel relaxed to make a presentation.
    Than I did the presentation in front of the HR Mgr, General Mgr, the former position holder.
    Than I had an interview with the HR Mgr and the General Mgr, and a short discussion with the Planning Mgr and the Production Mgr.
    Finally spending a little time again with the former position holder to make another technical test/discussion.
    A few days later I was called by one of the HR Mgr that I was not selected for the position, that I could understand fully as my presentation was not at that level I think it should be, however all the other test/interviews went well.
    In overall I think it is a great company, very sofisticated selection/recruiting process, a lot of nice people working there.
    My conclusion was that I could have been more open during my presentation to share in front of everybody what kind of information I was given and turn the presentation into a kind of discussion to see what is their expectation and what they are looking for.
    Well, I learned from the process and become mose senior how to handle a similar situation if ever comes again. I was new to this industry, it contributed to the situation, I was not quick to understand their culture or daily life.
    If you have experience in flavour and frangnance industry, I would recommend to join the company. My experience was more positive, than negative as a result of the frustration I felt by the 1st presentation task in the way how it was organised.

Interview Questions

• Help them to see a plan how the quality department can contribute to grow the business in the light of sales challenges in the matured European market, how to help on internal collaboration and solve issues with the customers.   Answer Question

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2019.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via e-mail about the opportunity, 2 weeks later I had to attend the interview with the Team leader and a member of HR. They got back to me real quick to say I was chosen for the 2nd round, which would be through video call, same for the 3rd round. They were very professional and seemed interested in me,

Interview Questions

• General question - experience with examples, tough situations, positive and negative qualities, expectations, plans for the future.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

It was one of the most organized process. They have people handling Talent scouting and they update the candidate on the process, next steps. The people were friendly and try to find out about the attitude and fitment of the person rather than going by just CV / Education.

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to adapt to the company ?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

I was contacted after submitting the CV via Linkedin. I had to do a phone screening followed by a round of interview on-site (Veriner) with the Hiring Manager and other stakeholders.

Afterwards I advanded to the next stage where I had to do an assignment on a real-life work situation and I also did a peer interview.

Having passed this step I was invited to an interview with the HRD.

In total the process took four months, however there was holiday season in the meantime so the timeline was slightly delayed.

Excellent communication throughout the process by the HR Recruiter, I was always informed if there were delays. Very helpful also to answer questions and other inquiries.

Overall a very positive experience in terms of the people involved and the process.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects did you manage in your current job?   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest project did you manage in your career?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Geneva (Switzerland)) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruitment agency about this company I never heard about. I first had a phone interview then 2 face to face interviews.
    It's quite straight forward and you get queried about your experience based on your CV.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interviews : give me an example where you demonstrated project planning skills...   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Budapest (Hungary)) in December 2018.

Interview

Recruiter was so knowledgeable about the role and introduced me well to the company. In addition the hiring manager was friendly and very dynamic during the interview, so I didn't feel any barrier to join a new company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a problem or challenging scenario you faced in your previous work.   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Givaudan (Geneva (Switzerland)) in May 2018.

Interview

Overall, 3 interview steps: with HR, than a second one with a team (the hiring manager, HR lead and the head of the function) and afterwards with the main stakeholder. I was impressed with the speed of the overall interviewing process, the speed of responses and the professionalism of the team during interviewing but as well during the offer and contract discussions.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

Call by HR, face to face interview with HR, SHL test, then invited to an assessment center (where I got eliminated). After an assessment center, there should be a panel interview with the big shots.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Givaudan?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

The initial phase starts with an aptitude test which can be done online. They will then select shortlisted candidates for a face to face interview followed by a final assessment center.