Givaudan Quality Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Givaudan

1 Interview Review

4.0

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I attended a Skype interview with one HR Mgr, than the 2nd with the same HR Mgr and the General Mgr, than the 3rd with a Global/Regional Quality Mgr.
All was very professional and they were very nice and their quesitions were really to the point, so I was very positive about working for this company.
Than I was asked to fill in 2 types of questionnaires/tests, one was a personality test and the other was a numerical test (it took almost 4 hours to do it).
Than I was invited to a personal interview with a bunch of people.
First the former job holder for the Quality Mgr role shared some information with me and showed the actual quality operation very quickly for 20 min, than I was given another 25 min to prepare for a presentation how I would make changes for the quality department.
I felt I was not given the proper information for the tasks (when I asked direct questions -at least twice- for the relevant information I was told by the former position holder it wont be given to me, than nicely I answered, ok no problem, I will figure it out while we just talk in general) and I missed a "little warming time" to be ready to formulate my opinion or feel relaxed to make a presentation.
Than I did the presentation in front of the HR Mgr, General Mgr, the former position holder.
Than I had an interview with the HR Mgr and the General Mgr, and a short discussion with the Planning Mgr and the Production Mgr.
Finally spending a little time again with the former position holder to make another technical test/discussion.
A few days later I was called by one of the HR Mgr that I was not selected for the position, that I could understand fully as my presentation was not at that level I think it should be, however all the other test/interviews went well.
In overall I think it is a great company, very sofisticated selection/recruiting process, a lot of nice people working there.
My conclusion was that I could have been more open during my presentation to share in front of everybody what kind of information I was given and turn the presentation into a kind of discussion to see what is their expectation and what they are looking for.
Well, I learned from the process and become mose senior how to handle a similar situation if ever comes again. I was new to this industry, it contributed to the situation, I was not quick to understand their culture or daily life.
If you have experience in flavour and frangnance industry, I would recommend to join the company. My experience was more positive, than negative as a result of the frustration I felt by the 1st presentation task in the way how it was organised.

Interview Questions

• Help them to see a plan how the quality department can contribute to grow the business in the light of sales challenges in the matured European market, how to help on internal collaboration and solve issues with the customers.   Answer Question