Glass Lewis & Co Junior Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Glass Lewis & Co

2.5

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glass Lewis & Co (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was long. The company almost exclusively hires for permanent research positions through its temp pool because the temps are already a known quantity and have already been evaluated on the basis of their work in the office. If they like you, there are several rounds of meetings with hiring managers and a research analysis writing test if that's the position you applied for. This test is difficult, but should not be a problem for a candidate that made it to this step in the interview. My only beef is that they can be very unresponsive between interview rounds and people have waited months to get a straight 'yes' or 'no' from the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What are some research areas that you think can be improved?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Glass Lewis & Co

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glass Lewis & Co (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied via Glass Lewis' career portal.

Just two days later, I received an invitation from HR to complete a diagnostic online assessment. The test is required to continue in the process. The diagnostic online assessment consisted of two portions timed for 20 minutes each (40 minutes total). The first half of the assessment consisted of reading a sample proxy statement and writing a persuasive response. The second half is related to executive compensation (it includes some calculations and vocabulary).

Completed the exam the next day. The next day, I received an invitation for an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of a 3-to-1 interview. They had copies of my resume and cover letter and asked me more of interests with the company, corporate governance, what I knew about executive compensation. They also took the time to explain the structure of their work and the cyclical/seasonal nature of the job.

The next day, I got an email from HR for a second on-site interview scheduled for the following the week. Simultaneously, on the day of the second round interview, I also got another request to complete another assessment focused on reading comprehension and writing, timed for 45 minutes total. Completed the on-site (which was more behavioral, and it was meeting more managers/directors) and the assessment on the same day.

Two days after completing the second interview, I received another invitation for the third and final round interview with a Senior VP. This interview was conversational.

Received an offer the next afternoon. Overall, a very enjoyable process and was a very quick turnaround.

Interview Questions

• Why corporate governance?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in a research position as opposed to consulting?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to present information to upper management.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you dealt with a difficult client.   Answer Question