Glassdoor Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2018

3.3

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online. My background is a bit non-traditional, so I was sure to include a cover letter, which the recruiter said really helped to connect the dots for him and allowed me to move forward in the interview process. There was a phone screen, which was professional, but warm and extremely transparent (in a good way).

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Mar 29, 2018 – Senior Director, Human Resources

So happy to hear you had a positive interview experience with us! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, and we wish you the best of luck on your job search.

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

5 step interview process. Starts on the phone working with HR and one of the Senior Managers. Demo call then in person interviews with managers and then finally the Director

Interview Questions

• How will my sales background translate to selling Glassdoor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Thorough and transparent interview process comprised of 5 separate interviews:
    1. Call with recruiter
    2. Call with hiring manager
    3. Discovery call / role play presentation with 2 hiring managers
    4. On-site interview with 2 managers
    5. On-site interview with the Director of Sales

Lengthier interview process, but I could tell Glassdoor puts a lot of emphasis on ensuring you are the right fit for the role. My recruiter James was awesome and incredibly helpful throughout this process! I felt prepared going into each interview. Everyone that I met with was very pleasant and clear on what they are looking for and how to succeed. The office is amazing! My two biggest pieces of advice would be to practice before the discovery call and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why sales?
      2. Why Glassdoor?
      3. What motivates you?
      4. What would your coworkers say are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

A Glassdoor recruiter contacted me after I had applied for an AE role online (LinkedIn) to schedule a phone screening. Following the phone screen I was asked to have a second call with Director of Sales. Next round of the interview process was a "role play" presentation/pitch over video conference. You are asked to set up a PPT to present. I presented to two managers. Next round was to meet Sales Managers and Sales Director at office. Received an offer less than one week following the on-site meeting. Each person I met and spoke with through the interview process was extremely friendly and overall very enjoyable to work with.

Interview Questions

• What attribute do you have that sets you apart from the next candidate?   Answer Question
    • What type of work environment are you looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive, 4 rounds of interviews (phone interview, in person interview, sales pitch, final in person interview. I spent a lot of time preparing for each interview by utilizing the resources that the recruiter sent me and doing research of my own. I highly recommend reading through the website and doing research on each person that you're interviewing with. The whole process took about two weeks. Communication throughout the process was top notch, the recruiter contacted me shortly after each step to give me feedback and invite me to the next round.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1st step was a quick phone call with the recruiter to go over the role and a quick review of my background. From there we moved quickly to a face-face interview with 2 team managers who dove into my background further and talked expectations of the role. After that I had to do a mock sales presentation using on of their actual prospects as the 'client' that took about 25 minutes. Final step was to meet with the office director for a much more informal conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very intentional throughout. Chadd was my recruiter contact and communicated openly, and very timely at every step.

I enjoyed meeting the many managers and hearing about the role and ups/downs of the company. Glassdoor is very transparent and they model that from day one.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest part of the sales process and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied mid-September, and the entire process took about 2 weeks. There are 5 parts to the interview process:
    HR phone screen
    hiring manager - phone interview
    remote screenshare presentation about Glassdoor (30 minutes)
    in-person meeting with 2 other hiring managers
    an in person meeting with sales director

It is by far the most strenuous interview process I have ever undergone, but it was worth it. Great company, culture and salesforce. My recruiter was awesome! He gave me complete transparency through out the entire process. You go J!

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers say are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Oct 25, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our interview process is tailored to work with you, the candidate, to look for the right match for both you and Glassdoor. We also want to share as much as... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiting manager, who asked detailed questions. Next, a phone screen scheduled for 30 minutes with a hiring manager who was 15 minutes late. The call seemed totally irrelevant - he said at the beginning it was just to make sure "we're on the same page" and set up a presentation.

During the mock presentation, I was given materials to prepare and mastered the scripts and materials they asked of me and added some of my own styling. Despite having a very successful track record in sales, the role players went out of their way to be disengaged and unexcited during the presentation, and afterward gave feedback that I should have asked "what they enjoy most about working at their company" and "didn't ask open-ended enough questions" that were "yes or no" despite none of the questions I prepared could have been answered with a yes or no and were more to dive into their strategies for recruiting and branding.

They were on their computers the whole time and only reconnected during the interview to look up every now and again.

I was also told some of the language I used was the most "softball/layup sales language" imaginable despite the fact and they overlooked all other positives of the presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Thorough interview process. Recruiter phone screen, manager phone screen, presentation and then in person. My recruiter James was awesome throughout the process. He was super transparent and really excited about the role.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Nov 28, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

So glad to hear you had a positive experience with us! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and tell us about it! Carmel