Glassdoor Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Glassdoor Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a phone screening with a recruiter from USA, everything went smoothly, they going to build a small team in Dublin, most the questions are sales related, team work and why with glassdoor

Interview Questions

• When you realise you interested in sales?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. 2 phone screens, the pitch, and a 2 hour on site final round interview. The recruiters were very helpful and the conversations got more in depth as you went along. The pitch was the hardest part but they give you documents and information to prepare beforehand so it was explained very well. The on site interview was the most interesting as you were able to see and understand how the team operates and what they do on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• A difficult brain teaser to decipher how you 1) would solve the problem and 2) how you would articulate it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was very surprised that considering Glassdoor is a company that helps people find a job, that their process would not only be long and tedious, but also that the recruiter for this position would be unhelpful and unprofessional. I was an employee referral and had it not been out of respect to that employee, I would have pulled my name from consideration.

The overall process is only 4 rounds so it's not too bad, but that's assuming filling this position is a priority for them- if it's not, then be prepared to wait. It took me over 7 weeks to get through all 4 stages, that's awfully excessive for a $45k salary. Just to put this into perspective, it took over four weeks from the time I did my presentation till they scheduled my in person interview. It took two weeks for the recruiter to even tell me I made it through to the next round, then another two weeks for them to schedule it. I sent multiple follow up emails and none of them were returned, until it was convenient for them.

Just a little tip to the recruiter, if you have to begin every e-mail with "Sorry for the delay", you should probably ask for help with time organization.

If they don't offer you the position, they will provide you with "constructive feedback". Can't speak for everyone else, but my feedback was wildly inaccurate. Apparently I would have been a better fit for new business, but I haven't worked in new business development in over two years and didn't mention any of my new business experience in my interview- so like I said, wildly inaccurate.

The first two steps are pretty easy and straight forward, the first was an HR screening where they tell you about the position and the salary, etc.. Then after that you have another phone conversation with the hiring manager, again, the questions are pretty straight forward. After that you will move onto a presentation, where you have to give a mock renewal call with two sales managers and a team member acting as employees of that business. The recruiter will "prep" you for this, but personally, she provided me no information to the questions I asked that I found useful. Little hint: at the end of the presentation they will tell you they need to talk internally, you must ask to schedule a follow up call to touch base or your odds of moving on are decreased. Then if you make it through the presentation, they'll bring you in for a series of interviews with the hiring manager, another sales manager, the department head, and two current members of the team. The department head will ask you a brain teaser about 9 balls and 1 weighs different--you can Google it to find the answer.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Mar 24, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We know that it is a delicate exercise to interview while team and headcount planning is occurring, and we are very sorry that timing... More

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of an hour long phone conversation. I was asked about my proficiency in excel and if I was familiar with pivot tables and ok working in excel daily. The second interview was in person where I met with three people, including the CEO of the company. In my in person meeting, we went through the day to day at Glassdoor and how my skill set would fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to use pivot tables in excel?   1 Answer
    • What knowledge do you have with coding?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate salary, but I was able to negotiate equity and get much more than originally offered. When I asked for more equity a second time, the second request wasn't honored but I still got more from the original amount offered and they were not upset at all with my requests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received screening call from recruiter, followed by a call with hiring manager. I thought the call went well but I was completely ghosted by both the hiring manager and recruiter even after attempted follow ups. Had to see for myself that the position was removed from the site at a later date... I assume the position was filled.

Echoing what other reviewers have said; I'm disappointed that I wasn't communicated with properly, especially from Glassdoor; a company that is supposed to hold transparency and valuable feedback as core values.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Jan 15, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for letting us know what happened in your process. I have checked in with the AM recruiter because we take candidate communication very seriously. This recruiter has the longest... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very fun and interactive process. The process was a total of 4 interviews. The first interview was with a Recruiter and very standard phone-screening questions. It was extremely conversation. The second was with the Hiring Manager and went over more interview, behavioral questions. The third was my favorite part- the product pitch and mock call. Glassdoor's recruiter provided me with various different resources and slide decks for preparation for the 45 call. The final interview was two hours and with 4 different Glassdoor employees (Hiring Manager, Director of Sales, Account Executive, Account Manager)

Interview Questions

• What would you like to accomplish in your first 30, 60, 90 days?   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We are so glad you had a positive interview experience with us! Sales presentation interviews can be challenging, and we're glad you felt prepared and supported by our recruiting team throughout the... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Seamless interview process with fantastic people throughout! Step 1: initial call with recruiter Linda to get a better feel of
    your background and cultural fit Step 2: 30 minute interview with Team Lead in this case Kyle- who is thoughtful, ask good questions and gives very in depth quality answers to yourquestions. This again is to get a feel for cultural fit and previous experience Step 3: Mock Sales Renewal pitch - they give you materials
    To help get you started and a guide of what they are looking for. This piece is really hard and requires a ton of preparation. Start way ahead of time and practice as much as possible beforehand. Know the Discovery Questions process through and through. Afterwards they give feedback which is really helpful. Step 4: 30 minute interviews with 4 different people at different levels. This is to ask some
    Scenerio questions but is to assure you will be a good fit with everyone.

Overall really positive experience. Linda is a great contact throughout. Every person I spoke with at Glassdoor was positive,
    Energetic and transparent. Nothing negative to report.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Nov 12, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some positive feedback! We truly strive to provide a great experience for every candidate who takes the time to interview with us, and we're so happy to... More

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screening, a video interview with the hiring manager, a video mock sales pitch, and an in-person panel interview. Communication from all involved parties was prompt, kind, and clear. Both the hiring manager and the Talent Acquisition Manager were incredibly responsive to my questions and worked to keep me in the loop throughout the whole process. Interviewing for a new role is always nerve-racking, but Glassdoor makes the experience as straightforward as possible!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got an opportunity to visit the office and meet almost everyone I would be working with on a day-to-day basis. There were quite a few interviews (5 including the mock presentation), so it took about a month from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing in your career history that you regret?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a spot in their upcoming Chicago Office. The phone interview was first and pretty basic. Explaining myself, current position and what I was looking for. Next, the recruiter sent me a personality/sales type quiz. It took over an hour and it was a lot of math and other random questions. I thought it was a huge waste of my time. The next step was a Skype interview with two growth managers. The recruiter who set up the times seemed a little unorganized. The actual interview was just ok. The growth managers seemed uninterested in the interview, not making a lot of eye contact. They were both late and what I thought was a little unprofessional was the girl twirling her hair and looking down. I couldn't find where the office in Chicago was going to be opened and I asked her and she responded like it was some big secret and I should've have asked. A simple no would've done. It wasn't a hard interview. I went over my current job experience and what I could bring to the table. The last guy that interviewed me said he had to cut it short and disconnected the call. I wasn't sure what would happen or the time frame of the next steps until I reached out to the recruiter again.

Interview Questions

• Why Glassdoor?
      What do you know about Glassdoor?
      How do you feel cold calling?
      What do you do to maintain current sales relationships you have?   Answer Question

Nov 11, 2015 – Director of Account Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and giving us feedback. We agree with you! It is difficult to interview over Skype, from both a candidate perspective and an employer... More