Glassdoor Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Glassdoor Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was very surprised that considering Glassdoor is a company that helps people find a job, that their process would not only be long and tedious, but also that the recruiter for this position would be unhelpful and unprofessional. I was an employee referral and had it not been out of respect to that employee, I would have pulled my name from consideration.

The overall process is only 4 rounds so it's not too bad, but that's assuming filling this position is a priority for them- if it's not, then be prepared to wait. It took me over 7 weeks to get through all 4 stages, that's awfully excessive for a $45k salary. Just to put this into perspective, it took over four weeks from the time I did my presentation till they scheduled my in person interview. It took two weeks for the recruiter to even tell me I made it through to the next round, then another two weeks for them to schedule it. I sent multiple follow up emails and none of them were returned, until it was convenient for them.

Just a little tip to the recruiter, if you have to begin every e-mail with "Sorry for the delay", you should probably ask for help with time organization.

If they don't offer you the position, they will provide you with "constructive feedback". Can't speak for everyone else, but my feedback was wildly inaccurate. Apparently I would have been a better fit for new business, but I haven't worked in new business development in over two years and didn't mention any of my new business experience in my interview- so like I said, wildly inaccurate.

The first two steps are pretty easy and straight forward, the first was an HR screening where they tell you about the position and the salary, etc.. Then after that you have another phone conversation with the hiring manager, again, the questions are pretty straight forward. After that you will move onto a presentation, where you have to give a mock renewal call with two sales managers and a team member acting as employees of that business. The recruiter will "prep" you for this, but personally, she provided me no information to the questions I asked that I found useful. Little hint: at the end of the presentation they will tell you they need to talk internally, you must ask to schedule a follow up call to touch base or your odds of moving on are decreased. Then if you make it through the presentation, they'll bring you in for a series of interviews with the hiring manager, another sales manager, the department head, and two current members of the team. The department head will ask you a brain teaser about 9 balls and 1 weighs different--you can Google it to find the answer.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Mar 24, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We know that it is a delicate exercise to interview while team and headcount planning is occurring, and we are very sorry that timing... More

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

The process was a bit lengthy, but only b/c they are growing like crazy and need to get spots filled quickly. I had a phone screening with a recruiter, came in to meet with the hiring manager, then had a sales pitch for three members of the team (definitely a challenging aspect, but great feedback). From there I was called back in to meet with the hiring manager again and then three other managers/senior members of the team. Everyone here is incredibly helpful and transparent about the job and what working at Glassdoor is like!

Interview Questions

• A lot of personality questions-they want to make sure you a culture fit. It is very important.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process of the interview was pretty standard. Started off with the recruiter, met with the hiring manager onsite, followed up by a presentation (where you play the role of the AM and assign roles to three people of the organization within your book of business).

Throughout the whole process, it was super difficult to get a hold of the recruiter. We had our initial call set up and then I found out the call wasn't going to happen. The recruiter asked me for another time, I provided that but no response for a good four to five days. Once the onsite was set up, the communication again went dark for quite some time. After my presentation, I gave it a few days before I follow up because I know the team had to debrief. I waited for another five days before I heard back from the recruiter and was told I would hear back by EOD (which didn't happen). Wait for about a week and received a rejection email. The email was pretty straightforward, telling me that there were other candidates that did a better job than me. At the end of the email, the recruiter offered to provide me with feedback and asked when will be a good time to chat. I responded saying I am more than happy to hear feedback and AGAIN no response.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward. Started with an initial screening with a recruiter with very basic questions (job history, skills, why Glassdoor? etc.). Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager also straight forward and very conversational (my experience, why Glassdoor, what was my understanding of the role, any questions?).

The next step is where it gets a bit intense - the mock presentation. You're provided with a renewal deck that you'll be presenting to various managers within the sales team. This is probably the most important step in the interview process and I can't stress enough how important it is to prepare!

After that there's a final interview with a few managers and some folks on the team. That same day I was made an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter. This was a typical screening where they want to know what you're looking for and they let you know about the role.

I was then invited into the office a week later for a 30 minute one on one with the hiring manager. This was a deeper discussion on the role and how it aligned with what I was seeking.

The third step was an online sales presentation with the hiring manager and two other managers in California. As others mentioned, this is the part that requires the most preparation. You don't need to be a product expert to do well at this. Just make sure to ask questions and be ready to address the needs you uncover with solutions.

For the final step in the process I was invited back into the office for a series of four 30 minute meetings. At this point you are being highly considered for the role. They just want to make sure you will be a good culture fit and truly want the role.

I received an offer later that afternoon and gladly accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

There was four total steps that took a little less than a month. Each step was well communicated for what was expected, how to prepare, and next steps. First there was a Phone screen, then I met with a few of the team members in person and it was somewhat conversational and situational questions. The 3rd step was a sales pitch was focused on my role (Account Management), where I was given feedback on how I did right after. The final step was a final in person interview with 4 more team members where it was again conversational and somewhat focused on questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in "growth" over "new business"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a spot in their upcoming Chicago Office. The phone interview was first and pretty basic. Explaining myself, current position and what I was looking for. Next, the recruiter sent me a personality/sales type quiz. It took over an hour and it was a lot of math and other random questions. I thought it was a huge waste of my time. The next step was a Skype interview with two growth managers. The recruiter who set up the times seemed a little unorganized. The actual interview was just ok. The growth managers seemed uninterested in the interview, not making a lot of eye contact. They were both late and what I thought was a little unprofessional was the girl twirling her hair and looking down. I couldn't find where the office in Chicago was going to be opened and I asked her and she responded like it was some big secret and I should've have asked. A simple no would've done. It wasn't a hard interview. I went over my current job experience and what I could bring to the table. The last guy that interviewed me said he had to cut it short and disconnected the call. I wasn't sure what would happen or the time frame of the next steps until I reached out to the recruiter again.

Interview Questions

• Why Glassdoor?
      What do you know about Glassdoor?
      How do you feel cold calling?
      What do you do to maintain current sales relationships you have?   Answer Question

Glassdoor Response

Nov 11, 2015 – Director of Account Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and giving us feedback. We agree with you! It is difficult to interview over Skype, from both a candidate perspective and an employer... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got an opportunity to visit the office and meet almost everyone I would be working with on a day-to-day basis. There were quite a few interviews (5 including the mock presentation), so it took about a month from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing in your career history that you regret?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2015.

Interview

The process took less than two weeks, only because it was right around the New Year. I was contacted pretty quickly after applying and spoke with a Manager on a Tuesday. We had a great conversation about my experience and the role. I was followed up with on Monday by a recruiter who talked to me about the interview process and asked how my previous conversation had gone. She also asked some questions about my background. I went in for the in-person interview the next day and spoke with two people- conversations were great and they both seemed to want to be sure I had the capabilities, but also that I would be a good fit with the team. Two days later, coffee with the first manager I spoke with which was a good conversation, and covered a lot of situational questions to see how I handle things and prioritize. Last step was a presentation the next morning. I had asked for pointers and knew overall what they would be looking for- it was just my job to execute and show them that I had the skill. I was offered the job later that day and accepted. There was a lot of follow-up from the recruiting team along the way and everyone was very pleasant to speak with. Questions asked were relevant.

Interview Questions

• The presentation was the most difficult part of the process, but was not unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was aware of the pay setup for Sales roles based on conversations with the recruiting team and was happy with what they offered.

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The process was swift and effective. Heard from a recruiter, passed a phone screen, scheduled an in person meeting and then an online pitch with the executives and key team members. The final step is meeting with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you faced a challenging client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was quick. It is a set salary and commission structure that is non-negotiable.