Glassdoor Enterprise Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Glassdoor Enterprise Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Remote, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Pros: all the people I had contact with were professional, sincere and genuine. this was the primary reason joining this organization was an attractive option for me.

Cons:
1. very long and lengthy interview process. In my case there was not an open position when I was interviewed therefore the process took over 3 months to find out I was not selected for a role. However, the only feedback provided was a perception of lack of excitement. It is hard to remain excited for a role if it takes too long or has numerous steps. Additionally, evening interviews can add to that component as well.
2. there appear to be some disconnects between the recruitment team and hiring managers in terms of setting expectations for role, whether interview is video or phone call and other minor details which all contribute to candidate experience and quality of interview for both sides
3. while it is admirable the company is trying to create a bench with qualified candidates proactively, the timing should be a little more reasonable to keep people interested and excited
4. there are many steps to the interview process particularly interviews with multiple managers. this creates confusion and a bit of redundancy for candidates
5. nobody likes role plays but most of us understand the value they serve in sales settings. however remote role plays when you're interviewing with people you don't know are very clunky and do not set up anyone for success. it's like having a guest at your house and not speaking to them. not a great first impression. Role plays are better in person or have someone present on a different subject to gauge their presentation skills.

Overall, Glassdoor seems to really care about their people and is doing their best to find the right talent. Perhaps if the leadership team would re-evaluate the interview process to eliminate some redundancies (perhaps reduce interviewing with 4 managers to 2, if you're going to have people do a role play fly them in to do it or change from role play to a different type of presentation) and disjointedness in the process, it would possibly improve the candidate experience and employer brand for the company.

Interview Questions

• are you motivated by fear or losing or by winning?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

A very knowledgeable senior recruiter was extremely helpful throughout the process. The first step was a phone interview with that recruiter for initial vetting. From there, I had a video conference with a hiring manager that was informational and consisted of asking about my background and why I was making the decision to switch roles and gave insights on company direction. I then presented via webinar to 2 hiring managers and a director on Glassdoor product. I had the opportunity to have lunch with the hiring manager a week later that did end up extending an offer. Before the offer was extended I met two directors at the Chicago office. Getting an opportunity to visit and witness the Glassdoor culture was extremely important in my decision process along with the impression the executives made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was recommended from an internal employee, who forwarded my resume to the recruiter. I spoke with the recruiter the next day and we had a great conversation, and I felt very good about my standing. I was forwarded to the sales manager and we had a video conference two days later. The sales manager seemed bothered she was speaking with me, and seemed disinterested from the start, but I seemed to answer her questions well and the interview progressed well. I asked both the recruiter and the sales manager if my lack of Enterprise account experience would hinder me from this position and both said my lengthy sales experience would make up for that. Well apparently not because 2 weeks (they said they'd let me know in 48 hours) later I received a form stating I was not chosen to move forward. When following up with the recruiter she stated that I didn't have the Enterprise sales experience needed for the position. I would have appreciated the heads up from the start that I didn't fit their needs, and why waste both of our time! Also the sales manager said sh performs 2x one on ones per week, which seems incredibly excessive, so be wary of that!

Interview Questions

• What would your current boss say are your best attributes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a thorough process, but very pleasant. There are a couple phone interviews, then you have to do role-play sales presentation, then onsite interviews. In hindsight I thought the sales preso was the best part. It was tough trying to sell a solution you know nothing about yet, but the process really helps you gut-check to see if you can actually see yourself selling the product. Analisa and Kyle were both extremely helpful during the entire process - I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. I was currently employed while looking for a new role, and they stayed on top of me and helped me through everything. The whole process was very well organized.

Interview Questions

• I think the question that made me think the most was "what's one word you think your best friend would use to describe you?" Other than that it seems to be a lot about past experiences and culture fit. Can they see you working there and they want to make sure you can see yourself working there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chula Vista, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Individual interviews culminating in sales pitch. All was fine until sales pitch and recruiting and managers were not on the same page. The recruiting team instructed that we could either pitch Glassdoor or our own product. I chose Glassdoor rather than my own product, thinking it would show intitiative. In the review, the management team didn't appreciate that I chose to pull customer reports from Glassdoor and said they felt challenged. They also were not aware that recruiters had told us we could pitch our own product or Glassdoor. Advice to both recruiting and management would be to make sure you are on the same page and relay that to candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process at Glassdoor was very straight forward and moved quickly. My resume was sent to their recruiter by a current employee and after the initial 45 min phone screen I had a three person interview the next week. Before the in person interviews though I was asked to take a personality test online.

The in person interview was three 30 minute one on one interviews. Following the in person interviews was a 30 minute web demo of any product (including glassdoor.com if you wanted) to the same three people. We did not break character during the 30 minute web demo.

Finally, I had a 30 minute call with the VP of sales to discuss what motivated me etc. All in all I was very impressed by the speed and efficiency of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was very surprised at the interviewers ability to ask detailed questions during the web demo. The realism of the demo made it feel like you were in an actual sales pitch, and not simply an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary, OTE, and additional compensation was conveyed to me from the beginning.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and set-up for phone screen, which lead to an in office meeting. I met at Glassdoor offices with my would be manager, director and another enterprise sales rep. After signing in I was greeted by the friendly recruiting coordinator.After a quick chat with her my first interviewer took me to a small conference room where all three interviews were conducted. I was asked fair questions by each interviewer and nothing off the wall. Some of the interviewers were tough to read, so i was unsure of how well I did.

Interview Questions

• In the sales process, which step do you think is most important.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, because Glassdoor is about transparency.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I loved how quickly they moved along in this process. First call with recruiter occurred on a Friday. Following monday there was a follow up call with Manager, followed by an inperson a few days later. I had to do a web demo to 3 of the hiring managers and then had final call with head of sales. Altogether, a seamless process. Though not easy!

Interview Questions

• I would say that preparing and conducting the demo was the most challenging...   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in July 2014.

Interview

The process was great. It started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then was followed by 2 more phone/Skype interviews (I was interviewing from afar), and concluded with an in person interview and sales presentation at the office. Communication was open and direct the whole time, which I liked.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a few specific questions relating to Glassdoor that I didn't know the answer to during my "mock sale." I don't think they were expecting me to know the answers, but instead, wanted to see if I could think on my feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer seemed fair, and was a step up in both base pay and OTR (on target earnings) for me, so I did not negotiate.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor in July 2014.

Interview

Process was about 10 days long due to the timing of the next training class. One in person, one phone presentation. Over all it was a fairly easy process. No curve balls.

Negotiation

very little since they have a transparent policy, all offers are the same for the position.