Glassdoor Interview Questions in Green, OH | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Green, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Fairly common interview process--thought it would be more progressive like the company. I submitted an application, received an email in roughly a week to schedule a phone screen. Had phone screen with office manager. She is a very nice upbeat person, very pleasant. Nothing remarkable about the call; pretty standard questions. I was advised I would be contacted within two weeks, and I received the standard turn-down email within that two-week period. The pay was very low for my experience, and I was over-qualified. But for this organization, compensation was not the primary motivator...GREAT company--VERY young, and cool back story. Also, the compensation is competitive for the position, and the benefits rock.

They are very difficult to communicate with--rarely receive a live person, and they rarely, if ever, return calls. Interestingly, VP Mgmt both answered the call, and followed up. They also act oddly when asked for information on office locations. I wanted to map the drive for the interview, and they literally would not give out the address, stating that they do not give that information out. Very strange.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Glassdoor?   1 Answer

Team Lead - Content & Community Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Green, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and shortly thereafter was invited via e-mail to set a time for the phone screening.

The office manager who did the phone interview was fantastically upbeat and seemed to enjoy her job, which made the process quite pleasant. At the end of the call, she informed me that I would hear back within two weeks, if they were going to follow up with additional interviews.

Less than a week later, I was contacted to schedule an in person interview at their local office. Finding the office was a little bit of a challenge, but once inside everyone was very professional and friendly. After visiting with the office dog, I was invited back to the conference room, to interview with the manager and another team member. Both interviewers with polite, friendly, enthusiastic about their work and asked in-depth questions. If I wasn't excited about the prospect of working with them when I sat down, I sure was by the time I got up! I was shown around the office and met a handful of the team. Afterward, I was informed that if they would get back to me within two weeks, whether or not they were going to move forward with me in that position.

Less than a week later, I had my politely formal rejection.

Funny, but it was a very good experience, aside from the fact that both Glassdoor and I have missed out on a great chance for me to work with them in that position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Glassdoor? Why are you leaving your last/current job?   Answer Question
    • What was one time you had to work with subordinates to accept a change in company situation or policy?   Answer Question
    • What is your least favorite situation to manage?   Answer Question
    • What was one time you had to deal with a negative situation which wasn't covered specifically by company policy?   Answer Question
    • What was one time you received criticism from your boss? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Glassdoor Response

Aug 29, 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience. The idea that you felt more confident about wanting to join our company after sitting down and meeting our team members is very meaningful to hear. A dog... More

Senior Content and Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Green, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview and in-person. In-person section involved answering questions from 3 people and a presentation and skills assessment (technology provided). The questions were pretty standard. Interviewers were friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Asked to give a presentation on a company I researched before the interview   Answer Question

Senior Content and Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Green, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I first had two 30 min. phone interviews before I was invited to come in for an on-site interview. I would say that there was about a week between each interview. The phone interviews were pretty standard. My interviewers were kind and professional, and were helpful in also answering any questions that I had. The on-site interview lasted about an hour. I was only interviewed by one person, but she said that normally it would have been by three. The other two were taking care of business at some of the other branches though. The interview questions were pretty average, I would say. At the end, I was given a chance to ask some questions of my own, and then I was given a tour of the facility. I received a call about a week later and they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you turned a negative situation with a customer into a positive one?   Answer Question
    • What are your plans for the future?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you to keep going and do a good job at work, even when things get dull or monotonous?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Glassdoor?   Answer Question

Senior Content & Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Green, OH) in April 2018.

Interview

The whole process was quick and seamless.

I originally applied for a position I did not have the background to quality for. The recruiter quickly reached out about the Sr. Content & Community associate role. The position seemed like an excellent fit for my background and professional goals and I was excited about the opportunity.

The process was quick and standard after that:
    1. 30 min phone call
    2. 1 hour in person interview with 3 team members
    3. Accepted an offer the next day

The in person interview was challenging but also felt laid back. Everyone I met seemed very passionate about their job and the atmosphere in the office was exciting. I knew as soon as I walked out of the interview this was the place I wanted to be.
    Huge props to the recruiter for picking me out for this role when I was in the wrong pile. He was also excellent at communicating with me throughout the process. I'm not sure how he could have made the process easier for me.

Interview Questions

• Name three words to describe you?

Why do you want to work for Glassdoor?   Answer Question

Sales Support Order Administrative Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. The first round involved a phone screen with a Glassdoor recruiter, second round of interviews involved 3, 30 minute, back-to-back video interviews with different members of the team/leadership.

Interview Questions

• During the initial phone screen they asked, "What really made you apply for this position?".   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Green, OH) in March 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email wanting to schedule a phone call with a recruiter in Chicago. We chatted and after doing so, she said she would send her notes to the local office to determine if further steps would be taken. At this point, she told me the salary and was very forthcoming about it. She was so nice and very relate-able. Two-ish days later she got back to me with a determination from the team that the local manager would like a phone interview. I completed this, where they were very nice and about a day later, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Everyone was great to talk to along the way. The office is a little tricky to find, but my in-person interview was with three people (an HR rep and two team members) who were completely comfortable to talk to; they were interviewing others that day. They asked the usual questions, but also a lot of "give us an example" type questions, which I found applicable. They asked questions and toured me the office. I was called by the Chicago recruiter the next day (before I even had the chance to send thank yous) and was told that I wasn't being offered the job unfortunately. She even humored me when I asked why (which so many people never bother to tell you, so I was very, very thankful for this feedback, especially as a younger person unfamiliar with the interview process). She went through the notes and I could tell from her expression that she was genuine when she told me that it was neck to neck and ultimately my frustrations with my current employer held me back. Of course, I felt so silly, but I AM frustrated with my current employer and, well, lesson learned. But I sent thank yous anyways and asked they kept me in mind. The whole culture of this company is amazing and I would do anything to work for them, genuinely. This particular position only pays a whole whopping dollar more an hour than my current position and is a further drive, but I would still take the opportunity in a heart beat. No hard feelings, just disappointment, but definitely encourage others to pursue employment with Glassdoor. They are incredibly transparent, good-spirited people, and really embrace the wants and needs of their employees. My only knock is that, while I can appreciate their thorough interview process, I felt so invested by the time that I got through multiple phone calls that the disappointment hit even harder.

Interview Questions

• What are your top three strengths?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Describe the type of team/working environment you do best in.   Answer Question
    • Tell us an example of how you would research a company (changes, legitimacy of, etc.).   Answer Question
    • What is something that frustrates you?   Answer Question
    • Will this role make you feel fulfilled given how different it is from your current position?   Answer Question

Team Lead, Content and Community Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Green, OH) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day to do a phone screen. The phone screen went very well and the recruiter was pleasant, enthusiastic and informative. She was clear about the salary range and gave me a time frame in which to expect a response regarding the next phase. The next day I got an invite to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. That was a completely different experience. She was not as pleasant. I could tell that she was not enthused to speak with me even though I put out great energy. I felt she already had her mind made up after the first question based on her response and phone demeanor. Overall the process was quick, which I appreciated. The recruiter was the best part of the experience.

Tead Lead, Content and Community Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Green, OH) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a two phone interviews (one with recruiter and one with hiring manager) and a panel interview. All of the interviews were conversational and comfortable which appealed to me. The recruiter that I dealt with during the entire process was very helpful and answered my questions accurately and timely. It was amazing to me how closely they stuck to guidelines when they were telling you when they would contact you for next steps. They were always within those time frames and in my case, they contacted me before they said that they would. By far the best interview process I have ever completed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what your plan would be for the first 30, 60, and 90 days of your employment.   Answer Question