Glassdoor Senior Product Manager - Content & Community Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Product Manager - Content & Community Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The initial 45 minute phone interview with the Sr. Director of Product Management started out with a description of the role and a discussion of how the definition of the role had changed over time. Apparently the applicants who applied when they initially posted the position were not inline with what they were seeking so they revised the role and reposted it. We also reviewed my background and how it applied to the position. I then had a second 45 minute phone interview with the VP Product & Marketing. We reviewed my background and then got into some problem solving exercises that included: (1) What are some strategies for acquiring content on larger companies for which we they currently have none? (2) How do we keep information on over 200,000 companies up to date? (3) What would be the criteria for determining the length of time salary data remains relevant? Following this interview they scheduled me to come in for five hours of on-site interviews with various team members. The night before they emailed me and said that they would need to cancel the on-site interviews since they needed to again redefine the role.

Interview Questions

• What are some strategies for acquiring content on larger companies for which we they currently have none?   Answer Question
  • How do we keep information on over 200,000 companies up to date?   Answer Question
  • What would be the criteria for determining the length of time salary data remains relevant?   Answer Question