Glassdoor Enterprise Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

3.4

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The process was intensive and definitely challenging at times. I felt that the various interviewers I spoke to were honest and thoughtful in their questions and feedback. By the completion of the final interview I left with the feeling that they diligently explored me as a candidate, and I was able to reach a deep knowledge of Glassdoor as an Employer. Overall, a very thoughtful experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult step in the sales process, and why?   Answer Question

Glassdoor Response

Nov 28, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thanks so much for the review. We try really hard to provide a great candidate experience every time. We're glad to hear that while you did feel some intensity and challenge, it was balanced with... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The process started with a short 15 minute phone screen with the recruiter, after which I was invited to a ~45 minute video interview with the Hiring Manager. I was then brought into the office to present a 45 minute sales pitch to a prospective client which was role-played by the two hiring managers and the Sales Director. That was followed by a ~45 minute video call with the other Hiring Manager, and more of the same with the Sales Director. I was then invited into the office again to meet the team, and was given an offer two weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Transparent, effective and efficient. Every step of the process makes sense and my recruiter was very engaged throughout, both to prepare me for each step and to also make sure that my questions and concerns were being addressed. They encouraged my interaction with current employees to give me the fullest sense of what I should expect if I were asked to join the company. 1. Recruiter phone-screen, 2. Hiring Manager Call, 3. Role Play, 4. On-site. Whole process took ~5-6 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mesa, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview that was very conversational. The recruiter asked a lot of good questions and most were answered appropriately. Unfortunately the recruiter told me I had a thumbs up and would be getting a call only to get an email 2 days later saying we're impressed with your resume but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• how long did you work at last employer
      what did you do there
      quotas per month quarter annually   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Remote, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Pros: all the people I had contact with were professional, sincere and genuine. this was the primary reason joining this organization was an attractive option for me.

Cons:
    1. very long and lengthy interview process. In my case there was not an open position when I was interviewed therefore the process took over 3 months to find out I was not selected for a role. However, the only feedback provided was a perception of lack of excitement. It is hard to remain excited for a role if it takes too long or has numerous steps. Additionally, evening interviews can add to that component as well.
    2. there appear to be some disconnects between the recruitment team and hiring managers in terms of setting expectations for role, whether interview is video or phone call and other minor details which all contribute to candidate experience and quality of interview for both sides
    3. while it is admirable the company is trying to create a bench with qualified candidates proactively, the timing should be a little more reasonable to keep people interested and excited
    4. there are many steps to the interview process particularly interviews with multiple managers. this creates confusion and a bit of redundancy for candidates
    5. nobody likes role plays but most of us understand the value they serve in sales settings. however remote role plays when you're interviewing with people you don't know are very clunky and do not set up anyone for success. it's like having a guest at your house and not speaking to them. not a great first impression. Role plays are better in person or have someone present on a different subject to gauge their presentation skills.

Overall, Glassdoor seems to really care about their people and is doing their best to find the right talent. Perhaps if the leadership team would re-evaluate the interview process to eliminate some redundancies (perhaps reduce interviewing with 4 managers to 2, if you're going to have people do a role play fly them in to do it or change from role play to a different type of presentation) and disjointedness in the process, it would possibly improve the candidate experience and employer brand for the company.

Interview Questions

• are you motivated by fear or losing or by winning?   1 Answer

Enterprise Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewing with Glassdoor has been an extremely organized and professional process. I met some very fun, intelligent, and respectable people. I would have loved to be apart of this team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interviewing for Glassdoor? Why do you think you would make a great sales person here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

A very knowledgeable senior recruiter was extremely helpful throughout the process. The first step was a phone interview with that recruiter for initial vetting. From there, I had a video conference with a hiring manager that was informational and consisted of asking about my background and why I was making the decision to switch roles and gave insights on company direction. I then presented via webinar to 2 hiring managers and a director on Glassdoor product. I had the opportunity to have lunch with the hiring manager a week later that did end up extending an offer. Before the offer was extended I met two directors at the Chicago office. Getting an opportunity to visit and witness the Glassdoor culture was extremely important in my decision process along with the impression the executives made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was recommended from an internal employee, who forwarded my resume to the recruiter. I spoke with the recruiter the next day and we had a great conversation, and I felt very good about my standing. I was forwarded to the sales manager and we had a video conference two days later. The sales manager seemed bothered she was speaking with me, and seemed disinterested from the start, but I seemed to answer her questions well and the interview progressed well. I asked both the recruiter and the sales manager if my lack of Enterprise account experience would hinder me from this position and both said my lengthy sales experience would make up for that. Well apparently not because 2 weeks (they said they'd let me know in 48 hours) later I received a form stating I was not chosen to move forward. When following up with the recruiter she stated that I didn't have the Enterprise sales experience needed for the position. I would have appreciated the heads up from the start that I didn't fit their needs, and why waste both of our time! Also the sales manager said sh performs 2x one on ones per week, which seems incredibly excessive, so be wary of that!

Interview Questions

• What would your current boss say are your best attributes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a thorough process, but very pleasant. There are a couple phone interviews, then you have to do role-play sales presentation, then onsite interviews. In hindsight I thought the sales preso was the best part. It was tough trying to sell a solution you know nothing about yet, but the process really helps you gut-check to see if you can actually see yourself selling the product. Analisa and Kyle were both extremely helpful during the entire process - I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. I was currently employed while looking for a new role, and they stayed on top of me and helped me through everything. The whole process was very well organized.

Interview Questions

• I think the question that made me think the most was "what's one word you think your best friend would use to describe you?" Other than that it seems to be a lot about past experiences and culture fit. Can they see you working there and they want to make sure you can see yourself working there.   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a great chat with first interviewer / screener. She seemed real and not any sort of canned conversation. In fact she indicated she was going to recommend to proceed to the next phase. Immediately took the online assessment next day. I followed up with her almost a month later and informs me that they don't have any senior roles open for 6 more months (why list jobs online when they are not available?) When I expressed interest in other sales roles (less money) as I wanted to be a part of a growing company and when the time comes I would have an internal track record to state my case in that path, she didn't respond.

Discouraged by Glassdoor and their lack of clarity on the whole process, particularly after hearing such good things about the people who work there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too much out of the ordinary, explained past experience, salary expectation, etc.   Answer Question