Glassdoor Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Glassdoor Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

3.3

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was 4 steps long that consisted of a phone screen with HR, video conference interview with the direct manager, mock sales pitch to the direct manager and director and a final phone interview with the director. Typically you would interview in person, but my 2 direct managers were based out of state. The process was very throughout and I was extremely impressed with the teams response time and communication. They got back to me either the same day or within 24 hours after every interview as promised. They asked great questions and really took the time to get to know me and what I was looking for in my next career move. After the mock sales pitch they took the time to give me feedback and they were direct and honest during all times of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do sales?
      In 30 seconds explain to me what Glassdoor does.
      If I hired you today and I gave you a list of companies to target and call on, how would you prioritize the companies you call?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Very smooth - the recruiter call through the final interview only took about 3 weeks to complete. There was the screen and then 3 calls. First, with a sales manager one on one. Second, the presentation. And third was a call with a sales manager to make sure that I was comfortable with the idea of working for Glassdoor. They essentially have decided on you after the presentation, so if you get a third interview that means they are considering offering you the job if you want it.

Interview Questions

• The second interview was the big test - they ask you to run a mock presentation with sales managers playing the prospects.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty typical for a SaaS sales position: a couple phone screenings followed by an in person interview and finally an 30 minute mock sales presentation via screen-share. Everyone was very professional and supportive throughout the process. They obviously have high expectations of their applicants, but at the same time are welcoming and want you to do well. Its a difficult balance to strike and I was very impressed with their ability to do so.

Interview Questions

• What sales methodologies are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, they do not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I had several interviews with both the recruiters as well as the hiring manager. The last step was a presentation on a deck they provided. The presentation was not so much focused on "who Glassdoor is" but how you handle yourself when questions are asked as well as the flow of your presentation. The audience consisted of the recruiters that I had already spoken with as well as the hiring manager. The presentation was recorded for others to listen to.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through what your sales process looks like.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter in California followed by a 2nd phone interview with a hiring manager in the specific market. There was a follow up email between both interviews from the corporate recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Process was relatively easy. Initial phone call from HR then a conversation with a manager. After conversation with a manager, you run through a mock presentation of the site. After the presentation I was extended an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

My first phone screening was about 30 minutes and involved fairly typical questions including, job description, my compensation, my background and what to expect at Glassdoor. Two days after that I had a Skype interview that included a 30 minute talk with a rep and then a mid-market manager. The discussion was more conversational which really gave me a good idea of the company culture and honest insight into the role. After that I moved on to a sales pitch where I presented the Glassdoor product. All I can say is that if you know someone who works here, you should consult them before the presentation because there are specific buzz words they are looking for. The final interview was in person and lasted about 2 hours in total. I met with 2 mid-market managers and the director of sales and the trend of comfortable conversations continued which really gave me a good feeling about the opportunity. Everyone had great energy and made me really excited about the role. 5 days after the in-person interview I was presented with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen which ended quickly and turned into an on-site visit a few days later. I met with several people in different sales capacities that finished with HR to get an idea about my current salary and such. From there they asked me to present the Glassdoor platform to the same people that I met with during my onsite via webex. (They don't supply you with much besides who you will be presenting to so be sure to take your time preparing a proper presentation.) After that, I had a call with the head of sales whom was very smart and asked very good questions. She also did a very thorough job explaining the vision that she has for the growth of her team and the company. From there we moved to the references point and while speaking to my references, I was presented with another opportunity that I thought I should pursue so I never supplied them.

Interview Questions

• No question was exceptionally difficult. In my interviews with sales leadership they asked some very specific questions into my background, Glassdoor and why they thought I'd be a good fit. They were pretty straight forward questions that any sales person should be able to speak to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was very impressed with the process. I had an initial phone interview with a sales manager. He was very engaging and was my point of contact through the process. He was also very transparent through the process and I very much appreciated that. After the initial phone interview I was sent a personality test that I was to complete. Once that was completed, I was brought in for in person interviews. I met with 3 different managers, all spent ample time with me and allowed me plenty of time to ask questions. The next step was to do a mock sales call over the phone so they could get a sense of my selling style. It was a great exercise and they gave great feedback after the call. The final step was a interview with the Director of Sales. The offer came in shortly after.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a prospect that was upset/dissatisfied with Glassdoor?
      If I were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would I bring?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

The hiring process is a long one, but it's because Glassdoor wants to hire driven, intelligent, and sales orientated people. My first interview was with the hiring manager, which consisted of a 30 minute phone call. This call involved a run down of my work experience, and why I wanted to work at Glassdoor. After that, I was invited on site for a face to face with the hiring manager. This was a much more in-depth conversation which involved a mock cold call.

After that, I was asked to present a 20 minute sales pitch over the phone to 3 managers. This could be on any subject. The final round was an interview with the SVP of Sales.

Every person I met was extremely passionate about Glassdoor and the amazing opportunity that the job brings. The hiring managers and SVP are AMAZING people. After every conversation I felt more pumped about wanting to work at Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

I received another offer that had a higher salary. This was an extremely difficult decision as Glassdoor has many other benefits like work/life balance, dog friendly office, motivated co-workers, managers who will give you the tools to be successful, and kayaks!