Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.2

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA).

Interview

The process took longer than expected. However, the team was communicative and informed me that I'd been an early candidate and they were being thoughtful and thorough in the process. I would've liked a little more time to ask questions during my onsite but everyone expressed willingness to chat and answer questions after the fact, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to evaluate a couple of different business opportunities, pros/cons of each, and an ultimate recommendation on which opportunity made more sense for Glassdoor.   Answer Question

Sales Operations, Deal Desk Manager Interview

Interview

I had applied for this role online. Similarly to the last few reviews on here, I was contacted by a recruiter about scheduling a phone screen. I replied the same day with several time slots of availability, no response. I followed up several days later, no response. Connect with the recruiter on LinkedIn, send them a message there, no response. You get the theme.

While I certainly understand that things can change quickly regarding the recruitment landscape of a position, it does not seem like to much to ask to keep candidates that you reached out to informed. It is better to receive bad news than no news. The unknown is the worst part of a job search.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Jan 3, 2017

Thank you for your interview feedback. We agree that the job search can be a frustrating process and we are very sorry that our interview experience added to this, rather than relieving it! If you ... More

Sales Operations, Strategy & Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (New York, NY).

Interview

It was incredibly disappointing. I wanted to work at Glassdoor because I wanted to contribute to its mission of providing corporate and career transparency to their corporate clients and day to day users. After applying online, I received an email from one your recruiters to schedule a time for a phone interview. I replied with a set of time slots in which i would be available and also noted that I would be more than happy to accommodate any other time slot that would be more convenient for the recruiter. After checking my email HubSpot email tracker, I realized that I've been misled. The recruiter had opened my emails several times but she had yet to respond. Now I'm starting to question why she sent the initial email in the first place since she is deliberately not responding to my emails. I really hoped that the recruiters are mindful of their prospects' situation. There are times where a prospects' family and livelihood are at stake and is dependent on seizing the opportunity that is presented by the recruiter. Leaving the prospect hanging is definitely not best practice. This experience has somehow put Glassdoor in a negative light in my eyes. The company is not holding its employees up to the standard it strived for. Thier mission and standards are after all that attract talented prospects around the world to Glassdoor. I really wanted to work here too..

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Jan 3, 2017

​Thank you for your feedback. As you speculated, this is certainly not a best practice of our team and I'm very sorry that it was your experience. We do strive to offer a World Class candidate ... More

IT Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call with internal recruiter. Recruiter (on speakerphone in an echoey room) asked some questions including current salary, and then basically told me I live too far away, and that their max salary was far below my current, but suggested I could still speak to the hiring VP if I wanted to. Followed up with a couple of emails, never heard back. Rather surprising since I was an internal referral from one of their executives.

Interview Questions

• General background questions. The type of questions led me to believe the recruiter didn't really understand the nature of the position or my experience.   Answer Question

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process felt comfortable, from my initial phone screening/interview with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, to an onsite visit to meet with two senior individuals, and finally ending with a group presentation to the remaining team. The presentation was a favorite of mine, and I emphasized trying to show some creativity in it.

Overall, I had a great experience and enjoyed myself. Everyone I met directly with was welcoming from the start to the finish. Time between each leg felt efficient and appropriate. The recruiter I worked with was professional in every manner, and genuinely aimed my experience to be a positive one.

Interview Questions

• Why Glassdoor?
      A time you experienced a challenge and how you handled it?
      1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was emailed for a phone interview. I emailed my reply because there was no phone number given. No reply. I emailed several times after that and was totally ignored. Then I received the 'we have chosen..." email. Total disrespect for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Never got a reply to their request for an interview so I have no clue   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone then in person. Everyone was very nice during the process. Thought I did well in the interview, but they decided to go in another direction. Better luck next time

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very simple process. Intro call followed up by 4 one on one in person interviews with future team leader/members and lastly a presentation to a group panel. The recruitment team is extremely helpful and walks you through the process every step of the way

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months total, which was surprising, but I had an incredible experience. I had a phone screening with my recruiter, a phone screening with my manager, a mock pitch presentation with 3 managers, and then finally an in person interview with 3 managers at the Mill Valley location. That totals 4 interviews over the course of 2 months.

The true shining star of my interview process was my recruiter, Kate. She was, by far, the best recruiter I've ever worked with. She was warm, friendly, and extremely helpful throughout the entire experience. We ended up communicating through text, and she was always immediately available when I had a question. She was always willing to schedule a call with me during her off hours (we were on two different time zones). A day before every interview, she made sure we had a prep call to prepare. 5 minutes before every interview, she would send me a "good luck" text to reassure me. I never felt like just another new hire she needed to hit her personal quota — I felt like she genuinely saw talent in me and was there to assist me throughout the entire experience. If you're reading this, Kate, thank you again for the help!

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself more of a hunter or a farmer, and why?   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a very efficient yet comprehensive process. The process began with a recruiter screening call. Next step was a phone conversation with the hiring manager. After that I was provided with a deck and some materials to prepare for a virtual mock renewal presentation to three Glassdoor managers. Preparation was key. It's a great opportunity to dig in, gut-check and see if this is really something you get excited about and could see yourself doing long term. Last phase was onsite interviews in Mill Valley where I met with seven different members of the team. A long day, but a great opportunity to meet/engage with the team and see if Glassdoor would be a good cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard out the number of Starbucks in Boston and explain your growth strategy to expand current market share.   1 Answer