Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

HR phone screen, Hiring Manager phone interview, then onsite panel interview with a 30 minute presentation to the group on a NYC CitBike program with one on one with senior managers in matrix working relationships - Generally very professional through out the process with strong communications from the HR Coordinator and partner.

Interview Questions

• 9 balls, one is heavier with only two chances on the scale, can you find the heavier ball?   Answer Question
    • Why Glassdoor?   Answer Question
    • Describe machine learning engineering management and defining requirements?   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Overall super organized and transparent. Everyone I met with was super friendly and the interview was challenging but had no "gotchas." I had to travel to MV for my final in person interviews and the logistics of travel were taken care of for me and very organized / easy to follow.

The steps were:

1. HR/Recruiter phone call
    2. Technical screen with live SQL coding
    3. Technical exercise (data viz, modeling, making recommendations based off of your analysis)
    4. In-person interview in Mill Valley ~ 6 hours, 5 different sessions, 1 remote call with the Chicago team

They take their company culture very seriously and I got most of my questions about work/life balance and team culture answered without having to explicitly ask. They all radiated really positive energy without seeming fake.

Most of the in-person interviews were technical case studies or talking through hypothetical business problems, which I knew to expect because they were very forward about the business-oriented nature of the role.

Was mostly interviewed by men which is the only thing that worried me at all.

Interview Questions

• Given this UX flow from lead to sign-up for a monthly subscription, how would you aid product managers in testing improvements to the flow to increase subscriptions?   Answer Question

Brand Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough, and every step of the journey was meaningful.

There was an initial phone call with a member of their recruiting/acquisition team. This call was a basic rundown of the job listing, and a bit of a gut-check or preliminary interview before jumping on the phone with a manager from the Brand team. It was a pleasant conversation and lasted about 20-30 minutes, with basic questions about my experience and what I was looking for in a new position. There was an outline of what to expect moving forward, with the second step being an interview with a manager, and the third step being an on-site interview and that I would be requested to put together a presentation and perform a design exercise. At the end of the call I was told that the recruiter would pass along my information to the manager and that she would be in touch with next steps.

I was informed of my second interview within 24 hours, and had it scheduled very promptly. This time the interview was with the Art Director of the Brand team, and lasted about 30 minutes. Again, the conversation was very amicable, comfortable, and relaxed. There were some questions about strengths and areas for improvement, challenges faced with client feedback, and other fairly straight-forward questions. There weren't a lot of deep thought provoking questions, which I appreciated, as I've been in interviews where some more esoteric questions were asked that take a tremendous effort to answer effectively. The call concluded with a walk-through of my portfolio, and a deep dive walk-through of a favorite project of my choosing. At the end of the call, I was again informed that they would be in touch with next steps as soon as possible. By the end of the day, I had heard back from the recruiter that they would like to invite me to an onsite interview and quick design exercise/presentation.

The third interview was onsite, and took about 3-3.5 hours in total. In preparation for the interview I was asked to create a presentation explaining my design process from start to finish using a fictional project brief provided by the Glassdoor team. I would then have time to give a brief presentation on my portfolio. Once I was checked in at the front desk, a member of the recruitment team came downstairs and gave me a quick tour of the office and walked me to the conference room where I would be meeting with the various members of the team. The day was broken up into 5 or 6 different interviews, all in that same conference room, and allowed various members of the Glassdoor team to ask questions of me, and vice versa. Overall, I ended up chatting with 7-8 members of the team, which sounds like a lot, but everyone was incredibly nice and welcoming. Each conversation was easy-going, and helped me feel very comfortable throughout. At the end of the day, I met and walked out with the recruiter from my initial phone interview, and was informed that they'll be discussing the outcome of the interview and would let me know if there's anything else. This was on a Friday, and a job offer was extended by end of the day the following Monday.

Overall, it was probably one of the best interview experiences I've ever had. It sounds like a lot when written out, but the team made it simple and straight-forward, and every step had a purpose.

Applications Security Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

The overall interview process was quick, engaging and responsive. It took around a month to complete the entire interview process.
    There was a initial screening from the recruiter followed by the technical phone round by the manager.
    Once these were cleared was called onsite for close to 5 hours with 6 rounds. Questions ranging from given an architecture of a system securing it to general questions like
    CSRF
    SSRF
    how different security tools were integrated to the pipeline
    which type of scans have which type of weaknesses and how to address that
    secure code review
    On and all wasn't that difficult and had a good mix of brainstorming and discussions.

Senior Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Definitely one of the most grueling interview processes I’ve gone through in terms of how many people you would meet with, but it goes by quickly! My recruiter Mark was absolutely phenomenal in keeping me engaged every step of the way. He and the team I would be joining made it very easy for me to choose Glassdoor over other offers I had.

Senior Analyst (AR) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a Director at Glassdoor through LinkedIN inquiring if I would be interested in making a change. I reviewed the open role description and advised I was interested to learn more. I had a phone interview with a Glassdoor Senior Acquisition Partner and then another phone interview with the Director. From there we arranged an in person interviews with four Glassdoor employees in management, it took a couple of weeks for everyone's schedule to jive as some of the interviews were via video conference with the California office. The interviews took approximately 3 - 4 hours to complete. They contacted me with an offer within 48 hours and gave me the weekend to review and make a decision. The Senior Acquisition Partner made herself available (her name is Bree S.) and was very responsive with any questions/concerns I had during the offer consideration, acceptance and on boarding process. Thanks Bree!

Interview Questions

• What software I am familiar/have experience with   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

The application was submitted online through the company web-site, the entirety of the process lasted roughly three weeks. The interview was held at the San Francisco office in August 2019.
    Upon submission of application was quickly contacted by a technical recruiter who was helpful. In order of occurrence; recruiter phone screening, technical phone screening with the hiring manager, on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of five interviewers with lunch provided.
    The environment was very friendly, the recruiters were refreshingly helpful, and communicating with interviewers and hiring managers was a smooth and enjoyable onsite process. Overall this was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were asked in an original, interestingly phrased format. The individual interviewers were also very collaborative and helpful.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Recruiter found my profile in Linked in and I was a very good match for it. Good discussion with recruiter.
    Then asked to complete a task , it involved a problem related to multi-thread. Did that program.
    Then there was technical round which involves - questioning on Java and online coding challenge.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process here was relatively quick and very direct.

Brianna (my recruiter) was extremely helpful throughout the process whether it be via company value overviews, setting expectations with the specific role, or helping me prep for each step of the interview process.

It starts with a basic introductory call with your recruiter, then you have an introductory call with the manager you would be working directly under.

Assuming you pass these first two steps, you would get moved forward to a simulation pitch of their product with the manager and director of the division (you receive helpful materials to prep for this call).

The last step is an in person interview in with your manager, the director, and an employee currently in the role you're interviewing for.

It was a very straight forward and helpful process.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of a time you failed and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

This is the best interview process I have ever gone through. It is equal parts challenging and informative to really help you understand the culture of Glassdoor and what your responsibilities will be. This is how the process is broken down:

1) 30 minute call with the recruiter to learn more about your background and skills. The recruiter also went through salary and benefits
    2) 30 minute call with your potential manager to dive deeper into your background, skills and career goals
    3) 45 minute Zoom Video Conferencing call with a panel. In my case I had my potential manager, another potential manager, and someone currently in the senior account manager role
    4) 2 - 2 1/2 hour on-site interview with 4-5 people. In my case I had 5 people, the last was done over Zoom Video Conferencing in Glassdoor's office since they were not on site. I met with two senior account managers, two sales managers, and the sales director.

For the first two calls, expect questions pertaining to your resume/background and how your past roles have prepared you for the account manager role. The recruiter will do this on a very broad basis whereas the second call will be more specific. For the presentation, I echo what many other reviews say for this role: prepare early and practice often. You are provided a scenario and pre-made slide deck. Asking specific and tailored discovery questions, and researching Glassdoor will prepare you for your overall goal of showing of your sales chops to the panel. Again, echoing other reviewers: this was a time consuming step but was actually very fun and eye opening once you start to dig deep during your research. What was probably most satisfying at this point in the process, was at the end of the presentation everyone gives you instant feedback on what you did well and how you can improve.

For the final step, you'll be brought on site to interview individual with 4-5 different people. I was first given a tour of the office then sat in a conference room for the duration of the interviews. The types of questions vary from skillset, culture fit, and how you will accomplish different aspects of the role. This is your time to ask a lot of questions to get different perspectives from each person.

Everyone was extremely upbeat and friendly which really promoted a comfortable and relaxed environment through every step. The recruiter was great and extremely responsive to questions and scheduling. I heard back within 24-hours between each step, so though the process was somewhat lengthy everything was communicated quickly and effectively. I truly think other employers could learn from how Glassdoor runs their process.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume (this was asked of me multiple times through the process)   Answer Question
    • How would you organize your accounts?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Glassdoor?   Answer Question
    • If you could choose a brand that represents you best, what would it be?   Answer Question