Glassdoor Interview Questions in Mill Valley, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall, a frustrating experience. I went through 2 interviews & a Sales Pitch. The first 2 interviews were very straightforward i.e. tell us about yourself, what attracted you to Glassdoor, etc., while the Sales Pitch requires a lot of time & preparation, but comes across as a good taste of the job's duties.

My main frustration with this experience is how the interviewers handled it. I initially thought that each interviewer was very genuine & professional. However, following the Sales Pitch, no one ever reached back out to at least tell me I wouldn't be offered the job. The same people that had been so friendly & easy to talk to suddenly became impossible to reach. I sent a "Thank you" email & still have not heard back. It was like they would only talk to you if they think you could be of use to them. Once they realized I wasn't, I immediately wasn't even worth a quick email telling me the status of my application. This was especially frustrating because the people I had given the Sales Pitch to specifically told me someone would reach out to tell me the status of my application.

I also thought the structure of how the Sales Pitch was graded wasn't entirely fair. I was criticized because the questions I asked weren't "specific enough". This is something that could have EASILY been corrected if this had been outlined more clearly in the guideline. The prompt for the Sales Pitch stated to ask questions, but it didn't outline how important it was to make your questions very specific. I made a point of asking many questions during the Sales Pitch. This was also an ENTRY LEVEL position, where you can easily be taught this. To be critiqued on something so harshly when I could've easily prevented this if they just made this more clear was really unfair in my opinion.

I had a high level of respect for Glassdoor & really high hopes of contributing as a team member. Because of the way I was treated during the interview process, I've lost that respect.

Interview Questions

• What is something you feel very passionate about? Name a time that you had to convince someone of this belief?

Why are you interested in Sales?

Name a very difficult experience for you & how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months total, which was surprising, but I had an incredible experience. I had a phone screening with my recruiter, a phone screening with my manager, a mock pitch presentation with 3 managers, and then finally an in person interview with 3 managers at the Mill Valley location. That totals 4 interviews over the course of 2 months.

The true shining star of my interview process was my recruiter, Kate. She was, by far, the best recruiter I've ever worked with. She was warm, friendly, and extremely helpful throughout the entire experience. We ended up communicating through text, and she was always immediately available when I had a question. She was always willing to schedule a call with me during her off hours (we were on two different time zones). A day before every interview, she made sure we had a prep call to prepare. 5 minutes before every interview, she would send me a "good luck" text to reassure me. I never felt like just another new hire she needed to hit her personal quota — I felt like she genuinely saw talent in me and was there to assist me throughout the entire experience. If you're reading this, Kate, thank you again for the help!

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself more of a hunter or a farmer, and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. It would've been sooner if it weren't for some scheduling conflicts with some managers going on vacation plus the July 4th holiday weekend. I love the Glassdoor recruiters because I felt like I could rely on them throughout the entire process, my recruiter would check up on me after every round and was readily available to chat whenever I had any questions. First round was with the recruiter, basic background information to see if I was a good fit. The recruiter sent me a personality quiz to follow up after chatting. Second round was with the AAM hiring manager, went in depth about my experiences and more situational questions. Third round is the hardest, the mock sales pitch. They made the instructions very transparent, you have to come up with a pitch with the deck of slides given to you. Use your time wisely and do research! Only 1 in 8 people move on from the sales pitch to the final round. During the final in person interview, I interviewed with 4 people, 30 minutes with each person. Like most people said on here, I thoroughly enjoyed talking with every single person in the company. I got an offer the same day of the in person interview (:

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews focusing on my technical knowledge/level and they asked my career interests at the beginning.

Then I was invited for an onsite visit consists of product/behavior/system/experience interviews and lunch interview. I also talked to my manager at the very end. The recruiter kept me in touch and an offer was made to me with the compensation breakdown and philosophy. I had chance to ask a lot of the questions about the company/team before I accepted the offer.

I find the process pleasant and professional.

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a current employee at Glassdoor. I sent my resume to the Hiring Manager and had a brief call. I also had a short call with HR. After that I was set up for my first set of in-person interviews. I met with different levels of people from different teams. This took approximately 3 hours. After this process I was asked to create a presentation on myself and why I think I would be a good candidate for the role. I presented to about 8 people. It wasn't too difficult and the attendees ask questions throughout. I will say it is a bit distracting that some are looking at their computers and typing when you are presenting. Lastly, I had to take a "personality test". This is actually a personality test and a bit like the SAT. There is a LOT of math, so give yourself plenty of time to take it. Oh and brush up on your algebra before starting. After this, I actually received an offer fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to help Glassdoor in this role.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn jobs, I got a response from Glassdoor within a couple days. I had an initial phone screen with hiring manager, then onsite interview with 7 people roughly 45min each. Very little interaction with the recruiting team except for comp negotiation and scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Half of the interviewers asked me the same questions, some interviewers seemed unprepared.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First round was an HR recruiter phone screen, followed by interview with hiring manager, then interview with two directors and the hiring manager again over Skype in one marathon day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me 10 days later. I did the first interview by phone with her and got a positive response after 19 days, when we scheduled an in office interview. In the office I have been interviewed by two people from the team I will work with. Both have been very polite and showed me the whole office and introduced me to some people.

Interview Questions

• A book that inspired you? A person you would like to have dinner with? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was organized very well and the whole Glassdoor approach was highly professional. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to many people. Group lunch was great. Interviewers clearly explained their roles and what my role is going to be. This is easily the best interview process I ever had in my career.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you if contacted?   Answer Question

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

3 stages - Initial phone screen / case interview; take-home excel / ppt homework assignment; in-person panel of fit / case interview questions. Met 6 or 7 different people throughout the process, and got a good feel for the culture of the org and the team.

Interview Questions

• Multiple variations of 'Why Glassdoor' and 'Why this role'? Pretty typical, but important to have given some meaningful thought ahead of time.   Answer Question